Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (WED, JAN 13)

Hi Everyone!

It's sunny but cool and the ground is still frozen. YIPPEE!!!! Snow is in the forecast for this week but I'll believe it when I see it.

I did manage to get the groceries yesterday.Finally... I was pleased to see more stock than usual. Soup, most paper products, some cleaning products were in supply. No rice, noodles or any clorox or lysol products. Still it was a boost to see items on shelves. My main focus was the ground beef special price but I also was able to find our vitamins as a bonus. The vitamin shelves have been next to empty for weeks. I don't plan on making another trip until late next week.

Today my focus is on bill paying a few odds and ends that need attention. I do have banking to accomplish but have pushed that off to Thursday/Friday. 

I watched the repeat of Denim & co this morning. Lots of great clearance prices but I don't need any more clothes. I have to sort thru what doesn't fit anymore and start a new donation pile. I received an email from the Vets charity with the specifics that they prefer for pick up this month. I found that helpful so I hope that's a regualr function.

Our male GSD has the upset tummy/bum today. I'll be making him a bowl of rice for mini meals today. They were both dealing with a stuffy nose last night which was unusual. Now the weather's cooler and the nose congestion is improved. I have my fingers crossed that it's a 24 hour "bug" or just too much water yesterday. If it lasts then I'll call our vet for a prescription. 

Our hairdresser called and they are operating on a four day week with other precautions. Finally booked an appointment for the hubby. I'm still debating what to do for me. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (WED, JAN 13)

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Fressa.  Glad you were able to get your groceries yesterday as well as an appointment for your DH's haircut.  Hope your dog is better soon.

It is cool this morning, but should make it up to 70 degrees today, which I will enjoy.  I saw a little bit of the D&Co. show, but like you, have no need for more clothing.

I am expecting a very quiet day again today.  But, I did get some news yesterday evening and this morning.  First, my senior lunch buddy (fellow volunteer for many years) lost her Mom a few days ago.  I don't know any details, but her Mom was in assisted living in CA, and had not been well for quite a while.  

Later, I heard from my friend Jo Ann who is in assisted living in CA, and she had a wonderful Christmas "break" -- visit with her son and family -- for nearly two weeks.  She is now in isolation back at the assisted living facility, but no sign of the virus so far.

My DGD had some treatments for her headaches, etc., this morning, and she seems to be doing okay. 

Then I heard from my SIL (brother's widow) who said she has found another man, and they plan to move in together and eventually marry.  She had done this once before, and it didn't work out at all.  But, I'm hoping this time will be the charm.   She has had a very difficult time since my brother's death 9 1/2 years ago.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day and stays safe.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

I justt wrote a lengthy post and then accidentally deleted most of it with no autosave of all that I had written. This will be short as a result.

Fressa--Thank you for starting the thread. Su.nshine is good and I also heard the same rumors of snow--hopefully snow flurries. Glad you got your groceries.

Linda--It is good to be able to be updated on all that is going on with your friends. Your 70 degrees sounds good to me. I do hope your SIL's new person works out for her.

It is a beautiful day here. I have some boxed donations ready to go to the city on Friday for my Walmart grocery pickup. I am leaning toward knee replacement surgery but won't do it until work opportunities are over in late May.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Sorry you lost your longer post, Jean.  I was wondering if you had received some news about the knee replacement.  Your plan sounds like a good one.  While I have not had knee replacement, several of my friends have.  None of them said that they had an easy/fast recovery, but all agreed that it was a good decision.

Trusted Contributor

Well, we are seriously quarantining ourselves.  My DH and DD both have had coworkers test positive for Covid.  Then my DH got symptoms and tested positive, and I'm sick as well.  I am being tested on Friday.  We're doing okay, though.  

Waves to all  ~ Char

Esteemed Contributor

So sorry to hear this, Charlene.  Hope all of you will feel better soon.

Honored Contributor

Oooh Charlene @cerb , you and your family are in my prayers.

We had sunshine today, hallelujah!

I was walking past my kitchen window when I glanced out and saw a hawk with a pigeon pinned down.  I pounded the window, startled the hawk and miraculously the pigeon took off.  I checked the area that had feathers and was happy to see minimal blood on the ground.  I looked along the side of the house and out front in case the pigeon was down.  No bird in sight; I would have gladly rehabbed it and released it.  

That was my excitement for the day.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise