Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, AUG 8)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a beautiful sunny day, a day I should enjoy as I have my first day of subbing for the school year tomorrow. The Summer has seemed to be non-existant with school getting out late because of making up snow days, etc. plus the not typical Summer weather.

I have those Denim & Co. tops on check status to give myself time to see if I really wanted them. The emphasis is on the word "wanted" as I definitely have more than enough tops.I've decided that I will convert the check status to my card and bring them home.

I need the TSV but I will pass. I'm looking forward to the Halston TSV but unless there is a petite version, it won't work.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.. 

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, AUG 8)

Hello Ladies,thanksfor starting Jean.  it 's another hot one here with " severe" storms later...they never materialized in my area last night but the NYC area got bombarded  with them,flash floods,trees down etc.We could use the rain however.  I was just wondering if you have used that instant pot,think that's what it's called.  I saw something coming up from Emil on the home page of  q soon and it dawned on me about yours....I think you might have bought it at Kohls.  I remember Linda was asking about it too.

Not much else here..... have a nice day everyone...Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Marijane--The more I looked at recipes for use in the Instant Pot, the more I decided I would never use it that much. I took it back to Kohls with no problems and was given a new Kohls cash  coupon to replace the one I had used on the IP. The new Kohls cash doesn't expire untiil Sept. 1 so I have time to figure out a good way to use it.

Bernie hasn't checked in yet, but she has motivated me to assemble an item. I got a new hall tree on which to hang coats or other items. I already have one which I have had for two years. This one will be used elsewhere. It looks more expensive than the price. It took me about 5 minutes to assemble and make sure everything was tight. It is the Crown Mark Hall Tree at Amazon. Right now, I have some  washed SG lustra knit tops air drying on the other rack on my deck.

halltree.JPG

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Glad you have sunny weather.  It is very cloudy here, but the good part is that it is supposed to be cooler (90's rather than 100 plus) and we may have some more much needed rain.  We had some rain yesterday evening, and it was cooler on my walk this morning.

Hope those tops are as pretty as they were on TV.  I don't think I'd like the TSV, so I may avoid ordering something today.  As you say, time will tell.  I have a couple of the faux leather ottomans from Valerie Parr Hill, but no benches so far.  I am using both of the ottomans for convenient storage, and I really like them.  Hope I like the bench as well.

Not to toot my own horn, but I did a little Bernie furniture de-constructing yesterday evening.  I had a couple of chairs that were falling apart, and I had replaced them a couple of weeks ago.  Now to put the pieces in the trash gradually so I don't get in trouble with the trash collection company.  The handyman should be coming this afternoon to put together the table that I ordered.  It turns out that he lives very nearby -- not far from the swimming pool I use most often.  Small world.

DH was not good again yesterday, and I really struggled to get him to eat anything at all.  The caregivers told me that he said no, and even put up his arm in a "stop" motion (like a traffic police officer) once.  So, my guess is that he is at least somewhat aware of what he is doing.  All this resulted in a night with not much sleep, but I am doing better than the other day.  

According to the main caregiver, the hospice caregiver did not come nearly as early as was reported to me, and she is firm in denying leaving the door open or ajar.  I don't think they really know what happened, but the other resident was not back to the facility yet.  Apparently, she did not fall in the parking lot, but she was complaining a lot about stomach pain.  She does this often, and I am wondering if there is some sort of stomach issue as well as her other problems.  I really feel sorry for her.  

I'm off to visit DH soon, and I am still going through papers from the desk that I have decided should go.  I guess I had a somewhat similar situation as Bernie.  We have a two bedroom house, and DH used one of the bedrooms for his office.  I had put a small desk in the Arizona room for me, but now that he is no longer living in the house, I have taken over his office and made it into a combination office and guest room.  No need for a second desk.  Sorry for the long story.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- hope you don't have any severe storms, Marijane.  I was wondering about that pot as well.  Not too surprised that you returned it, Jean.  The more I thought about it, the more that I thought I wouldn't use it much.  I have a "hat rack" from Amazon -- different style, but nice that I got for DH when he was having trouble hanging things up.  Turns out that I use it all the time.  Glad you were able to get your new one assembled quickly.

Trusted Contributor

ok Jean and Bernie...thanks for the answer on the instant pot.  I don't think I would ever use one either.....heck....I still don't own a crock pot...I know many of you ladies here do. some day.......I will!!.  I was just thinking Linda if a door was ajar at your husbands facility wouldn't an alarm go off...just thinking in cars if a door is not closed all the way usually an alarm keeps ringing etc.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--I do hope your visit with DH goes well. As to the Instant Pot, I think some people are really into cooking gadgets and ways to prepare things. For a single person, I just decided what I liked could be prepared the way I normally did.  I really like that hall tree. It has six arms and can hold heavy loads as proven by the other one.

Marijane--I wondered about an alarm on the door also that would sound if opened by someone and not closed within an appropriate time. I'm with you on the Crockpot. I only use mine to prepare a rare roast, so that gives an indication that if I didn't use a crockpot much then I didn't need an Instant Pot no matter how much people told me that they had one and loved it.

I liked that SG clearance top until I read the reviews.

Trusted Contributor

Oops I just noticed I said Jean and Bernie... about the instant pot...I meant Linda....I have Bernie on my mind I guess awaiting to hear what she has done today!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm off to the Post Office to get mail. I see that my PTR TSV is there. Now, that is fast shipping as it was shipped on 8/6.

Denim & Co. at $48+. I  know it is an upper end line but please don't forget those of us who are on fixed retirement.

Esteemed Contributor

The lawn person just left and I made an appointment for my car to be detailed in the city when I am there for a doctor's appointment. I just love seeing  the money go out; I also love seeing it come in. Of the two, some expenditures are justified; the car detailing is a "want" as I'm getting it prepared for Winter with a special coating that is guaranteed for 18 months.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello, wow this thread is jumping today Woman Very Happy

Jean @KonaKat  I don't know why I feel so bad that you have to go to work tomorrow, but I do Woman Indifferent

Before you ordered the Instant Pop, didn't you buy an air fryer?  I was wondering if the air fryer was all that it's claimed to be.

You did a great job on the hall tree - it's a nice looking item.

The Q set a lanspeed record getting the PTR TSV to you.

Winterizing your car's finish is a great investment.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise