Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (Thursday, April 13th)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  It is sunny and warm now, and it should be hot later.  Fortunately, I prefer heat to cold any day.

I was unhappy that my Keurig did not work this morning.  Fortunately, I had an old "Mr. Coffee" as backup or I think I would have been very upset.  The other fortunate thing is that I called Keurig, and they told me how to get it working.  Apparently, there were some clogged places near the top needle (this probably does not make sense unless you have a Keurig).  Anyway, I have been very careful to maintain the brewer, but I did not mess with that area.  Now I know better.

DH was fine yesterday, and the resident who fell ended up with a black eye, but not too much damage.  The hospice caregiver told me that they had a lot of trouble getting DH up in the morning (took three of them), but he perked up in the shower.  And, he was fine when they changed him when I was there.  The hospice nurse should be visiting today, and I met the new hospice chaplain yesterday.

I didn't sleep well last night, but I slept in an extra 30 minutes, and now I'm fine.  Getting a late start, but I plan to go to the gym in a little while.  Of course, I'll visit DH later.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a good day, and please post if you have time.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. to Jean -- loved your picture with the baby kangaroo.  How cute!

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (Thursday, April 13th)

Hi ladies,

Image result for spring day images

Trusted Contributor

Good morning everyone -- We are having a somewhat warm day today.  It's 60 degrees and windy, clear skies above.  Love the sunny days.  Work getting done on the yards today, by the association.  Our yard should look great in a few days, after the fertilizer takes hold.  The whole neighborhood will be looking great real soon.

@LindaLatte  I too would be very upset, if the coffee machine was down.  I try to keep a spare in the house at all times.  We have a press, so I always have a spare electric kettle ready AND plenty of flavored coffee.Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear of the fall at your DH's facility.  That is upsetting.

With your busy schedule, I think it is just fine to sleep in as the need arises.  Enjoy your gym and visit with DH.

@meallen616  Loving the flowers, so bright and cheerful.  Have a great day.

After an expensive trip to the grocery store, my CCs are duck taped and locked.

Best wishes for a blessed Easter to all the posters.  We should be thankful for so much.

Honored Contributor

Hello all, I'm just watching the clock and waiting for quitting time, lol.  The floor is starting to empty out and I'm listening to some music at my desk

(at a lower level, not loud).  Once more people leave, I'm cranking it up, ha ha ha.

I am ever so grateful that tomorrow is a paid holiday for me.  I can't even begin to tell you :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. I only use my Keurig when I want a cup of decaf; otherwise, I use my Mr. Coffee. I have had problems with my Keurig at times with it not dispensing the coffee or just dispensing about half the expected amount.

meallen--Thank you for the lovely graphic. So, so beautiful!

Bernie--With tomorrow a paid holiday for you, I can understand your eagerness for today to end. I saw some very expensive sandals last night that made me think of you and some of your preferred styles.

3suwm5--Thanks for the reminder to keep our credit cards under control. I so need to go and buy some groceries as I'm not fond of what I have left on the shelves but can be eaten.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.