Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 8th)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  It is windy and cooler here, which feels good after so many days of excessive heat  I know the winds are a problem in other areas like California due to the risk of fast-moving fires.  I certainly hope that people will stay safe.  Also hope we don't have any more fires in the area.

Happy Birthday to Charlene!  I hope your area isn't threatened by the fires.

Nothing at all exciting going on here.  It is trash day, and my trash can is quite full again this week.  I'm very happy that the roofing company answered the phone today (they did not answer or return my call from last week).  Fingers crossed someone will come to inspect the roof and give me a price if it needs to be re-coated (it is a flat roof that needs to be recoated every few years).

Yesterday, I went through all of my pants -- took quite a while because I tried all of them on, and I have a lot, lot of pants.  I found several pairs to trash or donate, but I still have a lot of pants.  I have started on tops, and I have found a few of them to donate.  I understand there may be a donation place not too far away, and I may try to go there with the best of the best clothing.  

Hope you are enjoying your new cooktop, Bernie.  Also hope you are feeling okay, Jean.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day and stays safe.  Please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 8th)

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. You certainly are getting needed things done I do hope the price quote on the roofing job is reasonable. Like you, I have a big supply of pants. I'm not saying that I can open a store, but some are in two different sizes. I guess I should start pulling all of them out and seeing just what I do have and if I truly want some of them.

I was up at 5am. Our kiddos started school today, with the first one being picked up by the bus at 6:15. We have a long county so those who live at the lower end have quite a ride. It is over 30 miles to the lower border not counting the secondary roads, so it does take time negotiating all the pickup points. A few years ago, I took a student home who missed bus and whose parent could be contacted.  She  lived on the side road near the lower end. I didn't think I was ever going to get there. I would hate to ride a bus every day for that distance. 

I did get in 65 minutes of exercise according to the FitBit. I've just been doing odd and ends since then, I do have to go to the drugstore later. I've been adding to my WalMart grocery pick up list. I'm not ready for a pick up yet but I add things as I discover a need, such as soup I had for lunch.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Hi Jean and Linda, I awoke to a steady rain that went for 4 hours.  As much as the rain really greens up the shrubs and trees on my property I wish I had the power to wave my hand and send the rain to California.  

Happiest of Birthdays to you Charlene @cerb  

Charlene - Animated Happy Birthday Cake GIF Image for WhatsApp — Download  on Funimada.com

The past few mornings have been a wee bit chaotic in my house because of my rushing around to get parts or fuss with that countertop.  It was lovely having a settled and calm morning with my birds.  I caught up on my paperwork and filing which had gotten out of control.

I was going to register my cooktop with GE online until I saw that they required a phone number.  Below the area where you key in the phone number was the fine print that you agree to texts from GE. 

To that end, I filled out the postcard registration form and I didn't indicate my phone number on it.  I put that postcard in it's own envelope and that postcard from the gas company 'danger ticket' (attesting I fixed leak) in it's own envelop.  I don't mind using my own stamps - those flimsy little postcards could be easily lost in today's USPS issues.  I figure it's harder to lose a full sized envelope.

I saw a cute flannel back vinyl tablecloth with the prettiest autumnal pattern on it at my nearby Meijer the other day however they didn't have any rounds and I need a round.  I'm thinking of going to another Meijer that isn't that far away to see if that store has any round ones.  

I paid a few bills online - whoo hoo.  That's my excitement for the day.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

It's hot and sunny after a night of heavy rain. I decided I would still start the week with laundry and delay the bills and paperwork for a day. I changed bedspreads and blankeets for the season and dog covers so there's quite a stack in the wash. 

Believe it or not....I was completely out of light bulbs. I must be slipping because usually I am fully stocked. I now remember searching for them at the hardware store the last few times we were there and they were out of the regular bulbs. I have some lights that I use the flame bulbs but I needed lamp and overhead basic led bulbs. Well, after searching I finally found them on the Home Depot sight. Shipping seemed speedy. After I placed my order I got an email that my order would be delayed. Two days later I got the first already to be shipped email. A package arrived to the neighbor with part of the bulb order. The box was ripped open as well as the light bulb packages. Odd, huh? We found it in the mailbox yesterday. All the bulbs seem fine. I'm waiting on the final package this week. Home Depot still had the Dyna Trap 1acre size of replacement bulbs in stock. Price was good. That was the other item I had to replace.

I have some errands to do this week so I'm hoping that I feel better and my ankle stops swelling. Not sure what is up with that but am thinking that I might have done too much with the decluttereing,etc. Now I have an ice pack on it twice a day. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHARLENE!!!

Respected Contributor

happy birthday Charlene 🎂🎂🎶🎶

Jean. I read your possible issues with your flu shot. After my bad reaction 3 years ago my rheumatologist said just to get the regular one. I just had mine and no problems. And the pharmacist gave me what I wanted.

Bernie..all I can say is wowza on yiur project.You are amazing

💖💖