Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WED, APR 21)

Greetings, shopping friends. Queen Elizabeth turns 95 today. I wish I had her agility. Most people her age here do not have the flexibility or agility to climb steps without assistance.

I am working on trying to recapture my former agility and health but it is a slow process. I have lost 20 pounds since January. For that realdson, I am not rushing into buying new fashions. Who know? it could come back as easily as it was lost,

I  hope each of you has a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WED, APR 21)

Jean, it is good to see you posting. You have been through a lot these past couple of months. I really enjoyed your FB post..55 years of serving students shows your deep devotion. I was in education for 35 years. And also believe that I changed some students lives.

please continue to get better...you know that I deal with an autoimmune disease which can really set me back at times. Perseverance is the key word.

🥰🥰🌵

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

It's snowy today!! It figures that after all these years of trying to get spring flowers to bloom that it would snow the next day. I do enjoy the snow and the cold temps. The remainder of the week is to be cool/cold. We just finished the tirmming of the hedges so I'm hoping that everything suvives. It's always a surprise around here. LOL

KomKat-- It was good to see your post. I hope you continue to get a bit stronger with each day. Queen Elizabeth certainly does set a good example of perserverance.

Sydsgma--I have a compromised immune system . It certainly is a daily challenge. I wish you luck with each day. 

I did treat myself this morning and watched Carolyn on the home programs. I swear by that Campenlli foam carpet stain remover. It really works! My friend has the spin mop and loves it. I'll stick with my steam mop and Don Astett dust mop for most jobs.

I watched Shoe Shopping last night with Jane.I've been trying to find a gift for our DIL for Mother's Day. This morning I kept thinking about those Sketchers that she presented so I ordered them in the wide width. I hope she likes them. I'm so behind this year on preparing for holidays and birthdays, etc.    

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, it's so nice to see you posting again.  The Queen still looks lovely.  My mil was 95 last September & is still doing well and is still a beautiful knitter.  She called us this morning to say that she is Great Grandma again for the 10th time.  Our niece & her dh and 7 year old dd whom live in our town had a baby girl on Monday night.  You had a wonderful teaching career.

Sydsgma, despite your medical challenges, you had a great teaching profession too.  I am sure that you made a difference in a lot of lives.  Medical challenges are no fun.

fressa, we had a few snow flakes yesterday too.  After having 5 days of 80° temps so early in the season, I am happy with 40's-50's.  It's supposed to be in 70:a by next week.  I am sorry that you have to struggle with an autoimmune disorder too.  My DH covered up my rhubarb last night.  I am hoping to get some this year as we transplanted it almost 3 years ago.

My DH and I took a road trip to our favorite cheese factory this morning.  I like my baby Swiss & he enjoys Muenster.  Then we went to 2 nearby towns that I hadn't been to for many years.  My parents had a cabin on the  lake for about 35 years.  The other town, my parents had dear friends   

We are not going to the gym this afternoon.  We will be getting groceries tomorrow and going to the gym in the afternoon and again on Friday afternoon.  

I cleaned my baby high chair which is in the laundry room this morning, so our spring cleaning job is all done.  Why I still have it, I don't know as I am not a very sentimental person.  I guess it's because it came from my Dad's favorite Aunt's & Uncle's.  They bought the first  baby a beautiful high chair.  The joke was on them as my folks thought it was going to be a baby boy and they got 2 baby girls.

My next infusion is on Monday, so I am going to have a lazy afternoon.

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  We have missed your posts.  The Queen is quite remarkable.  I hope your health improves soon.  Congratulations on your many years of serving students.  And, maybe you will feel well enough in the Fall to sub some more.  If not, enjoy your retirement.

I know autoimmune diseases can be very debilitating Barbara and Fressa.  I hope both of you and any others on our thread who suffer from them have many more good days than bad.

According to the news, quite a few areas are having snow and/or wintry weather.  DD told me that it may get down to freezing tonight where she lives in Maryland, and she is concerned that her plants may not make it. 

Hope the shoes work out for your DIL, Fressa.  One of our posters used to talk about having an "aspirational" wardrobe -- things that she thought would be useful, but never used like fancy dresses and beach clothing.  I have dealt with that problem, but also with an "aspirational" cleaning collection.  Always looking for the mop or whatever that will help improve my housecleaning, but find it to be elusive.

That is great about your MIL, Glenda.  Good news about her latest great granddaughter.  Nice that you and your DH had a road trip.  Sounds like a smart idea to take it easy this afternoon.

My on-line vegan "support group" yesterday evening was good.  Some of the attendees live on the East Coast, so it was 9:00 p.m for them.  And, one lady lives in Ireland where it was 2:00 a.m.  Yikes!

I took my walk early today, and it was nice.  But, it has turned very windy, and my eyes are bothering me after going outside for a little while to water and sweep up the dust. 

There was an OLLI meeting this morning, and I learned that classes in my area will be on-line only in the Fall, but perhaps a mixture of on-line and in-person in the Spring.  Also, membership has increased a bit, but still a great bargain.

This afternoon I return to the audiologist since there is probably an issue with the battery in my left hearing aid.  I am guessing that I will be back to one hearing aid for a couple of weeks while it is repaired.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

It's good to see you posting Jean.  I'm waving a bedtime hello to everyone, lol.  My sister is on vacation this week and we boldly went to a Target.  I'm an online shopper, she's a hands on shopper.  I haven't been inside a Target since last August.  We got snow last night and it looked pretty this morning, like an artist frosted the threes and shrubs.  I wore my heavy winter coat and hat when we went out.  The snow melted and I think we're in for a warm up this weekend.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Frequent Contributor

It's Stephanie, it's been a few years since I posted, so I stopped by to say hello to everyone!

So here is an update:

1.  My oldest son got married in January of 2019.

2.  My daughter got married on September 1, 2019.

3.  Became a 1st time "NaNa" on April 7, 2020 during a pandemic; son, wife and new baby girl did extremely well during that time.

4.  We unfortunately lost our dog Hart the day after my piano recital in December 2019.  He was 16 years old.

So that's about it.  Hope everyone is doing well.  I will stop by periodically to send greetings!

Have a wonderful day!

SteffieG

Esteemed Contributor

Hi!  Good to see you posting. I will copy to today's thread.

Linda