Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, DEC. 2)

Greeetings, shopping friends. I had an uninterrupted 8 hours of sleep last night, which is a first for a long time. I awakened in time to put out the trash. I am now waiting to watch the Gov's speech.

I did do some sorting by piling a huge bunch of clothes on the bed to go through and organize by brand and type. My usual brands are Denim & Co. and Susan Graver, with some Bob Mackie mixed in.

I really don't have much to add to this thread but I did buy the TSV tumbler set. I don't think that purchase will make a dent in my over 800 Fico score, but I would like something that keeps things hot or cold as long as they say.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely. If you venture out, do so safely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, DEC. 2)

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Glad you got so much sleep last night.  I slept much better than usual, but not eight hours.  I am grateful for the sleep that I got.  

Glad you did your sorting.  Like you, I ordered the TSV tumbler set.  I hope that I find people to gift two or three of them, but I have to say the main reason was that they called out to me.  I checked prices on Amazon, and one cost around $20.  So, even with S&H, these are half price.  And, they get excellent ratings both here and at Amazon.

It is quite chilly (cold to me) here this morning, so I decided to postpone my walk until this afternoon.  I did a short Leslie Sansone DVD this morning.  I like them, but I think they would be too much if one had problems with knees, hips, etc.  

One of the cookbooks I had on hold at the library is in, so I hope to pick that up this afternoon. I have my last OLLI yoga class today, and I have decided this is the last Zoom yoga class I will take.  Just too difficult, and perhaps dangerous to my health.

My health insurance company (this is in addition to Medicare) sent information about the 2021 costs and benefits, and it turns out that costs are up and some benefits are down.  Not too surprising, but..... I was sorry to see that they will only pay toward hearing aid replacements every five years instead of every three years.  But, thank goodness I got my new ones this year.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day and stays safe.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

We still have snow on the ground and cold temps. There is some ice but the roads look to be in decent condition. I have got to pick up prescriptions today. I expect that I'll have to make another trip on Friday for the other two that were to be refilled. 

KomKat--I have those tumblers from 2 years ago and a smaller size from last year. They are the best that I've found. They do keep your drink (hot or cold) at that temp for hours and hours. I gave a few as gifts to the mail carrier and the regular UPS and Fed Ex (dog foof) driver. They were well received. I hope you are pleased with your set.

The sporting goods store is having a flash sale on storage containers for the garage. My hubby has been wanting to do some organizing out there with the bags of sald, potting soil, etc. The container that we are using doesn't seal properly so it presents a problem with the salt for the driveway. I'm just glad that he's going to handle that part of the garage.

Today I want to re-do the large wreath for the patio fence and get a tree topper on the dining room tree. I'll do my errand first because I lose track of time once I get into decorating or crafting. We have a couple solar lights that aren't working but I'm going to wait until they thaw before I handle that situation.

I've had that same situation with the QVC label on most of my packages. It states page 1 of 3 but 2 &3 are not there. It's either that or #1 is under strapping tape. More missing invoices this year inside the boxes. That really is concerning to me. At this point, I'm glad that they arrived within a reasonable amount of time. I haven't noticed that situation with packages from HSN, Kohl's or BBB. I wonder if they are understaffed and overwhelmed. 

Have a nice afternoon/evening. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Linda--I also bought those tumblers with myself in mind. I'll tuck some away for gift use if needed. I agree that this is an outstanding price for the TSV and hard not to buy. You are fortunate that your Medicare plan covers hearing aids as mine doesn't. It depends upon how the advantage plan is negotiated with various employers, and thus affects rates. I got my hearing aids at Costco for around $1500 and have a 3 year service/loss replacement included in the price

Fressa--It is good that you have a positive report on the tumblers. It is good also that your DH is taking over the organization of the garage as you have been so busy with other areas of the home. I got salt for the driveway last year and it was never opened. I look forward to another winter like that as what little snow fell was quickly melted off.

I went to the Post Office where I had a heavy box awaiting me from the Q. I think it has to be the Temptations bowls with spatulas that were ordered for gifts.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

We got a bit of snow yesterday and it was cold and breezy - I felt bad for the widllife.  I ran a few errands that had me on the west side and then the east side.  I guess I'm spoiled by short trips to get what I need since I retired because I found myself getting annoyed with all the driving yesterday.  The roads were good - only my patio was icy.

It was sunny today and I did some grocery shopping much closer to home.  

I had a hard time falling asleep last night and I hope it goes better tonight.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise