Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WED, MARCH 3)

Greetings, shopping friends. It is a beautiful sunny day, one much appreciated.

I worked  yesterday and it was good to get back with the kiddos. The only negative was that by the end of the day, my knee and leg were really hurting. I decided it was time to call for an appointment for a cortisone injection as I knew it would last past the time to go to Alaska.The last injection was in early November.

When I called, I found out the time between the injection and the knee surgery was not long enough. I could't have the injection if  I wanted  the surgery on the scheduled date. I wasn't about to go to Alaska in pain, so I told them to reschedule the surgery to a later date. I am now awaiting surgery scheduling to call.I have no plans for the rest of the summer so they can find me a spot but it will likely be mid or late summer as this surgeon books up.

The new mattress set is working out well, so the money invested in that is a good one. I have had only minor twinges in my back since getting it. Prior to that I was developing severe back pain that took time in the morning to work out.

I need to get back to decluttering and finding some clothing that can find a new home. It was good, however, to have a little time off from that and moving furniture.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WED, MARCH 3)

Hi Everyone!

Today is sunny and temps are to be in the low 50's. Our forecast is a range of cool temps with an occasional day of 50. The rain has left so crossing my fingers that the ground can finally dry. We still have a few snow and ice mounds in the yards. High winds have been around for many days but today if is calm. YIPPEE!

The township posted another Ring camera video of a male bear trying to enter another patio door in the area. There has to be at least one more male around. I don't know which I find more distrubing---bears in the area or nobody on the township board sending Wildlife or Critter Control or the Zoo experts out to round them up. So strange.

I spent yesterday doing bills and filing all the tax info. I started the stack of old paperwork for the shreader . It felt like I'm organizer for a new year and month....finally. 

I was on the search for two smaller sauce pots because I had gift cards and coupons to use. I was surprised with the prices so I have decided to put that aside for now. I need to get back on the decluttering routine so I can tackle a few major projects once the seasons change. 

KomKat-- I'm so glad that your new mattress is improving your back pain. Bedding is one of those items that can make a big difference but goes unnoticed for a long time. It's good that the chair is also a good purchase. It's amazing how a few items can bring relief and a new look to the room.

I  think we are in the market for a new office chair for the hubby. We've only started to search.  The one that is in use now is so old so I'm thinking that any back support that was in the chair is long since gone. Of course, I'm in "sticker shock" with the prices but that seems to be my normal state. 

I did watch Shoe Shopping w/Jane. Does anyone have a pair of the MizMooz shoes? I didn't purchase anythng  but I do enjoy watching as much as buying. I am having good results with the Lancer TSV and using it with the Dr.Denese skincare products that I already have. So happy I finally tried it. I needed something since the Clarisonic brush heads are discontinued. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Jean - Thank you for starting us today.  Sorry about the timing of the shot, when is your surgery?  Also, what mattress did you purchase?  DH and I are going to be looking for a new one later this spring.  Can't wait until you get to go to Alaska, I do love that state.  I know you will enjoy it.

Fressa - Glad you are enjoying the weather, we are almost 50 degrees, but not quite.  DH was watching golf the other day and they were sweating - I told DH "I want to sweat too", I know it will be warm soon enough.

Not much happening here, I have to clean the clothes off the line in the cellar and then hit my piles of stuff again.  I swear, I clean up a spot and it is cluttered again.  I do need to be more diligent.  Need to get moving, have a good afternoon everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Sorry you had that knee pain.  It is a shame you have to postpone the surgery, but I don't blame you for wanting to have the shot before your trip to Alaska.  Air travel when you have knee pain can be very difficult.  Unfortunately, the cortizone injection I had before my trip to Italy didn't help.  Not sure that I will have another injection for my knee.  The one I had for my hip worked very well.

So happy the new mattress is working out.  Like Susan, I would like to know the type you purchased for when I decide it is time to buy a new one.

Hi Fressa.  I keep seeing advertisements for what must be a very expensive office chair on TV.  Hope you can find a good one for a reasonable price for your DH.  Glad you are getting things done.  I have never tried MizMooz shoes.  My "go to" brands are Clark's, Sketchers, and Asiacs.  Sometimes, I find Naturalizers and Earth Origins that I like as well.  Hope they take care of the roaming bears in your area.

HI Susan.  Not much happening here either.  I certainly have many household chores to do, but lack enthusiasm to do them.

It is partially sunny here with a high in the 70's predicted.  They are warning of windy weather this afternoon and cooler temperatures tomorrow.  Really wish we could get some much-needed rain, but that doesn't seem likely any time soon. I'm not sweating yet, Susan, but temperatures in the 70's are pleasant.

My DGS and his wife who live in New Hampshire have power back today, but they ended up staying at her employers house (his wife is a nanny for their little girl) last night.  No hotels with power were available, so that was a nice option.

I was quite surprised that the Fitbit app wasn't working this morning.  Apparently, they are working on it, but in the meantime the Fitbit itself is working, just not the App. 

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda.  

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, it was great that you could be with the kiddos.  I have had good luck with cortisone shots in my shoulder, elbow and big toe.  I do need to call my rheumatologist & tell him that I still have pain in my right fore arm that he gave me a cortisone shot when I had my 6 month checkup in January.  It still hurts.  I am glad that your bed and chair are good purchases for you.  

fressa, I like seeing bears when we go to National and State Parks, but not in my yard.  We need to start getting our tax stuff ready for the tax lady.  We are usually all done by now.  It's been in the 50's & sunny.  My kind of weather.  I haven't tried the Miz Mooz shoes.

Linda L, I am glad that your dgs and his wife were able to stay in a,warm house with her employer.  I hope that you get the Fit Bit to work again.  My DH and both of our dc have worn Asiacs since the mid 80's.  

Susan, I clean whenever I feel like it or have nothing else to do.  My DH asks me if we are having company.  Ha.  Ha.. We are getting ready to do a total house cleaning job real soon.  We did it last February and did a room at a time for two weeks.   It looks good with just two of us here.  I can't wait to have friends and family actually come into the house.  

My infusion went well on Monday.  I didn't do anything yesterday except go to the gym & put a roast into the oven for supper.

After my infusion, we went to Home Goods.  They had a lot of nice Easter/Spring things.  I didn't buy anything there, but I did buy a nice pair of gloves from JCP for $8.99 from $36.  So far I have lost 3 pairs of mittens and gloves.  

It's a beautiful sunny 50° day, so I had a nice walk.  We are getting ready to head to the gym.  It's a great 2 minutes from home get away.  

It's been two weeks since we got our 2nd Covid vaccination.  We are glad, but my nurses are telling me that we can't let our guard down for probably 2-4 months yet, so we will still be masking up, safe distancing, no inside eating.  We haven't been to church for a whole year this coming Sunday and she said that we shouldn't go back  until 75%-80% of our country have been vaccinated. 

I am so ready to go on vacation.

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda