Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY Sept. 12)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  It is another hot day here in southern Arizona, but at least there are no hurricanes, floods, or fires.  Praying for all those affected by the storms and other bad weather.

I ended up getting my flu shot yesterday, and I did my ironing.  So, yesterday goes down as one of my more productive days.  My arm always is a bit sore after the flu shot, but hopefully that will go away soon.  Not a big deal.

Today I have the senior lunch program and then plan to go to the gym and visit DH.   

Hope everyone is having a good day, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY Sept. 12)

Hello all - thanks for getting us started Linda - it's another hot day in southern CA too, but also grateful we're not having a disaster, and praying for those going through tough times.  Like you, I felt that yesterday was a productive day - at least the most productive out of the proceeding week.  Hope I'm on a streak!

Better get to those chores.  Waves to all of our regulars and visitors - hope you have a blessed day!  ~  Charlene 

Oh - I'll add a FASHION note - Jean - I like those 3/4 sleeve Susan Graver tops you ordered.  I have several in different colors in the liquid knit.  I especially like to wear them with scarves or under vests.  Great for layering and they're so easy to take care of.  I think they're inexpensive in terms of how much they cost "per wearing."  

Trusted Contributor

hello Ladies......warm day here too.....not as hot  as  Linda or Charlene but low 80's but I will certainly take it especially for mid September!!  THe only thing I have done this morning was to  get my hair cut/colored...it seems the weeks pass so quick as to when I get it done again.

I received the D&C paisley cargo pants Today.     I had ordered them a few weeks ago,really liked them but were too big so had sent them back for a smaller size but I guess they didn't have them so they cancelled my order.  I just happened to look for them the other day and there they were in my size so ordered my original color ,gunmetal  , and an olive pair too...both are keepers.

Not much else going on here...we have friends trying to get down to Naples,Fla to see what damage was done to their house,hopefully not to bad......also the place we stay in Sanibel has posted pictures on FB and they seem to be doing fine.....no electricity though..

Have a nice day everyone.    Marijane

Honored Contributor

Hi ladies,

Nice weather in the 80's here,

Image result for enjoy your tuesday images

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mid 70's here.  Not complaining about it either. Remember that assignment I was working on at the request of leadership who will be referred to moving forward as Crabby Patty (lol)?  This was for a project that lost funding around 4th of July. 

Well, it's done - I completed it late yesterday afternoon.  I don't want to revisit it, think about it and am in the process of trying to wipe it from my memory banks.

I liked the paisley cargo pants and was bummed the didn't have them in my size and more importantly my inseam.

Oh - yesterday I received a hardcover book from B&N that I pre-ordered in April.  It's called Picturing Prince, an Intimate Portrait, by Steve Parke.

I was so excited to receive it, especially after the rocky day at work.  I waited to open the package until the birds were settled for the night, the dishes were done and I was ready for bed.

I will have to exchange it at a local Barnes and Noble.  My copy was roughed up during the trip from Nevada.  The dented corner I could overlook.  The scrape and large dent across Prince's face?  Uhh - no way.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

sorry about the damaged book Bernie ...I hope you don't have any problems exchanging it.   I must have lucked  out on those cargo pants. i just hecked them again...the gunmetal is sold out now but the Olive is still there....I am on the opposite end of the length size.....the 29--30" is perfect for me.

Esteemed Contributor

We left Boston yesterday morning & were on the road all day.

We got to PA this morning & I did some shopping & looking at the QVC Studio Store, the Frazer Outlet & the Lancaster Outlet. 

We are at a motel tonight & I am a bit fatigued.

I'll post my purchases tomorrow.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Good evening, everyone. I worked today in the first grade and it was the most challenging day so far this year. Let's just say that I was met by two teachers when I parked. They asked me for whom I was subbing. When I told them, they both said I had the worst class in the school. I've heard that type of thing before and went in with a good attitude. I read the teacher's plans which also required documentation of everything 4 students did as they were under treatment by a psychiatrist. It was a challenge to get things done with the time spent with interventions, etc. I am physically exhausted.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

@KonaKat  When I was in 8th grade (that would be school year 1975-1976) I can't remember why, but I was asked every once in awhile to watch either first or second grade kids in the same elementary school as me.  I know I didn't really teach them much of anything but I recall getting the call to watch them for like 30 mins at a time.  It was a Catholic school so I this probably violated a dozen different rules of academia, rofl.  I got along with the kids.  I would walk in and say - no fighting, no screaming and no shenanigans :-)  

I'm taking the trip down memory lane after reading Jean's post.  Sure we had a whiner or tattle teller but the wee ones back then weren't too bad.

It's not very encouraging when first graders are the worst in the school.  Kind of makes me wonder what the heck happened to home training.  I feel for teachers and know a couple.  All of you who answer the call to teach (and I really think it is a calling) don't get paid enough when you consider the grief you put up with.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise