Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY)

Good morning, shopping friends! It is a rainy day so we must make our own sunshine. I'll be off to the city later for a hair appointment, lunch with a cousin, and then an oil change and lube job for the car. With my creaking bones from the rainy weather, my bones might need a little oiling also but I will pass on that.

Right now, I'm watching the Morning Show. I really don't think I want to spend $395 on a hair removal system. On the other hand, I do like the TSV and like it very much. I am so tempted but I do not need them. I have plenty of crops and capris for the summer and they are all in great condition. This represents money saved. I may not find money in the sofa, etc. as Pat often suggests, so I find my money by not buying everything that I would like to have.

My $15 keyboard I bought seems to be doing the job right now for the laptop. However long the laptop lasts is another matter. Trust me, everything has been backed up just in case it dies on me as it isn't as responsive as it once was before the spill. I also have a netbook as a backup but it doesn't have some of the office programs, etc. I like to use but it will be a backup. Summer is a low usage time for some of these programs, so I'm hoping the laptop will survive through summer. Yes, Baby Burns, as you said in your post to me, having an extra keyboard does come in handy.

We all have these unexpected events so we just have to handle them in the best way possible. It is just an alert that the money represented by impulse purchases might be money needed for a needed replacement or an emergency.

I'll not be working this week as far as I know because of state testing. This is a great opportunity for me to go through clothing and organize it and possibly donate some, as well as decluttering some more. As one organization book said, if the item has not been used in months and can be easily replaced if actually needed, then the item should leave the house. I'm working on that. It is amazing the things once used that are no longer used but are in great condition.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.