Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, DEC. 12)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  It is sunny, but cool here today.  It felt cooler than I would like on my walk this morning, so I cut back a bit on my walk.  I will probably take another walk this afternoon when it is warmer.  That is assuming I have time after going for my drug test.  Meanwhile, I am watching people jog by in shorts and T-shirts.  One man wasn't even wearing a shirt.  Chances are they are "winter visitors" who think 50 degrees is hot.  

I noticed that the shipping prices here have gone up a bit, and that is just another reason to be careful about ordering.  So far, I'm not really tempted much, although the tape measure TSV is interesting.  Just not something that I would use much.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, DEC. 12)

Hi Linda, thanks for starting us off today.  We get snowbirds too.  I'm shocked to see people walking around in shorts and sandals, lol.  I just realized that you're right about the cost of shipping going up.  It is another reason to be careful about ordering.

I placed a few more online orders for Christmas gifts.  My DD has Amazon prime, so she usually places the order for me.  We also have been purchasing things on behalf of my mother, who doesn't shop online.  I hope people like the things we're picking out.

On another thread, posters were having a heated debate over a famous person.  I didn't dare write anything.  But I wish that they would all be aware of the roll the media plays when it comes to fame.  First they will portray an individual as perfect: posting nothing but flattering photos and saying good things about them.  The person gets built up and up until they're almost worshipped.  Then the press will start to tear them down: posting unflattering photos and saying nothing but negative things about them. Fame can be a roller coaster of being built up and then torn down.  The public needs to be better about taking everything with a grain of salt.

That said, I need to go run errands today.  Hope I get everything accomplished.  The next few days will be busy ones.  Wishing you all a pleasant day!  ~  Charlene 

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. Sorry you are having nippy temps making it chilly to walk. You are correct that snow birds might fid your temp warm compared to their home. I know it was 20 degrees here when I went to work. I would love to be a snow bird but can't do it.

Charlene--One of the negatives of being a famous person is the reality that the media contstantly seems to try every teachnique to get pics  of people in less than perfect conditions. I know some lawsuits have been filed because of photoshopped pics, etc. of things blown out of proportion. It seems the current emphasis is on tearing people down rather thann build them on...and that applies to all walks of life. People focus on the negative more than the positive.

I just paid my Post Office Box rent for the year. The clerk said rates would be going up next year. This will result in increased shipping costs.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

I set four goals to accomplish this afternoon while off from work since I needed to be able to access or call some offices during work time. I managed to accomplish all four and also changed the filter in the HVAC. 

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

@LindaLatte  In Michigan I've seen guys jogging in shorts and short sleeve shirts in 30 degree weather.  Aside from dodging ice and not breaking their rear ends I often wonder what that cold air is doing to their lungs and heart.  I'm convinced that kind of thing is not good for a person Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Charlene @cerb  I haven't been poking around the forum today and so I'm glad I missed the thread you are talking about.  In my opinion, kindness is always best.  Sure famous celebrities put it out in the public (I think their industry demands it even more in the social media age) however these people have hearts and feelings too.  I can't imagine not being able to just go about my business without photographers chasing me around.  

Honored Contributor

I have no idea why I awoke at 5:15 this morning.  I stayed up, made some coffee and watched retro TV programs (Avengers tv show) until my birds started to stir.  Usually Grayson comes downstairs around 8 am.  Presto starts chirping roughly 15 minutes later.  It was overcast and darker this morning and I was a bit nervous when I approached the stairway at 8:45.  As soon as I let out the Good Morning Children greeting, Grayson was cooing and Presto was chirping.   I can feel myself getting tired and it's just past 7pm here.