Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WED, MAY 4)

Greetings, shopping friends. It is a stormy day here. but  hopefully it wll calm down toward the weekend.

Tomorrow is trash day, so I've been doing my best to reward them with my efforts. I haven't had the energy for it lately.

I did get two pair of Muk Luks lounging pjs that fit well and are very well made.

I did get a call from the doctor's office to set up an appointment for the beginning of June. It seems he wants to keep a monthy eye on me.

I had type more info but accidentally deleted it, so I will not repost it. 

Have a great day. If you shop,shop wisely,

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WED, MAY 4)

Hi Everyone!

KomKat-It sounds like we are sharing our stormy weather. We have one more day and night of this and Thrusday is to be dry and cloudy. Glad you like the MukLuks pjs.

Today is the A/C check. I called and they said he is still on the schedule even with the rain storms. Hopefully, the weather will give us a break long enough for him to check everything. Crossing my fingers.

Tuesday is always bill paying and misc. laundry. I thought I might as well balance the checkbook while the man services the a/c. I'll have the dogs in their kennels so I know where everyone is. I refilled a prescription on line and am waiting for the confirmation. I hope to grocery shop tomorrow.

I did watch some of the Q this am and the Dr.Denese program. I like her products because they work for and last a long time. It's always a relief when I find something that I can use and not have areaction to it. 

I did watch the weather channel last night and it looks like storm season all over the map. My friend in SC was considering "snowbirding" to Cape Cod. They are trying to find a small house next to where the daughter lives. (she "snowbirds" from FL. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Today was trash day here, and I spent a bunch of time yesterday collecting mine. 

I ended up keeping most of the books I had for donation since hopefully things are opening up.  I figure what is a few more months after a year or so.  I did trash some other items that I was planning to donate since I wasn't sure that they would be desirable for the donation center.  I still have a couple of bags of clothes that I am pretty sure will be welcome. 

In answer to your question Fressa -- no the shelters are not accepting/interested in books.  They certainly like cash donations, however.

Glad you like the PJ's, Jean.  I am happy that the doctor is monitoring you.  Hopefully, you will feel even better in June.

Hi Fressa -- good that your AC is being checked.  I am glad you have such good luck with Dr. Denese.  No storms here, but I guess that is the exception.  DD said they had a very bad storm yesterday evening, and even had a tornado warning.  Fortunately, the tornado didn't materialize.

It is sunny with a high of 88 degrees expected here.  I took my walk early, and it was comfortable.  Bev and I decided to try to have our ice cream indoors since sitting outside in the heat (even under the umbrellas) isn't appealing.

I finally called about the screens that I took in at least three weeks ago, and the "screen man" thanked me for reminding him.  Long story short, he hopes to have them ready sometime tomorrow.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Just giving everyone a "hello" and a wave!  ~ Char