Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, APR 29)

[ Edited ]

Greeetings, shopping friends. I was up at 5am to put the trash out for Waste Management. I then fixed breakfast and watched the news. The Governor will speak at 5:30pm. New data will be in by that time to determine if doctors and hospitals can begin opening for elective procedures. We have two of the three consecutive days of less than 3% positive tests completed, so today is the day we are anxiously awaiting results. Even as businesses begin to open, we still have to practice social distancing and wear masks, etc.

I am surprised the Q hasn't got into the current trend of offering cute and fashionable masks, such as are being offered on FB. If it has, I have missed their being offered. 

I have my Lug ready to go back to the Post Office today. I wasn't fond of the red bag, and I love red bags if the right shade. Mine leaned toward the organge side. Add to that, the reality that the bag arrived with the "quality" shipping bag torn as was the wrap around the bag which exposed the Lug bag to open air. The shipping label, etc. was taped to the torn bag. How do I know who handled that Lug bag as it made its way through the system of shipping?

I have my break completed and another cup of coffee downed. I guess it s time to do the adult thing and clean part of the house.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely....and be safe. I live in one of the white counties in the image, so we have had no residents to test positive yet. People around here have been very good at following the guidelines.

WV429.jpg

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, APR 29)

Hi Everyone!

I have my fingers crossed today to get groceries. More rain in the forecast and high pollen counts. It's that season. I'm happy if the rain just stops and starts instead of a steady downpour with thunder and lightning.

I still have the plants in the garage and not in the ground.....yet. Soon...I hope. The temps overnight have been right above freezing so I hesitated to risk it. I still have some repair work for the garden fencing and would love to have a few days of "decent" weather to tackle that first before weeding and planting. I may have to revise my plan if Mother Nature has a differentschedule. ha ha!!!

I spent part of yesterday afternoon organizing my wreathing supplies in the work room with the storage totes I found on clearance.  It was one of those projects that you think is only going to take an hour but turns into more. LOL They worked well and I was kicking myself that I didn't purchase 2 more sets. I also tidied up the donation box. One mini project checked off the list. YIPPEE!!!!

I did see two clothing items on the new arrivals listing that caught my eye. I got as far as putting them on my save list. I need to check out the pj drawer and see what really should be "retired" from rotation. LOL  I think that finding a good set of pajamas is a "quest".  There doesn't seem to be much out there with an afforadable price that washes well. At least, that's been my experience the last few years.

Our state is another on the list to ease up some of the restrictions. I have my fingers crossed for these businesses. I think masks and safe spacing is fine as long as their open for business. I still think there is quite a bit of  mixed information on all of this. I find that's where I get nervous about how to keep safe but do what  I need to do. 

Stay safe & comfy. Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Jean,  It sounds like you got an early start to your day.  I am also surprised that the Q isn't selling face masks.  It also looks like your county is doing well with the  corona virus.  Our county has 11 positive cases, 9 recoveries and no deaths.  We will be wearing a mask & self distancing until we feel that it's safe enough to go without, which will be quite a while yet.  

Yesterday started out with fog, then sunshine followed by a brief shower.

Since it was my DH'S birthday yesterday, I told him that he had to get up at 7:00 a.m not his usual 8:30 rise and shine time.  Our radio station announces birthdays each morning at 7:15 & I requested that they play "What a Difference You've Made in My Life" by Ronnie Milsap.  We danced around the living room and acted like a couple of teenagers.  It was so much fun.

We left the house a short time later because I wanted to get a bunch of helium balloons to decorate the front porch.  I had no idea that helium was in short supply.  After going masked into 5 different places, my mission was accomplished.  Then I found a 6 pkg of fancy birthday cupcakes on sale for $1.99.  Not in our diet, but for a special day, it was a good treat.

Then I set up the driveway with a 6' distance for my bf and her dh.  I ordered a carry out meal from our favorite Italian restaurant,  my bf called their order in & after getting back home separately, we had a wonderful time.  We  hadn't been together since March 7th. 

While we were enjoying our lunch,  5 different dog walking  couples came by & wished my DH a Happy Birthday. We didn't know any of them, so it was extra nice.  Several cars passed by & honked their horns.  Even the UPS  driver honked at us.  Our neighbors were all working except the older couple across the street and they waved out the window at us.  All in all my DH had a great day.

My DH just got back from his walk & I am recuperating from yesterday.  It's a lot of hard work doing the self distancing & hand sanitizing etc.  

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

@Fressa wrote:

Hi Everyone!

I have my fingers crossed today to get groceries. More rain in the forecast and high pollen counts. It's that season. I'm happy if the rain just stops and starts instead of a steady downpour with thunder and lightning.

I still have the plants in the garage and not in the ground.....yet. Soon...I hope. The temps overnight have been right above freezing so I hesitated to risk it. I still have some repair work for the garden fencing and would love to have a few days of "decent" weather to tackle that first before weeding and planting. I may have to revise my plan if Mother Nature has a differentschedule. ha ha!!!

I spent part of yesterday afternoon organizing my wreathing supplies in the work room with the storage totes I found on clearance.  It was one of those projects that you think is only going to take an hour but turns into more. LOL They worked well and I was kicking myself that I didn't purchase 2 more sets. I also tidied up the donation box. One mini project checked off the list. YIPPEE!!!!

