Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, JAN 2)

Good morning, shopping friends. We are still having unusually warm weather with the rain finally stopping. In contrast, I saw that Linda awakened to snow for the second consecutive day in Arizona. Something tells me that this weather reversal may change but I'm enjoying not having snow.

I've been doing odds and ends around the house and getting prepared for trash day tomorrow. I also called the vet to have them reserve Midnight's prescription dry food to be picked up Monday when I have my orthopedic appointment. In addition, I made an appointment in late February for my primary doctor and an appointment with the lawyer tomorrow to have my will redone.

I confess to buying 2 pair of A295952 on clearance. I have one pair and they are super comfortable and will be perfect for spending over 25 hours in them when going to Australia. The non-stop from Houston to Sydney plus time from Columbus to Houston to get the non-stop plus time spent at the Columbus airport to check in requires comfort. I don't sleep on planes so this will be a challenging trip.

I didn't sleep well last night so I am tired from that plus the work this morning. School is back in session for the second semester but I'm not really planning to sub this week. I'm booked for two days next week leaving two available days that week to work should it become available.

I'm off to fixing something for lunch and then I'll be spending some Kindle time to relax.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, JAN 2)

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  The weather is pretty crazy.  Like you, I am not a fan of snow.  Snow on the mountains in the distance or on in a snowglobe is fine, but.....  Plus, my driveway had some slushy stuff (partially ice) on it this morning when I took out the trash.  I'm very concerned about falling, but fortunately that did not happen. 

This is the first time I have experienced two mornings of waking up to snow here, and a lady who has lived here a lot longer than I have said it was unprecedented.  Hopefully, this weather will move on to twinny's area where it is appreciated.

Hope you enjoy your pants -- always good to get them on sale.  What colors did you order?  Last week I found a pair of Linea pants that I like on sale  and ordered them.  Another pair of black.  They didn't have any blue in my size, but I did consider the gray.  Just think I'll get more use out of a black pair. 

Sorry you did not sleep well last night.  I did pretty well, but my knee is feeling the cold.  Fortunately, the compression stocking seems to help a lot.  I prefer not taking medicine unless it is needed, so this is good.

I did some cooking yesterday, including making some delicious Turkish red lentil soup.  I haven't made it for quite a while, but it was one of DH's favorites. Other than doing a little more cooking and some cleaning, no plans for today.  I did watch the first episode of the Marie Kondo tidying up series on Netflix, and I'm not sure that I can handle too much of the show.  I'll try, but it is too "sweet" for me, at least the first episode is that way.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Hi Jean @KonaKat  Thanks for starting the thread today.  What color cargo pants did you buy?  I don't know if I could stand being on a plane that long.  I might get batty Woman Tongue

This must be appointment day because I just scheduled my annual visit with the doctor for next Friday. 

I need to call the mammogram center and schedule an appointment for a couple of hours later than the doctor appointment.  They are relatively close to each other (doctor and mammogram place) and I try to get both done on the same day to get it over with.  I give a window of a couple of hours between appointment times to allow for my OB/GYN to run late.  There are little shopping areas near by so I can kill time window shopping between appointments in the event the doctor is on schedule.

I was battling 'wanty' yesterday.  I'd seen a cute ring on clearance at HSN and wasn't ready to fork over $59 for it.  I received a 20% off coupon from HSN and learned that I couldn't use it on the ring because it was on clearance.  I didn't buy the ring.

I'm also sitting on a $50 JCP gift card and was browing the sales yesterday.  I finally had to tell myself - get a grip - it's not going to expire any time soon.  Use it for something special.

Felt like I dodged a bullet Woman LOL

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

That's funny, Bernie.  I received an Amazon gift card, and I had to do the same thing -- no rush to use it.  But, I feel like it is burning a hole in my pocket.  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Linda--We definitely don't have the snow gene. Snow is pretty from the distance but not when you have to travel in it or walk. Like you, I'm afraid of breaking a bone. I got the pants in the only two colors they had left in my size, colors which I don't currently have in pants---navy and a berry like color. I would have enjoyed a charcoal or grey color.

Bernie--I really love those discount coupons which by the time you read all the exclusions, youi no longer have anything on which you really want to use them. Good job on restraining yourself until something comes along that justifies your use of it.

I just had lunch and cleaned the microwave. It is now time to read.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Linda @LindaLatte  You are getting more snow than I am and that's saying something.  Strange weather patterns for sure.  My patio was icy and when I went out this morning to feed the birds and squirrels I told them, be patient, I'm not breaking a hip for you Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Who knew January was a popular month for mammograms?  I was lucky to get Tuesday, Jan 15th. 

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Good luck with the mammogram; I usually have those done in the Summer.

I just remembered what I saw carried in WalMart as I went back to the grocery section. CuddlDuds! From the distance, I saw several nice items.

Honored Contributor

My RX showed up in my maibox today Woman Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone - Jean thanks for getting us started today.  Sounds like you're getting a lot accomplished today, even though you didn't sleep well last night.  I've also seen some Cuddleduds in Walmart.  Bernie - glad to hear that your prescription arrived.  Good for you pausing about the gift cards.  Wait until you see something you really, really want or need.  Linda - snow!!!  Your lentil soup sounds good.

I've gotten a lot accomplished today.  I brushed a bunch of dust/dirt out of the loft of the tack shed where we have long-term storage tubs.  I couldn't reach all of the tubs, but it was an improvement.  Then I went to the grocery store, followed by Walmart.  I was good about no "wantie" purchases.  I got myself a new ironing board, as my old one has started to rust.  Back at home, I finished packing away all of our Christmas decorations.  I will need my DH's help getting the Christmas tubs back into the garage attic, but I'm very happy to have made it this far.  As I was packing things up, I was thinking over a few items, and whether or not I would put them out next year. I even threw away a couple of little things that were in bad shape.   I think the fact that I'm dealing with Christmas decor at my mother's house as well as my own, just made it feel more like a chore than a pleasure.  (We put away all of my mother's stuff on Dec. 31.)  I will be pondering this subject.

Feeling tired now.  I think I will take a quick nap.  Dinner is going to be egg rolls that my DH's co-worker gave him, because they purchased way too many for a New Year's Eve party.  Not sure what to eat along with egg rolls, but I'll be happy not to do a bunch of cooking.

Have a blessed evening!  Charlene