Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 27)

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Another hot day here with a high in the mid 90's predicted.   We had some rain yesterday, and that cooled things down yesterday evening.

I talked to the pest control guy about the house fly invasion I had -- came on quickly and went away quickly, and he told me that something must have died near the house or in some part of the house that isn't easily visible/accessible.  The invasion didn't last when the flies didn't find anything good inside the house and were trapped.  I guess that makes me feel better.  Hope it doesn't happen again.

The cable company sent an email bill to me yesterday evening, and they wanted to charge me $100 for the tech visit to set up the modem.  Long story short, they have agreed to take off the charge since it was noted that I didn't need to pay it.  I am sure if I hadn't said anything, I would be out the money.  Nasty.

The senior lunch program went well today -- the other volunteer is very efficient and nice.  Plus, there is another lady who is helping quite a bit -- she is 91-years old, but going strong.

No shopping for me today.  After the pest control guy left yesterday, I went to Walmart to buy some diapers for the food bank.  They are having another diaper campaign since there is a real need in our area.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  What have you been doing today?  Any shopping?  Please post if you have a chance and have a nice evening.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 27)

Hello @LindaLatte   I received my lock n lock TSV yesterday; I was stunned by how quickly it arrived.  Today was garbage pick up day, a day that gets me motivated even without a Hoarders episode Woman Very Happy  Since 1 800 Got Junk charges by how much of the truck your junk occupies I've trying to get as much picked up by the regular waste management services that are already paid with my taxes.  I got rid of the entire Time Life series of DIY books that my husband bought and I know for a fact he never referenced.  Took me maybe more years than the average bear to be okay with discarding things that at one point belonged to him.

I got rid of the Aero Pilates machine that hurt my shoulders more than helped and got rid of a corner desk.  The desk was ready to assemble and I partially disassembled it to get it out of the basement.  Colonial style houses don't have big basements like ranch style house and my basement finally looks roomy.  I'm telling you that I am on a roll Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

it is quite hot again here 105...but it is not as bad as it was in June and July.

Dh has taken a little downturn...he may go back on hospice...we shall see. 

I found a really cute Xmas top on clearance..quacker factory, which I usually do not wear, but this was tastefully done and will be perfect for our concert. I found 2 pretty tops from Jill at a 70% discount. Now I should be set with clothes that fit.

Linda good your bug guy got your fly issue figured out.Diapers are a big need here also,

bernie..dh has several shoe boxes Full of cords and other doodads. Those are going to be cleared out soon. Lol.

Sleep well 🤫🤫

Esteemed Contributor

You are making great strides, Bernie.  Glad your L&L came so quickly.

Sorry about your DH, Barbara.  I know there can be lots of ups and downs on this journey.  Your new clothes sound nice.  Great that you got such bargains. 

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama  @LindaLatte   I also ot the Locl N Lock TSV yesterday. I tossedmyolderplastic containers that were not safe for the microwave. 

I do a lot of big batch cooking and freeze it for days I'm too busy to cook dinner or take some to my DIL who teaches and also has a busy schedule.

Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte----Good thing that you callled the cable company about that "surprise". I had the same "notice" printed on our utility bills about a future fee for mailinf the bill instead of emailing it toy you. They wanted a direct link to just deduct it from your checking account. They game a count down of when this would be effective. Now, I'm not a fan of anyone but me accessing my checking account so that's a "NO". A fee to mail me a bill at the cosdt of $50-$75" seemed illeagal to me. I thought I would wait until we got anothe rmailing becaue I can't believe this is legal. Haven't seen any other notice since. then. 

What a "crock"!!!

The only shopping I did was for the dogs. Antlers for chew toys for Christmas. Prevents tooth tarter for them and they love them.   

Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama---You sure are on a rolll with the clearing out of "stuff". I think I'm going to toss the two big Christmas trees from years passed. At this stage I'm not sure if they would be safe to run the lights. I'm not sure how long lighting really lasts in a tree. They arre very old but still in good shape. Too heavy to donate. That's my "mission" for this week. I have to get groceries and cards in between the storms. Not sure what day that will be. I still need to do some more fussing around the outside from the siding guys. I don't have a "plan" in my head ...yet...but once I decide where the planter is moving to then I'm set. I sure can have fun around here. LOL

Esteemed Contributor

sydsgma1--Sorry to hear the news about your DH.I will keep both of you in my prayers. 

I couldn't handle that heat that you have. We've had a bit of a cool wave this week with lots of rain. Good for the grass we planted but the mud in the back yard still is wet. We were in th emiddle of planting the last sections of grass and the rain came. We ran out of grass so now we have mud. 

It sounds like you did really well with the sales. I love getting those great "finds". Enjoy.