Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, 2/4)

Gayle, nice to see you posting again. FHG, I am glad that you are feeling better. That cake sounded wonderful. Too bad it took so long to make. It was nice that you got your internet fixed. Have fun at dinner tonight. My BF from HS & her DH are still sick so we aren't going out with them today.
Valued Contributor

Arlene, Glad you're back posting again, and that your cake was a hit. It sounds like lots of work, but worth the effort. The headache is improved, but still not gone away.

LindaL, We're close to two groceries, as well as Dollar General, so it's not a far trip to try to get the best price. I used to travel to Walmart a couple of times a month, but having the dollar store has saved these trips of nearly and hour each way. It's amazing to me how prices can differ so greatly in such a small area. D.G. is the cheapest for most paper goods, as well as cleaners, otc meds, and lots of small household items.

I'm glad you were able to get DH's finance questions straightened out. I don't know why some things need to be so complicated in the first place. It's truly the main reason I will never be doing my own taxes.

Twinny, Good luck with your tests next week. I'll be having more regular blood work done since adding two meds last spring. My doctor realized we had done very little blood work to that point, so twice a year is fine by me. I had a huge scare last Easter weekend resulting in an overnight in the hospital on Holy Saturday. They were concerned about AFib, but the tests showed no problem, but no explanation as to what happened either. Stress was mentioned as a potential cause, but not for nothing, they found my thyroid to be under active, which is testing fine now, and high cholesterol, which is now normal.

Our accountant called this morning, so it will be business as usual. We're both so relieved! DH will have him to come to the house, so it will be a much easier time than expected. I had written him a note when he moved, as we couldn't get the new phone number to work after several attempts, as well as the operator giving it a try. He had called the phone company to inform them of the issue, and they asked him what he wanted them to do about it. I don't know.......maybe fix it?!?!

Gayle, Take care, and good luck with your appointments. pinky

Respected Contributor

Hi ladies! I have had Karen and Susan both on my mind today. It's good to see Gayle and Ann post again. I had a depressing day at work, too much paperwork too many numbers, trying to clean up someone else's mess. Came home crying. I really REALLY miss my boss. Cried to DH them we went out to Roadhouse for supper. I paid with the gift visas that I won at work so by the time I had dessert I felt better. So glad to be together. DD is coming up this weekend and bringing my dog. We will have fun. Wanty says I need a new bag so I've spotted a couple online, I'm thinking red this time. We'll see. Hugs to all.