Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, FEB. 17)

@Bird mama, I think that is sweet that you got the bird decorated stump as a memorial for the site where your birds are buried, I don't think it will look tacky at all. And, yeah, that s*cks that Q raised the price on the jewelry box. I hope it wasn't because they realized they, for once, had a cheaper price and thought they could get more for it. That's just wrong on their part. If they were satisfied with their price before your review, they should still be satisfied with their price.
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

I've had a "wonderful" day. I went to bed to read and rest since I was feeling so tired. I fell asleep and missed an afternoon optometrist appointment. Now, it is rescheduled to 4:30pm tomorrow eve after work.

Bernie--I think the memorial to the birds is very appropriate. It is amazing the jewelry box price increased so much. Perhaps you got it on a special pricing time and the ones that were then ordered to replace the older stock had to be priced more because the Q had to pay more. Who knows, but that is quite a difference.

Kathleen--I don't think DH's standards of neatness measure up to yours. I sometimes think they take things such as that for granted.

Linda--Enjoy your lecture on Cuba as well as the walk which will help with any stress. I know that DH will benefit from his "club" activities.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Hi girls! It's an overcast day, but not too terribly cold. I have to go out to Walmart, as I got up to find that Angelica has chewed through her airline-grade tie-up cable. (sigh)  Fortunately she was on the back porch and didn't run off, but I need to get her secured before I have to deal with that witch from Animal Control again.  I guess I'll have to get a chain; hopefully she won't chew through that.  That dog drives me up a wall - she has toys of every kind, but totally ignores them in favor of things she has no business touching.  I had kept a case of dog food on the back porch, and she and Honeybun managed to get at it.  Would you believe those two actually bit through metal cans to get at the food inside?  Cat Surprised

My Whisper has a URI; poor little guy is susceptible to them, as he has kitty herpes.  His appetite is good, though, and he's active, but I'll pick up some Fancy Feast for him anyway, just because I love him so much.  Publix also has Temptations treats on BOGO - Whisper loves them, and would go thorugh an entire bag if I let him.

BTW, does that silly message tags box annoy anyone else? I start to type in the message box, and then the cursor jumps over there on its own...

So, Jean, "school was back in session tomorrow?"  Cat Wink  I'm surprised the school heater isn't on some sort of timer.  How's that allergic reaction doing?

Bird, that's a lovely idea, the memorial to your precious birds. 

Snicks, beef stew sounds good!  I haven't made it in years; maybe I'll see if Publix has a good price on stew meat.   You poor thing - sorry to hear DH is sick.  When I took cupcakes to the dentist last week the ladies told me the office manger was out because her husband broke an ankle; they were all feeling very sorry for her, knowing what a PITA an injured/sick man can be... Cat LOL

Hope DH has a good day at the Club, LindaL - I know you need the break. Horizontal stripes are OK if they're very narrow.

I used to love the original Liz Claiborne line; I still remember the first things I bought from her when her line was introduced: two beautiful business suits in Bloomingdale's.  Macy's Herald Square used to have a Liz department that in itself was bigger than a lot of stores; I could go crazy in there!  It's a shame the line has become cheapened, and I don't buy it anymore.  I used to have to go down a size on her things; with the "new" lines, I have to go up a size.  I still have some old, classic pieces, and they still fit, so I'll never get rid of them.

I guess I should get dressed and be on my way.  I have a pair of PJs I had gotten in Sam's before Christmas and have never worn so I think I'm going to return them.  I also purchased two pair of fleece-lined knit pants, and one pair is going back as well.  They're very nice, but the pair I wore is too big and is slipping down on me, and besides, there's only a month of winter left.  That's money that can be put towards the HVAC fund...

Have a blessed day, everyone! 

Esteemed Contributor

Arlene--The message tags box doesn't annoy me but having the "best answer" box so close to the "reply" button has resulted in a careless "mousing" to select the wrong thing when I wasn't intending it. Yes, I think it is a good time to see how you can add to the HVAC fund, including past purchases that could be returned as well as carefully evaluating future purchases. That practice applies to all of us. The allergy is gone.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.