Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WED., AUG 18)

Greetingsf, shopping friends. This has been a week of rain and today flash flooding is taking place in many places near us after the tropical storm Fred made its way over us.

I've been fighting allergies which has made sleeping a little restless the past two nights. The students began school today and I was called to sub Friday but I'm still undecided about subbin/g.

I steam cleaned part of the bathroom  this morning. Tomorrow, I get my hair cut and grocery pickup at WalMart in the city. The responsible thing to do sometime today is to find what else can be donated. I definitely have too many clothes, so I am trying to shop my collection. The items now too big will find a new home.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WED., AUG 18)

KomKat---We'll sharing similar weather. It's been raining since Monday. So far, it seems to be aqlternating between light rain and a downpour. That at least allows the ground to absorb most of it and keeps the driveway drain working. Fingers crossed that it continues in that manner. I see that I have a fresh crop of weeds in the front gardens from all this rain so that's on the weekend agenda.

Have a good afternoon.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

I watched some of the Q morning show and jewelry program. The TSV caught my eye but I have not ordered it. I swear --anything that lights or sparkles I'm like a moth to a flame. LOL 

We're thinking about tiling the downstairs bathroom floor one weekend soon. We finally found the tile sample at Home Depot. It would be one of the most budget friendly projects that we've tackled since that bath is small. We'll see. We need a break from all these large projects. It can get overwhelming at times. I am starting to get anxious about the peeling of the wallpaper. I want to have the cedar closet donations all handled before I start but I think it will be sooner than I had planned. 

Today is steaming all the new drapery in the lower level. I sure can have fun around here. I like the color but I loved the swatch color. They are not the same. The price was great and they do a good job with the heat and sunlight so that was the point of it all. 

I did watch most of VPH repeat harvest programs. I like to get ideas and see what's new. I saw a few things that caught my eye but didn't order because the price was too high. I think I'll start the Fall decorating Septemeber 1st. i thought some of the prices were high but I'm always in "sticker shock". At least it seemed like some items were larger in size which is what I prefer. 

I have to admit that I watched very little of gold day. I saw a few items but I'm not sure about the quality. It seemed like there was very little info given about the material and too much of the ooh and aww. I will always love to look at jewelry but really only purchase once in awhile. I'll save my $ for one of our projects that need done. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  DD said it was raining in Maryland, and they had hurricane warnings.  So far, it was just raining.  And so far, no rain here, which means that I will be going to the "newcomers" picnic soon.  After today, they are saying our weather will dry out and warm up, but no 100 degree temperatures soon at least.

Hope things go well tomorrow.  Deciding on whether to sub or not is not easy.  Our very local newspaper reported that several classes in local schools are already in quarantine since students have tested positive for the virus. 

Like you, I have way too many clothes.  Also, I have not slept well the past few nights.  Not due to allergies, however.

You are always busy, Fressa.  So many house projects on your list.  Fortunately, nothing in the jewelry shows called my name, and I resisted the Fall decorating items.  One day at a time.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte-----Yep....I'm rethinking this large older home decision we made many years ago. LOL It seems like every item on "to do list" came due this year. UGH!!! I think that the storm/tree fiasco just set it all in motion

I'm working out that frustration with the decluttering,etc.  If only I would lose a few pounds in the process then I think it would be a good trade. I keep telling myself that it will be nice when it's all done. LOL (I sure hope that's soon--fingers crossed)

Hope everyone has a restful night.

Esteemed Contributor

Just a quick update -- Barbara's husband had a couple of very rough days, but is doing much better now.  PT has started again.  Thanks for your continued prayers and good wishes.