Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (Thursday, March 9)

Good Morning, Ladies!  It is sunny here, and it should be quite warm later (mid 80's).  I noticed that much colder weather is headed East this weekend.  And, some areas have have had fires and other weather problems.  Hope all of you are and will be safe.

I plan to go to the gym this morning, and I have my British history class this afternoon.  I'll visit DH after class, and hope the hospice nurse will visit as well.  He was doing fine yesterday.

The TSV looks nice to me, but definitely not a need so I'll pass.  I hope any who order it like it very much.  I saw a sleeveless dress that I like on the SG show.this morning, but I think it is overpriced.  It will stay on my wishlist at this point.

My oldest DGS has decided to go back to college to get a computer accounting certificate.  He only needs 9 credits in addition to what he took for his degree.  Hopefully, that will help him get a better job than the one he has at Macy's.

Curious to learn if Charlene's son has received any more graduate school acceptances.  The first one certainly sounds good.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda 

Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (Thursday, March 9)

HEllo Ladies....thank yo Linda for starting......have a nice time at your British history class this afternoon.    Good move on that your GS will be going back to school for more classes.   I have heard that several Macy's stores are closing so he will be ahead of the game going back for more credits.  HOpe your DH is doing well today.....did they ever get that lift for him?

Twinny hope you are having a great vacation !!

Bernie I think we got  your wind from yesterday ...it's sunny here though and 60 degrees .....tonight a snow storm is coming in supposed to drop about 5 inches....I think the kids are already planning a day off for tomorrow.   MOre snow coming in on Tuesday...I guess Mother Nature is getting her last laugh at us.

Not much else going on here....the stores were packed this morning,everyone heard the weather report.   

HOpe you are feeling better Charlene and also your doggie  Susan.         HAve a nice day everyone.....Marijane

Honored Contributor

Hello all - the gale force winds (lol) died down here once the sun set last night.  It's cooler and calmer today.

I received my JCP order (coat and 2 pair of pants).  The coat is a keeper.  The pants were disastrous.  Once pair looked like I had diaper butt.  One pair was a bit too big and the pant legs were so long I'd need Herman Munster's shoes to keep them off the ground.  Back they go.

Today is my last day of the week.  I have tomorrow and Monday off. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Linda -   Thank you for starting us today.  Have fun at your class, glad DH is doing well.  I am jealous of your temps, I want them.  We are supposed to get snow also this weekend.   I want my warmer weather now, I know wishing my life away.  Congrats to your GS for going for the certificate.

Marijane -  Thank you for asking about Katie, she is doing much better, I would say she is back to normal.  We are getting the snow this evening, I hope they are wrong.  We had some wicked wind lastnight., I do not know where all the wind is coming from.

Bernie -  Sorry the pants did not work out, I think you still have very good luck ordering clothes.  I am so jealous of that.  Enjoy the long weekend, any big plans?

Went to Target to get new lawn chairs, got them now because in a couple weeks you won't be able to find any.  It seems stores do not reorder anymore, so you have to get it while you can.  I do ned to sweep my floors today, the dog is shedding like crazy.

Hope everyone has a great day. 

Honored Contributor

Image result for thursday shopping images

Trusted Contributor

Good morning all --

It will be cold and snowing on and off for the next 5 days here.  That is not what I was hoping would be the case.  I'm ready for some warmer temps. and days of sunshine.Smiley Indifferent

@LindaLatte  It sounds like another busy day for you Linda.  I'm happy to hear DH is doing fine.  I'm headed to my gym (basement) shortly. Buried in laundry today as well.  Then shower and burritos for dinner.  Youngest son b.day today will result in a phone call tonight.  Baby is 27, no, I'm not feeling oldSmiley Wink - ha, ha.

@Genny1  So many brick and mortar stores are going down the tubes, even restaurants closeby are feeling the lack of traffic.  It's a great idea to get the last of the schooling wrapped and pursue that.  Linda's DGS has the right idea, for sure.  Mother Nature may be laughing, but I'm not.

@Bird mama  I hope you have some nice weather for that long weekend of yours.  I think we may stay in all weekend, the way ours is shaping up, darn.  Your JCP purchases sound interesting.

@PAlady  I find the same thing with many places, including the Q.  One order for the season, and then done.  I like to wait for reviews before ordering online for sure, but then you can't find any remaining to make a purchase.

@meallen616  Love your picture today.  With my DH a research scientist, you can only imagine all the things we have to research before purchasing.  Just hanging a picture becomes a project, until I ask him for the hammer and nail and just pound the thing into the wall - ha.  After 33 years of marriage, he just gives me the hammer and nails and lets me do my thing.

Have a great day everyone.  My CCs are shut down, hope you all can sequester yours.Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Just checking in quickly.  It is fabulous weather after getting 12 raindrops around 8:00 this morning.

We all had breakfast at the poolside buffet & were in the pool by 8:00.  We had lunch at the poolside buffet as it is so handy. I had a minor mishap this morning after tripping by a palm tree.  My BF's DH tripped getting out of the pool & skinned his side & hurt his shoulder, but doing o.k. now.

We are having dinner at the Italian restaurant tonight.  

I am feeling fabulous.  No cooking, cleaning, TV or cell phones. Heavenly Bliss for sure.

Just having a little rest before I meet my friend by the pool.  The guys are sleeping.

Hugs to all of you.

Trusted Contributor

Sounds wonderful Twinny....hope you DF's husband is not sore tomorrow!   HAve fun!

Marijane.

Esteemed Contributor

Good evening, everyone! I'm having a cup of coffee to relax and then will be hitting the bed. I had little sleep last night and have subbed 15 consecutive school days. I haven't done that in years. I regret not being able to post more right now, but the coffee is gone and I need to crash.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.