Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, APRIL 20)

Hi Everyone!

I try to post yesterday but my computer was having some issues. After tI finished the post it had some strange message and appear to have the message posted. WRONG...I had done some on line banking so I checked those transactions this morning and they appear to have posted. Fingers crossed.

Today is sunny and cool but no rain,snow or wind. The wind has been so strong at night that it has blown apart the wrought iron suet cake bird feeder. Our mystery is that some critter has carried off the suet cake to have dinner and leaves bits of it in a different part of the yard each morning.I'm letting it  empty until we are over the night time wind storms. I'm betting it's the possum but who knows. 

PALady--I had the esact opposite with the stove change with my moves. I always cooked on gas and then moved into homes that had electric. Now I have induction. From my experience I learned that gas is hot instantly and cools quickly when you turn it off. electric is slower to heat and cool when turned off. Induction seems to be instant on or off. I prefer the gas but not the heat from the stove/oven in the hot weather. I have to admit that the induction i s a dream for our meals. Good luck!

LindaLatte---Thanks for the update on Bev. I wll keep her in my prayers as well as Barbara and all others in need. 

That was disappointing with the attendance with the caregivers lunch. It does sound like they have a plan to get the word out to multiple areas. I don't know where you find the energy for so much volunteer work. 

I did watch ITKWM this morning while I was fluffing clothes and folding laundry. I saw part of the KG program. I sure like quite a few of her items but the prices tip in my uncomfortable zone. It's a nice variety of window shopping. 

I finally spent my  Amazon gift card today on a Dash dog buscuit maker--mini size. I've looked at these for years. I have a single use Dash air fryer so I like the Brand. Iohls, QVC and HSN have the same model. Since the last order for our dogs was delayed I thought I better have a back up emergency plan for their treats. It comes with a small recipe book. Our DIL use to make homemade dog buscuits every holiday. She's been posting lots of recipes so I'm pleased she's enjoying finding some new items to cook/bake regardless if you have 2 legs or 4. 

I saw a promo for MaryBeth's 35th anniversary at QVC!! I always enjoy her presentations---gives all the info and shows the details. So easy to listen to. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, APRIL 20)

Looks like you and I posted about the same time, Fressa.  Hope you have fun making the dog biscuits, and your dogs really enjoy them.  Like you, I am a fan of MaryBeth.  I met her in person many years ago when QVC had their 50 in 50 tours.  MIght have been 1995.  I agree with you about KG clothing -- nice, but pricey in my opinion.  Of course, I already have too many clothes, so no need to add more.

Here is what I had posted --

Good Afternoon!  Hope everyone is having a nice Wednesday.  The weather was nice on my walk this morning (not too hot).  We are expecting a high of 90 degrees and sunny today.  They are predicting strong winds and cooler temperatures (below rather than above normal) on Friday and Saturday. 

The volunteer coordinator made another error with the mailings (not enough postage), so I went back today to get the postage and take them to the Post Office.  He is certainly having trouble getting into the swing of things, and my patience is being tested. 

In addition to the trials of getting the house ready for sale, DD has had some car troubles -- first needing four new tires, and then having trouble opening the back hatch, etc..  Also, one of their dogs couldn't urinate.  She will take the car back in to the garage when she can.  Fortunately, the little dog seems to be much better after going to the vets yesterday.  Interestingly enough, the vet said that he thought her problem was due to her not urinating, eating, or drinking at "doggy day care".  The dogs had been staying longer than usual lately so that they would not be in the way of the workers.  Anyway, I'm certainly glad she is better.  

No TSV for me today, and I haven't seen anything of interest in the product review.  Should be a quiet day for me. 

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Fressa - Thank you for starting us today.  We are having much better weather today, sunny and no rain!  It is a little cool, but I will take this.

Yes, cooking with gas will be a bit of a challenge for awhile.  I have to remember not to walk away from the stove.  

I have been looking for a clothes hamper and am having a heck of a time finding one.  Our old house has a clothes shoot to the basement and I never need a hamper.  Now I need one and can not find a nice one.  All the ones I have seen are cheap plastic.  I have been trying to buy local for everything, but may have to order one from someplace.  

I need to get the dog fed and UPS is here.  Have a good evening everyone.

Honored Contributor

Hey Fressa @Fressa   I had a bit of trouble over the past few days logging in.  My email and password were correct but the Q acted like it didn't know me.  

Coulda been the possum or maybe raccoon.  Both are good with their hands as far as figuring out the suet holder.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hi Linda @LindaLatte I feel for the coordinator when it comes to figuring out the postage.  I support an artist named Troy Gua (he's someone who is significant in the Prince community).  I subscribe to Troy's Club LPP Patreon and once a month Troy sends out an art card which is a bit heavier (I guess) than a run of the mill card.  When postage was stable we never had problems.  When postage rates or let's face it the post office itself got a little crazy starting in 2020 there were a couple of times that the post office delivered my art card to me with a 5 cents due notice.  It's only gonna get worse because postage is supposed to start increasing on a regular basis.

Honored Contributor

Susan @PAlady  the only time I've ever worked with an electric stove was when I rented a flat (they called it a townhouse or something else fancier than necessary).  

Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte---It does seem that dogs systems can get in a state when the routine changes. I know that's the way it is with ours. I'm glad they are starting to feel better. 

It sounds like you have your hands full until the volunteer cooridinator adjusts to it all.  I will cross my fingers that it comes together sooner than later. 

Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama---I ruled out the groundhog families because they never stray from the side yard next to the woods and frankly are too chubby to climb. I saw a possum running around the yards during the day so he's got more than one issue. I sure hope it's not a raccoon. We had enough problems with them and the chimney caps to last us for years.  

Esteemed Contributor

PALady---I had a laundry shoot in my townhouse and loved it! In past years I have had good luck with finding hampers at Bed & Bath or some of the other home stores. I'm also a big fan of large baskets which seem to be more budget friendly. Good luck with your search.

Esteemed Contributor

Just to clarify, the volunteer coordinator didn't supply the extra postage required for some mailings that had many attachments. He forgot that it was needed.  Hospice uses Stamps.com (I think), and that company provides the correct postage at a discount.  If rates go up, they automatically increase the stamp values.  Don't know if your artist friend could use them, but hospice is very satisfied, Bernie.