Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 2)

Bernie--I didn't know it was Designer Jewelry Day either  until I turned the TV on and Carolyn Pollack was presenting that ring. There have been some enticing items today. I saw part of the PTR show but I am now off to see what earrings I missed.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, my go to jewelry is hoop earrings, my relatively new diamonique ring, a watch & a bangle bracelet on most Sunday's.  I hope that your DH is doing better today.  I received an email yesterday from my second cousin saying that she & her DH are going on a Rhode scholar (sp?)  over Labor Day to see bears & whales on the West coast somewhere 

Meallen, cute graphic.

Jean, fashion day used to be fun for me too.  I would set the alarm & get up at 2:00 a.m.  that Carolyn Pollack ring is very pretty.

CERB, Glad that your migraine is gone.  Enjoy your Barbara Bixby ring.  It is beautiful.

Bird Mama, it is 80°, humid & a chance of rain tonight & continuing through Friday at which time it will be in the upper 60's.  

My DH left a while ago with one of his brother's for a baseball outing.  He is the eldest of 5 boy's so they should have a good time.

I am having lunch out tomorrow with a friend & hope to declutter my summer clothes, shoes & handbags before he gets back home tomorrow night.

I also need to straighten a closet that I totally messed up last night while looking for a suitable bag for his mini trip.

I am doing no cooking either.  I fixed a roast, mashed potatoes & fresh veggie last night & we had leftovers for lunch today.

I had a sad call from my cousin last night saying that she waxed the floor's & slipped on Monday night & broke her leg in 2 places.  She was going to come here on Friday & stay a couple of nights & meet a childhood friend that she hasn't seen for a long time.

My tablet is acting up.  I can't send or receive emails.  Argggh!

Esteemed Contributor

I forgot to tell you the BIG news around here.

After oversleeping & missing my walk on Monday, I walked early yesterday & today.  I told my DH to meet me at the Blue Ox for breakfast.  As we were eating, a lady slammed into the restaurant.  It was very lucky that nobody got hurt.  3 guys were right at the window by where she hit the brick wall.  She was busy talking to her passenger.  She was driving an older model Caddy & it had little damage, but the side  of the restaurant has moderate damage.  I still can't believe that the large window didn't break.  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--I can't think of a better way to observe Fall Fashion Day than that of going through the summer items or other ones to determine their fate and organize those to be kept. You were fortunate that the woman didn't "drive" through the window. That happened recently in our state when someone's car went through a huge window that took up much of the front of the biz. Your jewelry items sound lovely.

I'm off to fix dinner. Tomorrow, I'll be off to the city to get my nails and hair done.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the FitBit information, Jean.  I finally figured out how to look up the information, including my fitness rating.  The funny thing is that it said that I was in the excellent category for a lady in my age range, etc., but I could improve by either losing weight (5 pounds) or exercising more.  No way I  would want to lose 5 pounds -- yikes!  Exercising more is an option, but I feel like I'm exercising a lot already.  Anyway, thanks very much.  

I hope you, Charlene, and any others who order jewelry enjoy it very much.

I can't imagine having someone crash into a restaurant where I was eating like that, twinny.  Thank goodness no one was hurt.  A few years back, a driver (I think male) crashed into a local supermarket produce department.  Unfortunately, the man he hit passed away from the impact.  Sorry about your cousin's leg. Hope she is better soon.

DH wasn't much better today, and the caregiver told me that he is developing sores (I don't think she used that name, but sort of like bedsores).  She asked if it would be okay to put him in bed for a few hours in the afternoon -- both to keep the pressure off his rear from sitting in the wheelchair all the time, and to help him get some rest.  They tried this on Saturday, and it helped him.  I agreed to the idea, but I'm a little sad about the development.  

Trusted Contributor

Oh my goodness twinny - I'm glad that no one was hurt by the car crashing into the restaurant.  That must have been scary!  linda - sorry to hear that your DH is developing sores.  He probably needs to be "rotated" more often, for lack of a better word, ie. sitting in chair, laying on back, laying on stomach, laying on sides, etc.  I think that's incredibly important as people become less mobile.  P.S. - don't take the caregiver's words for things, I'd make sure and check his body myself to make sure sores were healing.  (Sorry for sounding bossy).  Continued (((hugs))) for how wonderful you are to your DH.