Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (Thursday, Dec 31

Hi Everyone!

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVE!!

We had a dusting of snow during the night but it has melted off the driveway. So far, it is still on the grass so I have my fingers crossed for cooler temps. 

I did make it to the store for the pharmacy pick up and a few grocery items. It was crowded but not past the safety limit. There was a long line no matter where you were but I lucky enough to get a decent parking spot. YIPPEE!!  The price of bread was increased and ice cream. They had a few in store specials on auto dish tabs and Finish so I picked those up. (if you consider a "special" still an increase from last year..) It was just odds and ends but you still do a double take when the total pops up on the screen. Of course, I'm always in a state of "sticker shock". LOL

I decided to discard the waffle mix from the large Lock & Lock container. It's rare that I make waffles on Sundays so I thought I would repurpose that container and another jumbo size one I used for kcups. (I have one of those nifty sliding shelfs for the kcups now) Now, this is how one project leads to another. I'm trying to decide how to best use these two shelf spaces and ease up some room in the pantry. This is to avoid purchasing the BigDeal L&L set. I think this will be my project after I pay some bills that arrived today. I can sure have a good time here. LOL

I have my fingers crossed that we see some reduced pricing on some of our medication in 2021. President Trump negotiated a "favored nation status" for the U.S. with the large pharma companies and it is effective 2021. I'll have one of my expensive breathing prescriptions renewing at the end of January so that will be the test.  Fingers crossed.

So far, I've been sticking to the goal of not purchasing clothing even on clearance. I also have to avoid kitchen items but I'm still in the pot & pan project so that's a very good deterant. My biggest temptation is always storage & organizer items. I'm a sucker for them. Good thing I started the corner of that closet because I'm in the "over whelmed" state where I have containers and hangers and zero idea of how to start with the clothing and shoes and purses. How many containers do you want in a closet? 

Have a good afternoon/evening.   

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (Thursday, Dec 31

Fressa, the TV said that we got 11" of snow between Tuesday night and yesterday morning.  We thought we got 8" as it was light and fluffy.  We are supposed to get a bit more tomorrow.  Then sunny and nice most of next week.  I am glad that you got your pharmacy and grocery shopping done too.  Yes, prices just keep going up.  I keep hoping that rx prices will be going down, but according to my 2021 new rx booklet  they are going to be about the same for me.  I am not a container gal as I have plenty for the kitchen.  I haven't bought any clothes since February and they were for our road trip which was cancelled.  One of these days we hope to be able to "hit the road" again.  

Glenda