Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (Thursday, 11/9)

Hi Everyone!

It's cool but will warm up by the afternoon. We have a forecast of the weather bouncing all over the place. UGH!!!

The range was delivered and we had some snags with installation. Typical! The hubby and I ended up installing the vent fan. (long story) I'm still learning about the oven. I did cook dinner last night and just loved it! I'm glad that I did get the model with some of the extras. I'm hoping that I'll be able to put the manul away for the oven use by Monday.LOL

I did have a severe allergic attack from whatever one of the delivery men was wearing. I don't know if it was cologne or what but it was almost as bad as my seafood reaction. I did have the air filters running but it took about 1 1/2 dys to settle my head and breathing..

Today I have to pick up a prescription and few items for the holiday meal. I'll go back next week (maybe) if I need any of the regular items. I need to pay some bills and sort thru all the paperwork from our purchase. I can't stand all that paper in multiple places. I'm always afraid that I will misplace the one piece I need for a problem.

I did cave and order the DB TSV today in brown fox. I love these throws and we use them constantly. When they get really old I put them on the foot of the bed for the dogs to use. They launder better than some of the blankets. I was tempted to order a second as a Christmas gift for one of the kids but I'm still debating that purchase.

Our DIL came by to pick up the box of pots and pans that I can't use on the new range. She's going to share them with her parents as well. She said that they all needed to replace what they had but it kept getting pushed back on the list. I'm glad they will be put to good use. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.      

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (Thursday, 11/9)

Fressa, it's a beautiful 🌞🌞🌞 60's today, so I hung out a big load of laundry.  It was our shopping morning and I had sticker shock like you say.  I am going to fix a nice Thanksgiving meal for just the two of us.  Our State is doing poorly & it's not safe to get together with friends or family.  I don't want to do something dumb and have to pay the price after being very careful for the last 9 months.  I am glad that you were able to use your new oven despite the hang up.  It's nice that you had someone in the family  that could use your pots and pans.  Enjoy the DB throw.  I don't have his throws, but I have 3 of his coats/jackets which are lovely.  I am so sorry for your allergic reaction. 

We got a lot of groceries this morning and should be good to go two weeks.  We are taking a day off from the gym.  We are both tired and need a nice quiet day at home.

We had a very nice carry out lunch from Chop Sticks.  It's always a treat.

My bff is struggling so much that it worries me.  She had a bad panic attack a couple of days ago and is struggling with depression meds.  Her son in iaw drove her to the ER on Monday and she met her DD's there. They are waiting for the test results.  Today they  taking her DH to the VA Clinic for a checkup.  His memory and health are going down hill.  Being married for 53 years, she is  struggling with being alone at night, not being able to go see him & the decision of what to do with her dh when the time comes.  

Supper is leftovers from today's lunch.  It's hot tub time.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Fressa--Thank you for starting the thread. I am glad that the new stove appears to be a winner for you. I'm sure Thanksgiving will be a hit with the preparations made on it.

Twinny--Like you, we were in the 60s today after a morning commute to work at 28 degrees. It is hard to get adjusted when the temperature swings so much. I'll be staying home also.

I worked today after only 3 hours of sleep from leg pain. I just heard on the news that the average family will spend over $400 on Thanksgiving dfinner. I am not average; I am far below. I plan to use t he time to rest as this has been two straight weeks of working every day, except yesterday which was the ortho appointment. I did order the Basso throw. I have had two of them over the years, with the first one eventually becoming Midnight's.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Jean, your weather sounds like ours.  We will be back in the 40's by Friday which is normal for this time of the year.    I am sorry that you are having leg pain.   We usually went to a local family restaurant for Thanksgiving, but it will be just the two of us this year.    I am hoping to be able to get together with our family for Chrristmas, but that's still in limbo.  

it was a busy afternoon going to the bank for some business 

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Glad your range is installed, and you like it Fressa.  That is terrible about your allergic reaction.  Glad your DIL and other family can use your old pans.  What type did you buy for your new range?  Our weather was hot again today (upper 80's), but it should be cooler starting this weekend.  We have had a bunch of up and downs as well.  

Unfortunately, I think my car AC needs to be repaired since it is not putting out much if any cool air.  I fear that it will be expensive, but no way I can live here without AC. 

Hope you and Jean like your new DB throws.  I saw a bit of the presentation, and I must admit to being very tempted.  However, I have quite a few throws.  Certainly not as nice or warm, but difficult for me to justify purchasing a new one, especially with what I fear will be an expensive car repair.

So sorry to hear about your friend, Glenda.  She is certainly having a difficult time.  Hope she is better soon.  Like you, I went grocery shopping this morning, and suffered "sticker shock".  Plus more items were missing or in very low supply, and the stores were pretty crowded.  Glad you and your DH had a nice lunch.  Sounds like a good day to skip the gym.

I'm another one who will be having a very quiet Thanksgiving, Jean.  I purchased quite a few things for the meal, but no way it would be even close to $400 worth of food.  Of course, I am cooking for one.  Sorry you didn't sleep well last night due to the pain.  Did you get a cortisone shot yesterday?  Sorry if you mentioned it, I missed it if you did.

My DGD went to the specialty headache pain clinic today, and DD texted me that she will be starting on new steroids and then nerve blocks, and botox.  Hopefully, this will be helpful for her.  

When I didn't hear about the hospice supply deliveries at the usual time, I called the volunteer coordinator, and it turned out that his e-mail went into my spam folder.  Not at all sure why that happened.  Anyway, I delivered quite a few boxes, and all went well.  He is not sure about next week, but we may be doing deliveries on Friday.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda