Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME(WEDNESDAY, AUG 26)

[ Edited ]

Good morning, shopping friends.It is a day off from work so it is an opportunity to relax. Right now, I'm having another coffee infusion hile watching the Liz Claiborne show. I don't see any purchases from it in my near future, however.

I was very tempted last night when the new Dennis Basso faux fur throw was presented. I love those but I talked myself out of it as right now, the ones I have work very well.

I did just check my order status and see that UPS delivered my Susan Graver reversible coat to the post office yesterday. I guess I'll have to get out of my lazy stay at home mode and go to town sometime today and get it as I work the next two days.

I just heard Mary Beth say that if you got a Q Card that you get 3 easy payments on Q purchases. No, I don't think so. I'll use the card I pay in full each month and get cash back or apply to statement.

I just noticed that the site says I've been a member since 2010. Sorry, but I've been here much longer but it doesn't make any difference. I'm one of those who transitioned to the Q from CVN. I've been on the forums for years.

The heart monitoring thing is doing its job. So far today, I have caught it transmitting two times. This is a slightly more advanced system than the one I last used. I didn't see it in the book that came with the last one I used in December, but this one says that they will send you a copy of all the reports at the end if you will email and request them. I will be getting them as I like to keep copies of things like this.

I don't think I'll be getting the TSV. Now, if the Q would offer one of those food replicators like seen on Star Trek, I might order. Can you imagine wanting your favorite hard to prepare entree but having the gadget produce it for you instantly?

The weather is very Fall-like, so I hope that this doesn't mean that we will have another bad Winter. I can deal with the cold; I just don't want bigger than normal snow.  In the meantime, I will appreciate very much the weather we are having as it will end at some point.

It is hard to believe that students have already been in school two weeks. Time is really flying. I work the next two days so this is a busy work week for me.

It is so shocking to see a news reporter and photographer shot and killed while on air. No one knows what awaits them in today's society.

I wish each of our posters and readers a very good day. Focus upon the positives! If you shop, shop wisely one day at a time!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME(WEDNESDAY, AUG 26)

Good morning Jean and all who follow!  I have been enjoying my shopping expeditions, and last night ordered my little bluetooth speaker so I can listen to my music in and out of the rv, and some jeans for DH because he is so picky and I found the one acceptable pair online.  All delivering to the house so I am hopeful they will all come in.

I walked a couple miles this morning with the dog, who does not seem to enjoy our walks, and when I get my shower I will head out and do a couple more in air conditioning.  I have a dozen things on my list to  buy, all insignificant but necessary.  I plan on having lunch with DH and then on to Ikea for my purple rug.

Jean I'm glad the heart monitor is doing what it is supposed to - and even better that it is a new improved version for the best accurate results!  My friend in MN posted frost on the windsheild and it sounds so lovely to me.  I remember those crisp fall mornings and loved them!

Esteemed Contributor

Kathleen--Your new journey will be an exciting one, and any new journey will have its frustrations at times....including the dog who doesn't enjoy the morning walks. I know the move will require new purchases and adjustments, all of which you will do well. Enjoy the morning walks, especially the ones in AC.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Jean, when is your next trip planned?  Kelly, my SD in Vegas, just got her first teaching job.  She is special ed and specializes in autistic kiddos.  I'm so happy for her and hope she enjoys the children as much as you do.

I was happy I didn't have to drag Kyanne along.  We took her ball but it is the ball that she doesn't want to give back.  I brought her new soccer ball but it is not as soft as the old one and I don't think she fancies it much.

DD is driving through New Mexico after spending 2 nights with a friend on the border.  She sounds very bored but says she will be in Cali tonight.  Off to see what kind of damage I can do to the pocketbook!

Honored Contributor

Good morning ladies, hope all are enjoying the day. Thanks for getting us started KK. Glad you are relaxing this morning, since you have most of the week to work. Hope you like your new SG item when you get it home. I like that you can get copies of all the reports the heart monitor sends across, that could be important at some point, I too like to have all the information regarding me. I agree with you re easy pay. I don't use it. If I can't pay for it in the month I buy it, I don't need it. Can't imagine paying several months for a top, etc. I would love a "food replicator", lol. I like cooking, sometimes, but not every day.

RC, yes, each move does require some purchases to get your home how you want it. Sorry the dog doesn't seem to like the morning walks, maybe that will change once he gets used to the new area? Enjoy lunch with DH.

