Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, FEB 20)

[ Edited ]

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Another colder than normal day here (only 27 when I got up), but at least it is sunny.  They said that our weather is considerably colder than normal -- 15 to 20 degrees cooler for this time of the year.  Friday sounds like a particularly nasty day with lots of rain, cool temperatures and wind.  The snow in the mountains is pretty, but I certainly can do without snow and ice like they are having in DD's area.  Hope any of you in the snow/ice zone are keeping safe and warm.

I am a fan of many VPH items, but I have decided not to watch her programs because I certainly don't need any more Easter/spring decorations.  Hope I stick to my resolve not to buy wanty items -- be they clothes, shoes, decorations, or anything else.

Today I am meeting an older lady (used for volunteer at the senior lunch program) for lunch.  I enjoy our monthly lunches (at least most months).

No TSV for me -- I just don't care for the "originals" and I don't want to invest in more.  I ended up donating many unused Scrub Daddies to the thrift shop.  I know many love them, and I hope any of you who order the TSV enjoy it very much.

Glad you are finished with your medical tests for a while twinny.  Good luck with your dental work, Charlene.  I know abscesses can be painful and dangerous.  Maybe you will be asked to speak again at another time.  Love those earrings you ordered, Bernie.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Have a nice day, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, FEB 20)

Hi Linda @LindaLatte , thanks for getting us started.

I don't have much going on this morning/afternoon.  I've been browsing the new arrivals at JCP and adding to my 'wish list'. 

I think bad weather is on the way and by my calculations, it's running behind.

Wait a minute, rofl, I just caught the local weather on the noon news.  Boy is that weatherman back peddling. 

All this technology and they still don't know Woman Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

IHEllo Ladies.....thanks for starting Linda, that pretty chilly weather for your area...hope it doesn't hang around too long.  HAve a nice lunch with your friend.

Bernie we are waiting for the snow to arrive this afternoon, they said around 2 but I think it will be here earlier....Schools did not have early dismissal today but all afternoon activities are cancelled......tomorrow it's supposed to be 50!!! HOw crazy is that.

Twinny happy to hear all your procedures of the last few days went well.  I take it your ds wife is back from the Phillipines...what a long trip that is!

Charlene nope your mouth is starting to feel better ..nothing worse than a tooth ache.

I nad an early hair apt this mornimg  and I was happy to beat the snow..I was thinking of cancelling but since it's supposed to be a late start of snow I decided to go.  I am a chicken to go out if snow is the ground.  I only have one more hair apt in March and then won't have to worry about snow for several months.     NOt much else is new...DH is making  pennein Volka sauce with shrimp for supper..one of a few of his cooking dishes.

Have a nice day everyone....stay safe......Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, I like to watch VPH, but I haven't bought anything from her.  I just like to see how she decorates.  I have seen a lot of her items at the QVC Outlet Store & they are much cheaper than what I see on her shows.  Have fun at your lunch today.  My DH has classmates that are in AZ & they aren't happy with the colder & wet weather.  I am not sure where they are though.

Bird Mama. We got a little bit of heavy wet snow early this morning & it required me to use the snowblower.  Now we are supposed to get freezing rain this afternoon.  That's much worse than snow, so my DH out salt on the driveway.  Our next weather system is supposed to be Saturday/Sunday & it could be a messy mixture of ☔☔☔ & ❄❄❄.

I am going to have a lazy day today. I am so glad that all of my recent tests are fine.  Right now I am kind of mentally exhausted.

Tomorrow we are having a nice lunch out with friends.  

Our DD had to report to jury duty on Monday.  She said that the drive into Madison was awful, but she was lucky not to have been chosen.  Our youngest dgs is excited that his band gets to play at the Buck's pregame show tomorrow night.  

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. We are having above normal temps again with plenty of rain off and on. I think we have traded temperature climates. I don't need the TSV either. I do like and use scrub daddies but I have some left from a Christmas gift.

Bernie--Bad weather? Almost 175 miles from me, they are being belted with snow and a web cam along I-70 near Columbus showed vehicles pulled over to the side. A person here on way to Cleveland for a medical appointment said that when she came to a rest stop that she pulled in as it was too difficult to see safely.

Marijane--I'm with you on the snow. In our area, it can be just a dusting but go a hour away or more into the city area, and there can be inches. I just don't trust myself on snowy or icy roadss, nor do I trust6 the other drivers who think it is fun to test their boundaries.

Twinny--I am glad that your test results are negative.  I'm not much of a VPH fan. Her items are nice and she is from my state but I'm just not into that kind of thing too much. I have some wall decor, etc. bought in my travels like an indoor outdoor thermometer in Koa wood I bought in Hawaii, but all items are tasteful and don't look like souvnier type stuff.

I've just been going through things and better organizing things I'm charging my back up chargers and throwing them into the proposed carryon, as well as putting some things in the donation box. I slept well last night and overslept, forgetting to put out the trash but it was pouring the rain so that isn't good for carrying out trash.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Marijane @Genny1 Clearly my mind is someplace else.  I thought you wrote Penne in Vodka sauce I thought hmmm, different but I'd try it Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@twinny70   I won't complain if the slushy stuff misses me.  I don't mind snow.  Snow covered by slush is too much for me.  

I understand being mentally exhausted over the test.  Even though we go in knowing we can't change what they may see, it still takes a toll.

Esteemed Contributor

Marijane, I am assuming that our ddil is back to Boston safe and sound.  I will be talking to our son on Saturday night.  She will be very tired, but I don't think that she has to go back to work until tomorrow.  Your supper sounds good. I like anything with shrimp in it.  I am not afraid to drive in snow, but I am very careful of freezing precipitation.  We were supposed to get 9 snow storms this year, but we have gotten 14 so far.  I think our Ground Hog Jimmy is wrong.

My DH just reminded me that it's lunch time.  It's leftovers and pork chops for supper.

My DH washed the Subaru yesterday, so I don't want to take it out of the garage until tomorrow. It is so sparkling clean.

Honored Contributor

On the subject of scrubber doodies (which is what I call them), my Ma used Dobies (before they were bought out by Scotch Brite).

Image result for dobie sponges

I use Ocelo (by 3M) scrub and wipe pads.  They started to disappear at local stores last summer/fall so I went to Amazon and stocked up.

Image result for ocello scrubber sponges

Trusted Contributor

Bernie....yep that!s what I wrote....penne in  Vodka sauce.....2 tbs butter....1/4 pound sliced pancetta....1/2 cup heavy cream...1/3 cup vodka ... 1 and 1/2 tomato sauce.      Of course the penne pasta........and .at the end when sauce is cooked ...pasta cooked separately ..he puts in sautéed shrimp.     Quick and easy meal.