Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, APRIL 26)

Hi Everyone!

Our cool weather with clouds continues. We had a few more bursts of hail yesterday and ovenight. So far, the plants that are outside seem to be dealing with the quick changes. I have two more plants waiting in the garage for better weather. Not sure how much longer they will be able to stay there. 

It looks like I'll be on bathroom sink drain duty today. I think the older plumbing just doesn't like my facial scrub. It dissolves in water but I'm wondering if maybe I should be running some hot water after  I'm done. 

I ordered a pair of Sport Savvy bermuda shorts for our DIL for Mother's Day. They were on clearance so I have fingers crossed that they will fit.

The simple human soap dispenser stopped working on Monday. It's fully charged but will not light or dispense the soap. UGH!! I've had it past the warranty so I can't complain. I still thought I'd take one more try at seeing if I  could get it to work. I scrubbed it inside and out and used a toothbrush to clean around the sensor and dispenser nozzel. I may try to charge it again and see if it takes another charge or flashes a light.  Disappointing but at least it lasted past the warranty.

I have been counting days for the Chewy order for the allergy pills for Ada. They are on auto ship but haven't arrived. I finally got someone at CS and ended up with making her pills a seperate auto delivery because of refill date. The other medication will remain on the original date. I thought it would refill according to the vet's instructions or quantity or authorized refills but it reverted to your auto ship frequency.  Good to know. Crossing my fingers the pills arrive in time so we don't miss too many days. It's not too bad for her allergies yet so she'll be fine. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, APRIL 26)

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Fressa.  Glad your outdoor plants are okay and hope you are able to plant the others soon.

Also hope you are successful with the bathroom sink drain and the soap dispenser.  One of my plumbers recommended pouring very hot (like boiling) water down the drains to keep them clear.  Since I usually make hot tea at least once a day, I have been filling the tea kettle with extra water, and then taking it to the bathroom sinks.  Not sure if that is really what did the trick, but so far the drains have been okay (not draining slowly). 

Hope you get Ada's medication soon.

On FB, Barbara said "The Celebration of Life for my sweet V... was everything I wanted. The venue was beautiful overlooking woods and the golf course. It uplifting to see family and friends from our old neighborhood. The food was very delicious."  I am glad the MN celebration of her husband's life went so well.

I called my Saturday hospice patient this morning, and she is not doing well.  Hope she will be well enough so that I can visit on Saturday. 

Looks like several of our "winter visitors" have left -- at least the grocery stores and parking lots were less crowded today.  One store had several 99 cent produce bargains, and I was happy to get some things like blueberries and zucchini for such a low price.  Gasoline seems to be holding steady for the moment -- $3.79 a gallon.

I plan to do some more filing at the hospice office this afternoon before I go to my late afternoon hair appointment.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Sleep well everyone.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte--Thanks for the info on Barbara's V's Celebration of Life. I'm happy that the event went well for her. 

Good buy on the produce sale. I always feel like I won the lottery when I can have a full drawer of produce and fruit. 

I may try your hot water remedy. We have older plumbing so I'm always so nervous about the drains. We checked our sports cameras and saw a straner with a utiltiy vest on checking out our patio. It looked like he was from the gas company and had that measure wheel tool. The last time I saw that they dug up our line to move it and the meter. ($6000.00) I sure hope we don't have another surprise. 

Your gas is pricing close to our's. We alternate filling up the cars and driving the cars to avoid needing gas for both cars. I try to have "cash points" from the grocery store for the hubby's car to use toward the gas. That one is driven more. What a juggling act.

Hope your Hospice patient is doing better.

Honored Contributor

The 1 800 Got Junk appointment was a breeze yesterday morning.  One of the crew members told me that I looked familiar as did my basement.  Then he asked me if I had a freezer with a safe inside.  All I could do was laugh; apparently he was among the crew that took care of that mess in 2018.

The rates were bad for the china cabinet and treadmill.  I thought the rate for the concrete was a little high for what they were taking however I don't see having to call them for another 5 to 10 years so I paid it.

My little basement looks roomy and I am free of bricks and concrete items.  It was nice to see the sunshine hang around all day today.  It's been cooler and so dreary lately. 

My duck couple came back on Wednesday morning.  It was good to see them as long as they don't bring a ton of friends.  Some days it's like I live in a Disney movie. Heart

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  This house is 50 years old, so the plumber told me not to use any harsh chemicals for slow drain issues, Fressa.  As I mentioned, so far so good.  Hope it works for you if you try it.

Glad you were able to get rid of the "junk", Bernie.  Sorry the rates were high.  DD told me that she thought the rates were pretty high as well, but sometimes you just have to pay to get rid of stuff.

It started off cool when I took my morning walk, but made it up to 89 degrees or so this afternoon.  The ladies lunch group went out to the local VFW, and the food was good and very reasonable.  I left a big tip since they do good work.  Nice conversations with several ladies.  After lunch, I delivered hospice supplies and then went to the gym.  One man told me that if I needed to run to catch a bus, I would be able to do so.  Pretty funny.  

I finally finished the community newsletter and sent it off for review. 

Waves to Fressa, Bernie, Susan, Desert Lily, and all of our posters and readers.

Sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just noticed a typo in my post from yesterday.  The rates were NOT bad for the china cabinet and treadmill.  It was the concrete/construction rate that I thought was a little high.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Glad to hear it.

Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama---The last time we  had "junk guys" it was for yard and tree waste that the hubby bagged from one of those nasty storms. We must have had 30 plus bags.They gave us a rate before they starated the work and then when it was finished it was 50% higher. Thre were two guys and I could see the surprise look on the younger one's face. We paid it because I just wanted it gone. Now there's about six different companies that offer this type of service plus the garbage company picks up a few more items.  

It's nice to have it done and gone. Enjoy your extra space.

Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte-- I'll have to try that method. Our place is 60 years old. I know the one plumber told me to put a bucket of hot water with a few drops of Dawn (blue) down the drain (in the furnace room )once a month or whenever I didn't see the water level. 

Glad your ladies lunch went well and the food was good.What a relief to finish the newsletter. Those projects have more time invested in them than you realize.