Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, JAN 24)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  I need to leave to visit DH soon, but I thought I would get our thread started.  On FB, I saw that Jean is working today.  Hopefully, she is feeling much better and has a good day.

It is a very long story, but I have accomplished at least one thing on my list already -- talking to our broker.  He is such a nice man, and I think things will be easier once the brokerage changes (Scottrade has been purchased by TD Ameritrade.)  Fingers crossed.

It was warmer this morning (low 40's), and it is sunny outside.  I'm a happy camper.  I saw that some parts of the country are warmer than normal, and I hope that is good news for you if that is the case in your area.

After much debate I passed on yesterday's TSV, and today's TSV is not at all tempting.  I am happy that I purchased jewelry when prices were much more reasonable.  Now, I have plenty of jewelry with no need or strong desire to purchase more.  I did decide to try the language app for six months.  And, I noted on my calendar the date when I need to cancel if I decide not to continue.  Learning Spanish is the goal.  But, another major reason is to keep my brain active.

DH was more awake yesterday afternoon, thank goodness.  There was a new lady who was really confused and anxious.  I'm hoping they can get some medication to calm her down if she continues to have that problem.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, JAN 24)

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Linda - Thank you for starting us today.  Hope DH is doing well today.   I am sorry to hear about the new lady there, I hope things go better for her today.  

Hope all the changes go smoothly with your broker, I know that is a hard thing to work thru.  You just want the changes done.

Got to go, will check in after the dog gets her bath.

Honored Contributor

Hi ladies,

Hope all is well, take care,

http://www.lovethispic.com/uploaded_images/243854-Happy-Wednesday-Enjoy-Your-Day.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, hopefully your financial work is done soon.  It is too bad about the anxious lady.

Susan,   Good luck with the never ending chores around the house.

Monday was a  little rainy & icy.  Yesterday morning & this morning we  got a dusting  of snow.  

I got my new glasses yesterday & I really like them.  My DH had a field vision test yesterday & his brother wanted him to get 2nd opinion on whether he need's eye drops to prevent glaucoma.  Luckily he got right in at our local clinic & all is well.  Whew!

My niece & gn are coming for dinner tomorrow night.  It is fun getting together with them.

It is sunny & we have had many days of mild temps for this time of the year.  Certainly not complaining.

I have done NO shopping, so that is good.  The oil man came this morning & we are paying our property taxes this week.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. I do hope yoiur financial advisor and plan works well for you. Also, enjoy the language course. I do hope your visit with DH goes well.

Susan--Giving a pet a bath can result in the owner being as wet as the pet. I do hope it went well for you.

meallen--A great graphic. You always have great choices.

Twinny--It is good that you like your new glasses. I know it isn't good for the tourist trade that you haven't had the necessary snow, but we have so little control over Momma Nature. Good job on the lack of shopping.

As Linda said, I worked today and it was a good day. I came home a little early as the teacher had planning the last period. I did an hour of exercise upon coming home. I have plenty of jewelry, some very nice when the Q had good jewelry at reasonable prices. I definitely knew not to watch "Pieces of the Lifetime" or whatever they called the show with super expensive jewlery items.

FedEx delivered my shredder from Amazon yesterday, but they certainly did a great job of almost tearing up the box. Thankfully, the contents were not damaged.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.