Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, APRIL, 14)

Good Afternoon/Evening!  I saw that Fressa and Susan posted today, but on yesterday's thread, so I have copied their posts below.

LindaLatte--- My exhusband was audited five years in a row. I think that's the limit. We both had our taxes done by different cpas. His were always a problem because of the weekend home property losses. I guess the IRS couldn't believe anyone could get in such a bad real estate situation. It finally settled down after he retained a different cpa for the following years. 

Our cpa always encloses a letter with "things to watch for' in the current filing.Charity deductions was on the list. I'm think they lowered the limit for the deduction on that category as well as medical and insurance. Honesty, it was a covid year and you think we all could get a break with taxes. (rant over) I always repeat to our cpa to make sure we are under any limit because I don't want to experience an audit ....again. 

Does the IRS conduct random audits anymore? That may be it. You should be fine with all of your receipts. The cpa will handle it. It may just be an amount that needs clarification or some minor detail. Try not to fret. I'll cross my fingers for a quick resolve.

-------------------

From Susan -- 

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Fressa - Thank you for starting us today.  I like your assortment of wildlife.  We have a fenced in backyard so we don't get to see the deer like the neighbors do.  Oh, don't worry the ground hogs find our garden though.  Glad you go to stock up on your dog's toys.  I have toys for my dog, but she will only play with a tennis ball.  She does not like a squeaker in a toy.

Linda - When my DH worked, we go audited every year.  Do not know why.  After he retired, we never got audited.  We have had an accountant do our taxes since we got married.  It was just so much easier.  

Bernie - I just finished a box of plain, blueberry pop tarts.  I don't buy them very oftern because I am the only person who eats them.  Trust me, they don't last long around here.  

Not much happening around here, I need to start cleaning again.  I have has something to do every day for a while.  When I clean I like to have the whole day open ( I know I am weird).  We had to go buy new covers for the outside furniture.  Last summer we put the covers away damp and they were moldy when we got them out in the fall.  We rinsed them off and used them but we bought new ones for this fall.

The other day I started the thread and went back to it later, I couldn't find it - here I put in the Handags Thread.  Guess I wasn't awake that day.

Hope everyone has a great afternoon.

-------------------------

I have not heard anything from the CPA yet, but I expect it will take a while for them to go over the documents.  I am comforted knowing they are taking care of things.  I have heard that the IRS isn't doing many audits these days since they are understaffed and overworked.  But, I don't know about the Arizona tax people. 

My accountants and Turbo Tax have always said that there was a low probability of an audit, and I guess I just took their word for it.  Anyway, I'm trying to put that out of my mind.

Nothing exciting going on here except for my audiologist appointment (check-up for my hearing aids).  I have had some issues with one of them saying "battery" late in the day a few times.  Really weird since I don't put in batteries -- just into a charger overnight.  Anyway, he suspects the charger is bad, and gave me a new one to try.

I was surprised to receive an incorrect order from Amazon -- that is they sent the wrong item -- close, but not what I ordered.  I thought perhaps I had messed up, but that was not the case.  Thankfully, their return process is far easier than the one here.  I still have not received confirmation that they have received the sandals I returned two and one half weeks ago.  The same thing happened with my previous return.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, APRIL, 14)

Thank you Linda, as you can tell I just do not pay attention sometimes.