Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, JAN 30)

kashakitty. Welcome to this fun board.

The sunshine feels nice coming through the windows.  I am enjoying being on the inside looking out.

I am glad that we did some shopping and banking yesterday.  We will do the rest on Friday.  We saw our attorney last week to update our Will, so we are doing a few things that he suggested would be a good idea.  

Honored Contributor

Hello, I layered up my clothing and made the journey to my former employer's location on the Detroit riverfront today.  There was a pre retirement gathering for a really nice woman I've worked with for years (she later joined our deparment).  I parked in the public garage next door and was there over 2 hours - parking cost me $8.  Now that, I find reasonable.

It wasn't too awful because I wasn't out in the winter for an extended period of time.  The group that showed up was small but sincere.  I'm glad that I went and was able to personally wish Annie well.

I'd been working on keeping the water outside warm all morning.  The birds and squirrels get really thirsty in this weather.  When I got home, I didn't even bother taking my boots or coat/hat off - I immediately went to the back door to get the frozen over bowl.

One of my taupe squirrels was eating on the patio and I noticed a streak of blood on it's fur on it's tail.  The squirrel was acting normal and playing around (best it could in this weather) so I don't know where the blood came from.  That concerns me.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Jean I think  in person topper is a little darker  than the picture but still bright...if that makes sense.   

twinny congrats to your Gs passing his test, I can imagine how happy he is.  I  think everything is more expensive in the  NE.  I remember when we moved backed to Maine from living in NJ  I thought everything would be less expensive.....not so!

Just as predicted the snow started falling about 3:10.  I imagine the kids and staff are all home how..at least I hope so.

Bernie you are sure  are appreciated by your wildlife.  I have to confess I say a little prayer to St Francis to protect them on days like this.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--I heard about the Postal Service not delivering in certain areas, as well as some areas being colder than Anartica. Stay warm!!!

Bernie--I'm glad that you could go to the pre-retirement function. I'm sure it meant much to your friend. Yes, the poor birds need water not ice. Thanks for thinking of them.

Marijane--Thanks for the info. I like more vivid or intense pinks or rose than the pastel type colors.

Well, no surprise! School is cancelled for tomorrow. I spent the afternoon reading as usual. I also changed my Amazon order to a neat gift collection of nuts that had great reviews and was sufficient for the number of individuals there. Women are noted for changing their minds. It is supposed to arrive on 2/1 but I doubt it with the weather.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.