Well, I have another migraine this morning, don't know whats up with that, but it is subsiding now, so should soon be gone. I did mow about half the yard yesterday evening, our rider had a problem with the deck, ordered the part for that and hubby took that apart and replaced, and now...the darned thing won't start, no clue why not. Anyway, the grass was getting tall and thick, so can't wait any longer if I want to be able to push the mower through, but it was hard to do, I had to stop quite a few times to rest my back while mowing. Will try once the dew is dried to do some more. The problem is that our yard is all on an incline so it is difficult to mow. Have pulled some homemade chicken soup out of the freezer which will serve as out dinner tonight. Not feeling like cooking tonight, could use thereplicator today, for sure, lol. Hope everyone has a great day. Waves to all.

"To each their own, in all things".
Trusted Contributor

Good morning everyone - Jean - I want one of those Star Trek food preparers too!!!  I hope I don't do any shopping today.  I was good yesterday so I'm on a 3 day streak - woot!

I have to go to the dentist today and start the process of having a crown replaced.  Yuck and double yuck.  I will feel sorry for myself afterwards and probably not do much today.  Kind-of a sick day from work, so to speak.

Hope you're all doing well Smiley Happy   ~   Charlene

Trusted Contributor

Snicks - we must have been posting at the same time.  So sorry for the migraine, hope it goes away soon, and sorry about the lawn mowing chores and challenges.  Hope the rest of your day is better than the beginning! 

Honored Contributor

cerb, thanks, I'm sure I will be fine, just gotta let this pass. Hope your dentist visit is relatively painless. I finally got the bill from when I had one tooth extracted, $193.00, I find that outrageous since it only took about2 minutes once I was numb. Insurance only paid about 80.00. Guess I need to pay the balance today.
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Kathleen--It is great that your SD has such a wonderful job, one so much in need. DD is well on her way to San Diego and I know you are proud of her accomplishments, as well as her future ones. Enjoy doing damage to the financial bottom line but then some expenditures are very justified; it is a part of real life and the changes involved.

Snicks--Sorry about the migraine Perhaps it is a reaction to all the work, plus humidity, etc. Inclines and tall banks really permit a challenge when it comes to cutting grass.

Charlene--Ouch on the visit to the dentist. I do hope the crown replacement goes well. After a procedure like that, you are entitled to take the day easy.

I  see some Progresso Light soup in my future for lunch followed by Kindle time and cuddling with my favorite black cat.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Good idea to take advantage of your day off this week.  Hope the heart monitor works well and you like your new SG coat.  the murder of those two journalists is shocking and very sad.

Hi Kathleen -- adjusting to a new place/area always has its challenges.  Glad the new vet worked out, and you will be having lunch with your DH.  Hope your DD enjoys her time in CA, and good for you keeping up with your exercise. 

Hope your migraine goes away and you can get that yard work done, snicks.  I used to suffer badly from migraines, but knock wood, I haven't had a bad one in several years.  Sorry about that higher than expected dentist bill.

Good luck at the dentist, Charlene.  Good idea to plan some quiet/rest time after that visit.

Waves to Arlene, Marijane, twinny, LindaR, Susan, Barbara, Karen, Rosa, pinky ann, Gayle, and all of our posters and readers.

My handyman is installing four grab bars at this moment -- two for each bathroom.  And, then he will be installing the new shower head.  I'll be happy when this job is done.

Yesterday was even busier than expected since DH wanted to go for a second walk after we went to the gym.  I was tired, but I didn't want to discourage him, so out we went.  We had some rain yesterday, and the bugs (flying ants?) were out in force this morning.  One flew into DH's mouth, but he was able to spit it out.  Yuck!

DD sent an e-mail saying that second DGS' books for this semester of community college cost more than $500 -- yikes to that.  I had taken money out of his college plan to pay for school and books, but I didn't think the books would be that expensive.

I had to chuckle about Jean's comments about my exercise helping me with the nice luncheons I have.  My lunch at the senior lunch program is meager at best since I need to do a lot of cleaning up, prep work, serving, and cleaning before I quickly eat a bit of salad.  But, I think sacrificing a decent lunch once a week to help others.  Not like I'll starve or anything.  One of the regulars turns 97 today -- he seems pretty healthy and with it for his age.

I'm not an easy pay fan at all, but I did use it for my Vitamix last summer.  That purchased reinforced my dislike of the program.  I like to take the bandage off all at once.  LOL

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda