Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WED., JULY 15)

Greetings, shopping friends. I was up at my usual 5am time, getting ready for a day that will be in the mid-90s to  high 90s. I understand we have several days ahead of us in this temperature range.

Where does time go? July is half-way gone, and it has been two months since I have ordered anything from the Q. I still check it out but I am focusing right now on buying only necessities.

I had my orthopedic appointment yesterday to check up on the progress made after the rotator cuff surgery. He said I was doing well but to expect intermittent pains for around 3 months. My range of motion is good now, but some parts of it still need work plus strength in that arm. As a result, I'll be off to more physical therapy this morning.

It is amazing how a mandate changes some people's behavior. Nearly everyone I saw in a business in the city were now wearing masks. When I went to the ortho appointment, I had to answer 5 minutes of questions before I got my pass to enter the doctor's waiting area. I guess I wore my mask a total of an hour and a half from the time I left the car to enter the medical building to the time I returned to the car. I couldn't check in until 15 minutes before the appointment. Only about one-fourth of the chairs in the reception area were available to sit in; the rest were unavailable with a banner indicating individuals were not to sit in them.

I saw a couple of yard sales as I went to the city but saw no one checking out the goodies. In this era, who would buy items not knowing the person. This statement shows how serious the virus has become.

The surge of coronavirus cases across the country has led to another milestone: 1 out of every 100 Americans has tested positive for Covid-19.

--CNN Health, July 14, 2020.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely...and if you go out, be safe!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WED., JULY 15)

Well, I made the mistake of watching the QF show, I have 2 pair of the Big Deal pants in my cart, and 2 tops. I can always use the pants which are now in a petite measurement instead of short. The problem is that the "short" worked well for me. Decisions, decisions! I hate to end my two month streak of not buying right now.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

It's in the low 90's today and sunny. I put a post it note on the coffee maker to remind me to water the gardens. LOL Honestly, I think those notes are the greatest things to keep me focused. 

I'm planning on the grocery shopping trip today. I have a few more items to order for the dogs. Hopefully the remainder of the week will be to accomplish some chores and maybe a small sorting of a drawer or two.

KomKat: Glad that you've made good progress with your PT. It's good to see that they are going to continue it until you are fully recovered. Hopefully, the night time pain will ease up as time passes. I'll keep my fingers crossed. 

My husband's company decided that everyone would work from home thru the end of the year. He drove in yesterday to retrieve all of the computer equipment, etc. I was armed and ready with the Clorox wipes, etc. I was surprised that it was so dusty and dirty. I now have it centered in just a few spots so I feel that it's under control. We cancelled our parking lease so that will be a nice savings. The work policy had been changing as the weeks covid guidelines were being changed so at least now there's a plan in place. 

Stay safe & comfy.

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean. Hope PT goes well, and glad you will be getting more PT since I guess it will help you. 

When I saw the Q2 Big Deal, I immediately thought of you.  Although I know you don't want to break your non-buying streak, finding something you like at a sale price might make it worth doing.  I wonder if there are any substantial differences between short and petite.  Both seem to work for me, at least at the Q.

Very hot there, Fressa.  I am glad you are ready for your DH to work at home full-time, and will even be saving on the parking fees.

I mentioned yesterday the Norwex products, and the representative talked about the disinfecting wipes (like Clorox wipes) that I have been using.  I was shocked to learn about the directions that a printed on the label.  I never realized that you need to keep wiping for four minutes, etc.  I looked at the wipes I am using, and it is true.. I need to re-think my use of the wipes, at least in the kitchen.  

The AC/heating crew is busy installing my new units, and they seem like extremely nice guys.  Thanks to Fressa, I have a cooler full of bottled water for them since it is very hot here.

I was thrilled to read that all Wal Marts will be requiring people to wear masks starting next week.  I do like the pick-up idea, but I would like to be able to feel safe going into the store sometimes

My friend Jo Ann called yesterday, and she is moving into her assisted living facility next Monday.  She had to take a COVID test (through the window), and will need to isolate in her room for a week.  But, she is very happy to be able to move into her new place.

I am extremely happy that my DD has decided to go back to community college with the idea of getting a certificate to be a professional administrative assistant.  I had been practically begging her to go back to college now that three of her four kids are college graduates, and the fourth one only has one more class this Fall.  She had gone to college way back when, but dropped out due to health issues, etc.  Anyway, I'm on cloud nine.  I promised to pay for her classes, and her husband and kids are supportive. 

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day and stays safe.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, we will be in the 90's by the weekend.  I am not looking forward to it.  There have been quite a few yard and garage sales going on around here and a lot of people looking at things.  Yikes.  It's trying to sprinkle now. We had thunderstorms in the night and there are more on the way this afternoon and evening.  More PT is a good thing  if you aren't quite ready to end the sessions.  I am glad that Wal-Mart is now requiring a mask.  Ours was about 50%, so I only went there when I had to.

fressa, I like to use Post It Notes on the island for appts.  We will be doing our grocery shopping first thing tomorrow morning.  It's not busy and the shelves seem to be well stocked.  What great news about your DH working from home for the rest of the year.  It will be a $$$ savings on gas and the parking lease.  There is a parking lot near where I walk each days & it's free.  It's mostly used for people that live in an apt. on our square & business owners.  

Linda L, I didn't know about the 4 minute cleaning rule.  I will have to be more diligent with my cleaning.  That's great news about your DD going back to CC.  It will be achange for all of them.  It will be nice when the A/C is in & working.  I am sure that the workers enjoy the cold water.  

My labs/6 months Dr's visits went well yesterday.  I was happy that I don't have to make any changes to what I have been doing, except, I can start taking 2 Metformin at breakfast and 1 at supper instead of 2 at both meals.  Baby steps I know.

We had a carry out lunch yesterday from Chop Sticks which was so good.  Today I had the leftovers for lunch.  Dinner tonight is leftover bar b cue in the crockpot.

Tomorrow afternoon, I am having 3 teeth removed, so I will be taking it easy for a few days.  

We need to get the grocery shopping done tomorrow morning & then I need to get the laundry done.  

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Hope your teeth removal tomorrow isn't too painful, Glenda.  Sorry you have to go through this, but......  Glad your bloodwork went well, and you don't have to change anything.

Almost all of DD's classes will be on-line, which is a good thing.

Finally, as of today, Arizona isn't the worst State as far as COVID 19 goes.  Unfortunately for them, Florida is now considerably higher.  Still there are plenty of cases in our #2 State, and the hospitals are getting crowded.  

My AC and furnace are installed, and working great.  The guys wore masks and worked very hard.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda-I agree with you that it is great that WalMart is requiring masks. Sometimes, I like to go into Walmart but haven't done so since the beginning of March. I do have a curbside pickup of groceries and personal items scheduled for this Saturday. It is great that DD is returning to college.

Fressa--It is great that DH will be working from home for the remainder of the year. The use of post it notes as reminders of tasks to complete is a good one. I have a master caldar on which I record all imporant obligations. The  opposite page is blank which permits me to list things to accomplish.

Glenda--I do hope that your dental procedure goes well and that your lab results were good. The BBQ for dfinner sounds good. I love beef BBQ more than pork on a bun! I could use a good carryout dinner now, but think I will resort to nuking a frozen meal.