Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, APR 15)

Gretings, shopping friends. It is a sunny but cold day. I got my stimulus payment today, a good way to greet the day. 

The lawn person will be here this afternoon to do the lawn. I will leave his payment in an envelope under a flowerpot on the deck. He has been told where to find it.

I was reviewing my MRI results and reading up on the worst case scenarios for treating the rotator cuff tears. I'm getting tired of waitig for an appointment as the nurse added me to the orthopedic's list to be seen after the virus crisis is over. Despite that, I have a cardiology appointment on Monday which is being conducted in the regular fashion. 

I haven't been watching the Q much except for a brief look at the TSV. I cut about $30 worth of items from my WalMart shopping list in hopes that I still have enough on hand plus the pending order to last me almost a month if needed. I'm interested in seeing how this works out. One person told me their order went well with few substitutions; another said they had to go in the store for most of what they needed. I shopped what I thought would be easily available but what I would eat or use.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, APR 15)

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Glad you got your stimulus payment.  It was in the 40's when I got up this morning, but should make it to the upper 70's later today, and it is sunny.  I am trying to take in all the beauty when I take my walk.  It is easy for me to become distracted with other things/worries, and I am trying to keep focused on the good things.  I have many good things in my life.

I was interested that Charlene's area had so much rain.  I think we have had more rain than usual in our area, and it is a little cooler than usual so far.  Good luck with your book, Charlene.  When I was trying to get back to sleep, I started thinking about what my book would be like if I wrote one -- probably autobiographical rather than a romance novel, but......  

Years ago when I took an exercise class in Maryland, I remember the instructor giving us exercises to help avoid rotator cuff injury.  She had suffered such an issue, and really wanted to avoid future problems.  Hope you don't need any extreme treatment, and your appointment will be on soon.   I think doctors offices and hairdressers will be mobbed for a while after they reopen.

Hope your Wal Mart order works well.  I didn't realize that you could edit your cart, but that is good to know.  

Another very quiet day planned here.  I started cleaning the tiles in the bathroom and kitchen yesterday -- very tedious process with me needing to be on my knees, etc.  But, both of the floors look so much better that I have decided to move into the dining room and hallway today.  I'm doing a lot more cleaning these days.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day and stays safe.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Hello all, it's been chilly around here the past few days and I was thinking that this could be the week I mow the grass for the first time.  It's currently snowing.  The flakes are not fat and fluffy and they are not accumulating. 

I need to check the weather forecast and see if we have a warm up in the near future.  The grass isn't unruly or anything so I have some time.

I checked my bank account to make sure the payment for my dental/vision policy was processed and low and behold the economic relief check is in the process of being deposited.

I know many will comment that it's no surprise however I saw something online about JCP considering filing for bankruptcy protection.  Talk about the fear of God Woman Very Happy   place yet another order with them this morning.  The sales have been ridiculous and today I ordered 3 pairs of slacks

I figure that it couldn't hurt to have these on the side in navy, black and gray. 

Since the economic relief check was unexpected and an out of the blue blessing, I need to sit down and make out a couple of checks to local charities (soup kitchen and food bank) who work tirelessly to keep body and soul together for so many.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Good mornings..as Linda said, it is quite beautiful in Az..in the valley of the sun, temps are warmer than where she is. It makes the self isolation easier. I am a social person, but am content to be at home. Of course, I have someone to tease and make jokes with.

Jean..my Dh had rotator cuff surgery and he was happy with the results...the recovery is hard..he needed my extra hands to help him. But the outcome was excellent. It is too bad that you have to wait so long..

Bernie..I fear that a lot of stores are going to be in trouble. The economy has tanked. I am grateful that my kids have secure jobs...a teacher, principal and one who has a critical position with a major health insurance co.

we are going to donate our stimulus check to a couple of good banks, because we see fortunate enough not to need it,

Stay safe. 😍

Honored Contributor

Well.... it looks like winter outside of my window.  We're having a mini blizzard Woman Very Happy  I was watching a little robin running along the curb looking for something to eat.  I guess nothing is moving under the snowy grass.

Honored Contributor

Barbara @sydsgma1   I really really don't want to see JCP close.  They've been my go-to for 40 years (this summer).  I'm anxious about the post office too Woman Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--You really enjoy your walks and find them so beneficial not only physically but also emotionally uplifting.  I agree that it will be a madhouse when it comes to appointments when this is over. There will be many hair stylists taking care of home efforts to trim, etc. hair. Good job on the cleaning efforts. My bum arm doesn't permit me to do too much at this point, but I am trying but it is baby steps.

Bernie--I read about the possble bankruptcy. Stores often pull in a reorganized form, so hopefully your dependable store will survive. I don't blame you for taking advantage of the sales. I do like the pants you pictured. Very thoughtful of you to help out the charities as giving has been down for many.

Barbara--Thank  you for the input on the rotator cuff surgery. It is good that DH has had positive results with his. Yes, I had read about the long period of recovery and inability to do many things depending upon the nature of the surgery. I really don't know if I'm looking at PT or surgery or both. I had this to happen to my other arm years ago and it healed without surgery but it took time.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

It's sunny but cool today. They are predicting snow for tomorrow. I have plants waitng in the garage to be put into the dirt. I'm hoping I can do that by Thursday. They looked a little sad in the shipment box but I think whatever germ spray is being used is not plant friendly. Better wilted plants than virus ferms.

I had another prescription to pick up today. UGH!!!! I try to get there in the am which is tough for me.The store wasn't too bad and the pharmacy line was as long as I anticipated for yhe 15th. They had enough people behind the counter so it moved in a decent time.

I picked up a few sale items that I could grab from the end caps and checked out. My head and breathing were just not cooperating today.

I did manage to scrub the stairway......again. I decided that I would go full steam tomorrow and continue on my cleanig path. Today I took time out to figure out why the light in the thermostat wasn't lighting anymore. More knowledge about home equipment than I ever expected to retain. LOL

Still little paper supplies in the store. There are some brands (Angel and Northern) of t.p. on the shelves but not too many rolls of paper towels, limited kleenex and no napkins. Cleaning supplies and other plastic bags, etc. are still sparse. I did buy product (wrapped) because I'm a salad girl. Soup is still limited but it seems to be better than it was. I picked up 6 cans (mainly tomato soup) because that's a favorite. I was able to get milk which is the main reaaon I went down the isles. 

I have my fingers crossed that they start to partially open some parts of the country/states in some areas. I think it would relieve some of that stress that just sticks with a person. 

Stay safe & comfy. Have a good afternoon/evening.