Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 1)

Good morning, shopping friends! Welcome to August! I hope this month brings you many blessings and also some great shopping bargains. Of course, wise shopping is always on our minds.

This has been the Summer of rain. It rained yesterday and storms are on the agenda for today and the rest of the week. We have flood warnings out. This may interfere with my eye appointment in the city tomorrow as well as my appointment to put on new tires. I also have to pick up an Instant Pot at Kohls from an order placed online. I used Kohls cash plus a gift certificate to get it. The big question is "Will I use it?"

I have started my expenditure spreadsheet for August. The first purchase for today is the billing for Netflix. August will not be an inexpensive month with the new glasses plus new tires. I think PTR will be having a TSV soon and if it is as rumored, I have a feeling it will be coming home to me.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 1)

Hello Ladies, I hope you get out to your eye and tire apts Jean within the next few days.  our weather has been the same but today they added " possible tornado " to our briefing....but not in my area..hopefully it will not materialize anywhere.

I have been under the weather myself with a kidney stone but hopefully it is history and I am starting to feel better.  With all the water I drink daily you would think a stone wouldn't have a chance but....

I have been watching those fires on tv Charleen and so much destruction....I think your area could use some of our rain.

Twinny sounds like you and DH are having a great time out in the PNW.... Have fun at your beach days.

I am not sure what an instant pot does Jean.....is it like a crock pot...you will have to let us know how it does.

Not much else going on here....guess that's a good thing.....Have a nice day everyone.....Marijane.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Sorry about all that rain and chance of flooding.  I do hope you can make your appointments.  I do not know anything about the Instant Pot, so I am curious if you find it useful.  

Sorry to hear about your kidney stone issue, Marijane.  I know that they can be terribly painful.  Glad you are starting to feel better, and hope your weather improves.

Yesterday was busy, but I managed to do a little more de-cluttering. Yes, I am patting myself on the back.  LOL  I am planning to take donations to the thrift store this afternoon (it closes at noon, and the parking lot clears out quite a bit after it closes).  I also am working on cleaning the grout in my bathroom and kitchen floors.  It is a slow job, but really worth the trouble.  

The senior lunch program went well yesterday, and I did okay at the gym.  One man came over and asked me if I used to or are currently running marathons.  That is really funny.  I certainly get a workout on the elliptical machine.  DH was extremely sleepy yesterday afternoon, but I managed to feed him dinner (early).  Several other residents were acting up -- really feel sorry for the caregivers who have to try to keep things safe, etc.

It was pretty hot on my walk this morning, but I made it okay.  I did not get enough sleep last night which didn't help one bit.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Happy August!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Marijane--I do hope the tornado caution is not a reality in the making. Like you, I wish the West Coast could benefit from our rains. Those fires are so devastating, and the other areas with extremely high temps could benefit from them also.

What is an Instant Pot?  It is a pressure cooker that cooks foods up to 70% faster. This is the one QVC is featuring: K48171. The price for that size is excellent. The reviews everywhere this thing is sold are excellent. 

Instant Pot  is the number one selling brand on Amazon.com with one of the highest overall customer ratings.  An Instant Pot Community on Facebook boasts over 1M+ highly engaged members

I had the Kohls cash and the certificate and decided I would see what the hoopla was all about.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Good job on working on the grout. It is a tedious job but one that has to be done. Great job on the donations, as well as continiuing your exerise. I'm happy that you were able to feed DH but sorry that he was still in a sleepy mode. I imagine the caregivers do have a challenge on their hands with some patients. It really takes a very patient person to work with people with challenges.

Honored Contributor

http://quotesideas.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/AUGUST.jpgAnybody want a slice???

https://naptownbuzz.com/inner/2017/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/08/national-raspberry-cream-pie-day-august-1.png

Esteemed Contributor

meallen--Thank you for the great graphics. Yes, the pie looks very yummy.

I finished a Kindle book which is so good that I want to read the next in the series. I certainly make great use of the Kindle Unlimited program.

Trusted Contributor

Hi friends, Jean thanks for getting us started today.  Hard to believe that work will be starting for you soon, though I understand with weather-related school closures during the year, that this early start makes sense.  I'm having bigger expenditures this month as well, though it doesn't include needing new tires, thank goodness.  My new contact lenses have been ordered for $230, and my DD is going in with me on Friday to pick out eyeglass frames.  I'm guess that the eyeglasses might be $600-$750?  I'd rather estimate high than be unpleasantly surprised.  Praying that WV has no flooding!  Marijane - so sorry to hear about the kidney stone.  Hope you're feeling 100% soon.  Thanks for the kind thoughts about our local fire.  it is 90% contained now, which is great.  Linda - what a compliment that someone think you look like a marathon runner!!!  Good for you on making donations and even cleaning the grout (something long overdue in my house.)  meallen - love sunflowers, and even though I've never eaten a raspberry cream pie - I'd probably love that too! 

I had an unpleasant surprise last night when I found out that 3 bills I paid (by check) back on July 6, didn't make it to their destination.  I do not know what happened to the checks, but will watch closely.  In the meantime, I paid the overdue bills online, and one included a late fee.  Bah humbug.  I am NOT the kind of person who pays things late.

I hemmed a top last night while watching tv (a Susan Graver hi-low top, where the back was way too low for my taste.)  I think it turned out pretty well.  Today I transplanted some potted plants and am scanning photos.  I think we will be having breakfast for dinner, as I have some extra eggs that need to be used up.

Waves to our regulars and visitors  ~  Charlene

Esteemed Contributor

Charlene--Sorry about the unpleasant surprises about the paid bills not making it to their destination. For this reason, I pay online for nearly everything  I like the instant confirmation that payment has been received...or at least recognized. Just in case I am in hospital or for some other reason, I have my cards set up to  pull the minimum payment so I don't have an issue with them. Normally, I would pay in full or a major payment but missing a payment does not do your credit report good so I ensure the payment is made.