Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME WED JAN 20

Hi Everyone!

We had more snow and some ice and cold temps. YIPPEE! (not for the ice) Last night we  had high winds but it looks like we got lucky with the branches staying on the trees. More cold temps in the forecast but without snow or rain. It's mostly cloudy today. 

I was able to watch part of ITKWM this morning because the dogs had me up super early. I enjoy that show. Has anyone purschase the Rastelli steaks? The hubby was interested in those but I'm cautious about food purchases during covid. 

Today I am starting the closet project since the closet organizer fell apart. I am hoping just to get the items back in place and maybe later make an attempt to edit a few pieces. I have to put the spinning storage containers in the cabinets still so I'm hoping that I can squeeze that in the time today. I have already decided that Friday will be grocery day. 

I had no idea this was a "cooking day". Temptations has dishes in stock. I purchased the Lennox dishes on clearance a month ago and love them. It's been so long since I've had a dish that wasn't ceramic. I actually had space in the dishwasher. I do like to have two sets of dishes because I don't run it every night. I think I'll resist the temptation and focus on the budget savings.

Have a good afternoon/evening. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME WED JAN 20

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Fressa.  We are expecting rain this afternoon, but so far it is just cool and mostly sunny.  They are predicting rain for tonight, tomorrow, and several more days.  We certainly can use the rain, so I'm not complaining.

I have not purchased those steaks, so I cannot comment on their quality.  Glad you are happy with the dishes you ordered.  Like you, I am trying hard to avoid temptation, and so far, so good as far as the Q goes.

Sorry about the closet organizer falling apart.  Hope you can get the closet in shape.  

DD said my SIL was not doing well after his monoclonal antibody treatment yesterday, but the doctor said to give it some time since it does take a while to help.  The good news is that she found that their insurance will cover the local hospital if he needs to go there rather than one that is at least an hour away.  Also, she was able to get his treatment covered. 

She said DGS is doing better today, but she and my DGD are not doing very well.  She is quite concerned about her medical billing and coding class (which she has tonight) since the virus is affecting her memory.  I think that is a common complaint.

I had my hair cut this morning, and the visit was quick -- lots of precautions.  I did not go to the "Farmers Market" or anywhere else nearby since I really want to stay safe.

This afternoon, there is a trial Zoom conference for my HOA, and if it isn't raining (or raining too hard), I hope to take a walk after that conference.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleep well.  

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. My oximeter came from Amazon, and I am happy to have it around just in case.

Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte--I'm glad that some of your family members are slowly improving and will keep all of them in my thoughts and prayers. Thank heavens that there is a hospital closer to their home and it is insurance approved. Good also that the insurance will cover the treatment. No one needs that added worry on top of their illness.

Good for the HOA to attempt the ZOOM meeting and keep current with concerns of the residents. We were in one that had only seasonal meetings and it was the same few that participated. 

I find it handy to have my blood pressure monitor in the house. I never had one for years and finally I made the purchase. What a benefit to get an accurate reading when you need one and possibly save a trip to the doctor.

Honored Contributor

We got a dusting of snow last night.  I was watching Good Morning America when I saw a squirrel run by one of the door sidelights.  Lucky for the squirrel and me, there was a lull in the coverage so I was able to clear the patio quickly and refresh the water and feed the wildlife before I missed anything, lol.  My sister was at work so I was texting her and sending her pics (off the TV) of everything that was going on.

I'm having a good day.

Linda I hope your daughter and her family turn the corner towards healing sooner rather than later.

Ahh a wedding - something hopeful to look forward to Glenda.  Congrats to your nephew.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

I forgot to say congratulations to your nephew, Glenda. I'm still hoping my second DGS will become engaged soon. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the good wishes for our Nephew.  They met at college a couple of years ago, so they have dated for about 4 years.  They are planning an early 2022 wedding.  My brother sent two pic from his phone.  The ring is beautiful as was the proposal which was outside on a strip of green grass, under an awning with clear light's.  

Linda L  maybe one of these your dgs will pop the question.

Bird Mama  we had another dusting of snow last night.  I didn't see Good Morning America as I started to watch the Inauguration at 7:00 a.m.

Fressa, it looks like you are having another busy day.  Good luck with your closet project.

I did dress up in a long velour black skirt with a purple sparkly cardigan with an attached shell.  Fancy drop earrings and a pair of black Life Stride Mary Jane 's. Yes, all dressed up & no place to go  Lol.

Other than watch TV, I have done nothing today.  Grocery shopping day is tomorrow morning.     

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda