Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, JAN 17)

Good afternoon, everyone! I am home watching the Weather Channel to see what the latest victim of Inga might be. I did venture out in it early this morning in zero temps and several inches of snow to put out the trash.  We were told the trash would be pickef up but might be delayed and it was by about 4 hours.

Well, I had no real plans to buy anything this month but then got a notice that an IT cosmetics item I had ordered on waitlist was on its way to me. I had forgotten I had even ordered it. Just shows how much I needed it, and as a "want" is must have been a low priority.

I feel for those who are dealing with the onslaught of Inga. Hopefully, any difficulties will be minimal. I do hope Marijane was able to get to her hair appointment.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, JAN 17)

Hi everybody,

Freezing rain and crazy flurries here. Stay indoors if you can,

http://www.lovethispic.com/uploaded_images/240281-Happy-Wednesday-Have-An-Awesome-Day.gif

Honored Contributor

Thanks for starting the thread Jean @KonaKat  Wow, the last time I heard about a storm it was named Grayson.  I didn't realize we've had two more than earned a name.

I went over to the main building in our campus and picked up my retirement package.  I was grateful for the option to pick it up as it requires a signature and I wouldn't have been home to sign for it.

They put together a binder and I will take some time to read through it over the weekend.  Technically I don't have to return anything until 30 days before my last day, which would be the end of February.  I try not to wait until the last minute for anything, lol.

I have one question for Retirement Administration already so I will go over the contents of the skinny binder and get all questions together so I only have to ask once.

I thought I would feel something.  I don't know, nerves or something.  Instead I felt nothing - which is a good sign I think :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies.....Jean I did get to my  hair appointment this morning....to every ones surprise, especially the school kids ,we had rain...the temps shot up to 36 during overnight  so not  even a delay for them.It has been snowing off and on for awhile now but not sticking because it's too warm.  I had a email picture from one of my sisters down near Atlanta showing snow on the ground.....and they were all in a tizzy about that.....I think it was their 2nd snow storm this winter.   I am glad I did not cancel the apt yesterday.     I measure when spring is coming by how many hair apts I have till warm weather comes and I don't have to worry about cancelling due to snow.....I have 2 more....LOL (I go just about every 4 weeks)

Not much else going on here.....guess I'll do some laundry    and figure out what to have for supper......exciting I know.  I hope your weather improves Jean and Twinny gets your snow!          Have a nice day everyone......Marijane 

Honored Contributor

So we had a little excitement in my state last night.  A meteor streaked across the sky and some of it landed in Michigan.  I was in my office, online around 8 pm and heard and felt a boom.  It didn't feel like an earthquake - it felt like a truck ran into my house.  I stood up and thought - was that a truck that ran into something immovable?

I looked out the window, saw nothing.  Came downstairs, peeped out the front door, saw nothing.

Didn't know what it was until this morning.  Boy I think that's a first, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

meallen--Thanks for the great graphic!

Bernie--I think you have peace of mind regarding your retirement. Sorry you missed seeing the meteor.

Marijane--The weather's path is so unpredictable. Glad you got to make the appointment. Love your method of Spring countdown.

Twinny--I am sorry that you are missing all the snow the South is getting.

I didn't feel the best so I spent the afternoon in bed reading.  I just turned on the local two-hour newscast but think I will search for something that doesn't have snow in it.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon friends - Jean - thanks for getting us started.  I liked what you said in yesterday's thread that sometimes you think about how many hours you'd have to sub in a bad classroom to earn the money for an item, and that can be enough to detour you from making a purchase.  Smart thinking!  meallen - thanks for the cute graphic!  Bernie - retirement is coming soon, wow.  So, a storm was named after one of your birds?  That's funny.  And a meteor is exciting.  I'd much rather have a meteor zoom by than be told that we had incoming missiles, like poor Hawaii and Japan.  Marijane - good luck figuring what to make for dinner.  Sometimes I have good ideas, and sometimes I'm stumped.  Today I noticed that our fridge is filling up with lots of containers, so I think tonight is going to be leftovers.  

I purchased some things from ebay this morning.  It is an extra ebucks day, plus I had my ebucks still to spend from the previous period.  I bought a set of Columbo DVDs, some vintage beaded fruit for a decoration idea I have, a beaded poinsettia table runner for next year's Christmas, and some Carolyn Pollack earrings.  Not one of those items is a need, but I did get a pretty good deal.

After being quite inactive and eating too much over the holidays, I've slowly been getting back up to speed getting my Fitbit steps in, and yesterday I was very productive getting stuff done around the house.  I was feeling quite pleased with myself in the late afternoon, when I was felled by a migraine.  Sometimes I feel like I'm being punished for being good.  Not really.  But kind-of.  I'll do my best not to be deterred, lol. 

Cool but dry weather here.  My DS walked through snow to his classes today.  I like it when he texts me photos of his life in VA.  Well, Waves to all  ~  Charlene 

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening.  Thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Sorry about your weather.  I saw that many areas that don't get snow/ice are having problems with it this winter.  Yuck.  Really hope that you can sent your snow to twinny.  Sounds like it is important for her area.  

Glad you made it to your hair appointment, Marijane.  Waves to Bernie, meallen, Charlene, and all of our posters and readers.  

Today I went on a very enjoyable "newcomers" trip to an American Indian Museum and art gallery about 70 miles away.  There were 10 of us, and we went in two cars.  I ended up sitting on the middle seat of the back of the truck which wasn't all that comfortable, but okay.  Very fancy, new truck. We also went out to lunch at a nice restaurant -- not fancy, but good food and reasonable prices.  It was much cooler and windy there, and I was happy to get back to our warmer weather.  They are predicting cooler weather with a chance of rain on Saturday, but it should reach the upper 60's or 70's for the next couple of days.  

Fortunately, I got home in plenty of time to visit DH before dinner.  He was in a good mood and ate well.  He doesn't seem to be talking much, but seems much better than last week.  

I saw on FB that one of my work friends passed away suddenly.  Not many details yet, but some are saying she had an infection and passed away from it.  Certainly a sad loss -- very nice lady.

Sleep well everyone.

Hugs,

Linda