Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 2)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  

Nothing exciting going on here.  I used to buy lots of jewelry from the Q, but emphasis on the "used to."  I was able to say "enough is enough" and stop.  Unfortunately, the same thing has not happened with clothing and shoes.  Certainly less, but between here and other places, still too much.  I read these inspiring stories about people who have de-cluttered and are loving life, but the inspiration doesn't motivate me enough to really "buckle down" as my Mom used to say.  

DH was doing okay yesterday, but still not quite back to "normal".  This may be the "new normal", but I'm hoping he will be a bit better today.  This afternoon, I plan to pick up a few things at the grocery, and hopefully do my "strong bones" workout at home.  

I was wondering how you found that eight hour figure, Jean?  I'm probably not looking at all the available data, but I only see the "active minutes", and that would be much less than eight hours for me, despite all my walking, etc.  I have activated the feature that reminds you to walk at least 250 minutes per hour, and I have set that for 12 hours a day.  I cannot always meet that goal since I'm at church, a meeting, or whatever, but it is a good reminder for me.

Hope your migraine went away, Charlene.  Also hope they go away for good like mine did some years back -- knock on wood.

Waves to all of our posters and readers, and have a good day!

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. Shout out to Barbara and Syd -- hope you are enjoying the beach.

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 2)

Hi everybody,

Ran a few errands and now the weather here looks like rain and thunderstorms coming!

Image result for happy wednesday people pics

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. I do hope you have a great day. I had a detailed explanation of the 8 hours along with graphics but I lost the info. I do hope DH's day is not the new norm.

I'll try to recapture the info. I use the WIN 10 app for the Alta HR on my laptop. It gives far more info than the web Fitbit desktop. I have no idea what info is provided on smart phones.

I click on the WIN 10 app desktop icon for current heart rate and resting heart rate. That takes me to a graph that shows me a daily summary of the resting heart rate. To the right is a listing of all the graphs of each daily heart rate. Choose the day you want, and when that loads you will see to the right info regarding the number of minutes in fat burning zone, cardio zone and peak zone.

restinheartrate.JPG

You  can also get an estimate of your cardio fitness which is based upon all the factors the Fitbit measures if it has the HR function. On the graph showing the daily resting heart rate, to the far right of it is an arrow to advance that graph. If you do that, you get something like this:

cardiofitness.JPG

I originally boiught the Alta HR to keep track of my HR at a glance plus a graph of the 24 hours. As someone who has AFiib and Flutter but usually has no idea when it is taking place, this has been a great source of info despite rarely having a problem that lasts more than a few minutes. I am just now getting into all the other things for which most people use a FitBit.

Yes, it tracks steps but it also tracks active minutes.  Fitbit counts active minutes as 10 minute blocks of time or greater that are at 3+ METs (metabolic equivalent which meets the CDC's definition of physical activity).

I just did 10 min and they were just walking so I didn't get awarded for it because it was not intense enough. I saw from my measured heart rate that I was not as elevated as it had been when earning the active minutes.  As a result, a person can add steps but they won't be counted as active minutes unless of an intense nature to elevate heart rate.     

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

meallen--Thank you for the great graphic. A good choice as usual.

Unlike Linda, today tempted me as I think I wanted rewarded (excuses) so when  a Carolyn Pollack ring was presented this morning, I decided it could come home to me. J350080.

I guess tomiorrow is Fall Fashion Day. If so, I'll be in the city away from any temptation. It used to be a big buying day for me but I don't think I purchased anything last year.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Linda and mellen, and everyone else to follow.  The migraine is gone, thank goodness.  I should be busy doing chores, but I'm slow waking up this morning.  When it comes to decluttering, I can't "force" myself to do it, or I won't get rid of anything.  I have to be in the mood to make any real progress.  As for jewelry?  I caved and bought the Barbara Bixby TSV in garnet.  I don't need it, but I think it's pretty, lol. 

On the other hand, July was a very good month for me shopping-wise.  I purchased very little, so I'm happy about that.  Compared to last year, I've spent a little more on "luxury" items, and quite a bit less on clothes.  Overall, not bad, but there's room for improvement.  

I'm continuing chores and paperwork today.  Hope you all have a good day!  ~  Charlene 

Edited to add - we were posting at the same time Jean - I'm glad that I'm not the only one to give in to a jewelry purchase, lol.  I'd probably be in trouble if my Fitbit only counted intense walking!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Charlene--It is good that the headache or migraine is better. I'm like you also in that we both like jewelry too much, not to mention  significant progress can be made only when the motivation  hits. I have a Barbara Bixby ring in garnet; in fact, it was a TSV once and then presented as a sales price item today. I like it very much.

Honored Contributor

@LindaLatte  Hi Linda, thanks for starting the thread.  I didn't even know it was designer jewelry day, that's how out of touch I am.  I like Barbara Bixby's designs, I just don't know that I would wear a piece enough to justify the cost.

Hope you have a nice visit with your husband.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hi @meallen616  I just looked out the window at work and the skies are started to darken.  I think we can expect rain tonight and for a few days.  I wish my weather people would just spit out the forecast instead of giving me teasers to keep me tuned into the news.  It doesn't work with me - I turn off the tv at night and just walk around uninformed about the weather, lol.

Honored Contributor

@KonaKat  Wow Jean, I didn't realize the fitbit was that smart, lol.

Honored Contributor

Charlene @cerb  There is a pair of 1 inch hoop earrings by Peter Thomas Roth that I'm telling myself I don't need, lol.