I did see two clothing items on the new arrivals listing that caught my eye. I got as far as putting them on my save list. I need to check out the pj drawer and see what really should be "retired" from rotation. LOL  I think that finding a good set of pajamas is a "quest".  There doesn't seem to be much out there with an afforadable price that washes well. At least, that's been my experience the last few years.

Our state is another on the list to ease up some of the restrictions. I have my fingers crossed for these businesses. I think masks and safe spacing is fine as long as their open for business. I still think there is quite a bit of  mixed information on all of this. I find that's where I get nervous about how to keep safe but do what  I need to do. 

Stay safe & comfy. Have a good afternoon/evening.

Fressa, we are supposed to get rain today and then 4 days of 🌞🌞🌞.  Mild temps too so that's a +.  My only plants will be 6 🍅🍅🍅 & it's way too early to buy or plant them before Memorial Day.  Since we went to several stores yesterday  we will not be venturing out until next week.  Even mini projects are an accomplishment to cross off your to do list.  Our Gov has extended the deadline until the Tuesday after Memorial Day.  I am fine with wearing a mask self distancing.  

Esteemed Contributor

Fressa--I do hope the weather improves to the point you feel safe putting out the plants. Repairing the fencing would require consecutive days of good weather, so I do hope it materializes for you.

Twinny--I am with you on wearing the masks and social distancing.In fact, that is part of each one of those phases in which the state gradually reopens. It sounds as if DH had a wonderful birthday!

Well, it didn't take long for the orthopedic surgeon to take advantage of scheduliing elective surgeries. His nurse just called with an appointment with him on May 12 with rotator cuff surgery on May 27.  That gives me three to four weeks to get things organized for living with the use of one arm while the other recovers.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  That was fast work by your orthopedic surgeon.  Hope your surgery goes very well, and it really helps you.  Did you receive the button-front blouses yet?  Despite not having any immediate need, I ordered one via eBay.  Amazon was selling the same blouse for a slightly higher price, and the vendor offered refunds.  Hope it fits okay.  That is great about your county.  

I am pretty sure there are a lot more residents in this county, and there have been more than 1,200 positive cases and 80 deaths.  Ten percent of the tests have been positive in the county.  That isn't great, but more upsetting personally is that four out of the five positive patients in the facility where DH lived for two years have died.  Three had already been on hospice before the diagnosis, so it isn't surprising that they passed, and perhaps it had nothing to do with the virus, but.....  Another very upscale assisted living facility reported that nearly half of the 27 patients have tested positive for the virus.  

Happy you got so much work done, Fressa.  Good luck with your gardening and other household projects.

Sounds like your DH had a gala birthday, Glenda.  Hope you can recover today after all that activity yesterday.  Our local paper had an article about the birthday parade for my 100 year old neighbor.  It turns out that the people with her were her caregivers -- none of her family (who live in various spots in the U.S. and overseas) were able to visit.  That makes me even happier that we had the parade for her.

Another very quiet day here, and I took my longish walk earlier.  They are predicting a high of 99 degrees today and even hotter tomorrow.  It is unusually hot for this time of the year -- normal highs in the 80's.  Really wish it was safe to have the pools open. 

I ran into one of my gym friends and his dog this morning -- he said he is really missing the gym (I think he went every day or at least six days a week), and has put on five pounds from overeating and under exercising.  Fortunately, he was a pretty thin guy, but I think many of us are eating differently (and perhaps more or different foods) due to the boredom/isolation.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day and stays safe.

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello Ladies, that was fast work for your upcoming surgery Jean.....I m sure you will,be glad to have it over with and have all summer to recuperate

Happy Birthday to your DH Twinny ,sounds ,Ike he had a nice despite everything going on.

Fressa sound like you are getting a lot of garden work done.....I wait till after Memorial Day.....then I know it's pretty safe to plant in my area.

Linda we have about 335 residents in my town with the virus,keeping pretty steady ,with about 27;000 state wide.  our town did open a few public places,beaches,park but you need a town sticker on your windshield to park...my DH gets them at the start of every new year for our cars.    I bet if people like that neighbor is used to going to the gym they sure do miss it.  That was great parade the caregivers had for your neighbor Linda....too bad her family could not be there.

I had gone out to the supermarket this morning.....still not crowded.....some aisles I went down I was the only person ..other there were maybe two other  people.  the meat was pretty well stocked....but I notice a lot more items missing than my trip from last week.  I kept thinking of the post Bernie and Jean posted about ice cream yesterday......I haven't bought any in months but after reading their comments I wanted some.  The ice cream aisle wasn't too bad so I picked up some!  Still no other frozen items,veggies,and other frozen foods.....I don't think they were ever re  stocked since March.

Today isn't as nice as yesterday,no sun, but so far no rain either.     Keep safe.....Marijane

Honored Contributor

QVC is selling disposable face masks

https://www.qvc.com/Set-of-50-Disposable-Face-Masks-for-Personal-Use.product.V37380.html?sc=SRCH

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I think Michigan's positive case count is 16% or 17%.  I know our fatality rate is 9%.  None of Michigan's numbers are good.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise