Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 1)

Good Morning Ladies!  I know that Jean is off to work, and I hope all goes well today.  Nice that you are "booked" for the rest of the week, but I hope you don't overdo it, Jean.  

It is warm here (should make it well into the 90's), and we are having a few clouds.  It my rain, but it is not too likely.  It was nice on our walk this morning -- cloudy and relatively cool.  We have the senior lunch program and gym today.  

The mammogram and bone density tests went okay yesterday.  Depending on the results, maybe better than okay.  But, they took quite a while.  We left home quite early, and stopped by two grocery stores (Sprouts and Trader Joe's) as well had lunch before I went for my appointment.  But, I was still early.  Even after they called me, I had to wait in a second waiting room for quite a while.  This time, the mammogram didn't hurt (like it did last year), but it was certainly long.  They have a special 3-D mammogram at the facility, and I think they added on a few more pictures.  

The bone density test also took a while, and I think they added more pictures there as well.

By then, it was getting late, and DH was tired and bored.  So, I decided to skip my planned COSTCO run, and just come home.  The roads were pretty crowded, so I was glad to get home.

I found out that the "class" listing for the Fall semester was available on-line, so I have a good idea of what I'll take.  I try not to overdo it since I have other activities like my volunteer job, bookclub, as well as taking care of DH.  

Waves to Jean, Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, Bernie, snicks, Marijane, Susan, LindaR, Charlene, Barbara, Rosa (my SIL is going to the beach with her "new" guy this weekend as well, but just for a few days), Karen, Gayle, pinky ann, and all of our posters and readers.

Hope everyone has a nice day, and please stop by and post if you have some time.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 1)

Hello all, hope everyone is doing well today. Thanks for starting us today LL. Glad you got the tests done yesterday, hope everything is ok when you get the results back. You do keep a pretty full schedule for yourself, what classes are you talking about, exercise classes? Sorry if I missed it if you talked about it already.

I've been outdoors this morning, finshished up the one tall shrub that needed pruning back while it was relatively cooler. Humidity is up again here, I was sweating big time even tho the work was not that difficult, hardest part was moving the step ladder all around the shrub and getting it set and level. I have laundry going and have done dishes (ha, just a matter of pushing a couple buttons on the dishwasher, I forgot to turn it on last night). I've kind of been taking it easy for a couple days, so now need to ramp up my chores around here again. Things get past me sometimes if I don't stay on top of them. Someone, I think it was Sydsgma, asked about when I see my RA doc, not till the 17th, I believe. Nothing else going on here, so, waves to everyone.

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

LL, I am glad that your mammogram & bone density tests are over with & I hope that they both come back with good results. The bone density test is probably the only painless thing that they do to me. What class will you be taking in the fall? I took my moped downtown earlier than usual to get my walk in before it gets hot & muggy. It was in the upper 80's yesterday & will be 90's until about Sunday. Then Labor Day should be on the comfortable side for me. We had a great July & August only had a few hot days. Usually by Sept. it is nice again. Schools started today so we can expect it to be above normal temps for a while. We are going to Pizza Hut for lunch. I wanted to take my DH for a nice lunch yesterday as he took early retirement 13 years ago yesterday, but he said wait until Weds. That is our senior day at Shopko & then either breakfast out or lunch out. Now we are a day ahead. Maybe tomorrow will be a surprise to me too. I am taking it easy in the heat, so just did wash & hung it outside. I have lots of tomatoes so we will be having BLT's for dinner & corn on the cob. Anything cool sounds good to me. I thought that Jean was working today, but maybe not. BIRD MAMA, I will keep the hot weather here until I am sick of it, which will be only about another day. Hugs to all as we are now off for lunch.
Respected Contributor

Hi girls! 

Well, yesterday was pretty much a waste.  Sunday evening I opened the door to the basement and there was a stampede into "forbidden territory."  Cat Frustrated It took me hours to get the cats back out before they could do any more damage to the air vents, but Shoshanna was adamant - she wouldn't come out.  She's a strange cat; sometimes she'll come right up to me and I can pick her up, and other times she's in total fear of me and runs away from me.  Anyway, I was tired and frustrated, and kept waking up every hour or so. At one point I woke up and the bed felt cold - I checked, and discoverd that that #(*$ Autumn had peed on it.  Cat Mad  Oh, did she ever get a bawling out - I was doing laundry and changing the bed in the middle of the night; once again I was happy that I bought that waterproof mattress cover.  She knows she did wrong - now if she jumps on the bed for even a moment I just yell "OFF!" and she gets down and hides under the bed; she's banned permanently.  I love my animals, but sometimes they're just too much! 

I did make it out to Jasper to get my reimbursement for all the boxes I mailed to the troops and also got the cupcakes delivered to the police and firemen. I pretty much crashed when I got home - I had a nap that lasted 4-5 hours. since I only got about 3 hours' sleep the night before.

Today I'm going to deliver cupcakes to the tech at the ISP as he wasn't in yesterday, and will probably just chill out for the rest of the day.  I just met a nice lady from the town's FB Friends & Neighbors page; she donated a big bag of things for me to send to the chaplain in A-stan who's holding the Ladies Night Out party, and I'm meeting with another woman tomorrow who wants to donate some things, so I'll be mailing more packages this week. My bank also gave me a bunch of cute tote bags to send them. 

Snicks, you're almost making me feel guilty - I still haven't gotten to my yard work, and see the front lawn will need the grass cut soon as well.  Isn't it something how "hard" it is for us to do dishes and laundry?  I was reading that years ago, doing laundry would take an entire day's work! Cat Surprised

LindaL, I wish I had a Trader Joe's nearby; I'll probably make another trip to one next month, but I  want to wait until I can replace the other front tire as my mechanic said it's bad.  If you want something that's a nice, not-too-sweet treat, try their dark chocolate covered caramels with sea salt!  They're very good; I'm thinking I'm going to send some to the cousins with their birthday gifts next month. 

I decided it's time to donate a set of dishes to the thrift shop; my kitchen cabines are too stuffed, and if I get rid of one of the two sets I've been using for everyday, I'll be able to put my Lock & Lock in there in such a way that it's not stuck wherever I can put it and falling out every time I open the door, which gets really frustrating.  That still leaves me with seven other sets....  (sigh)

Guess I'd better be on my way; Autumn is in the car waiting for me to get the show on the road.  She's learned that when I get dressed it means we're going somewhere, and as soon as she saw me putting on nice clothes, she was ready.

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Respected Contributor

Good morning friends!  Linda, I was wondering as I was reading if DH was bored with waiting on you.  I'm glad you got that out of the way and behind you!  How wonderful for SIL! 

Snicks, you get the energizer bunny award today!  I love that feeling of accomplishment that comes from getting a lot done.

I had a wonderful day with MJ yesterday at the beach.  It was sprinkling but we got in a walk on the beach anyway and toured a historic home, the first in Tx to have electricity.  It was fascinating.  Ate together and drove around looking at things before we headed home.  It is raining here today and I am thinking about going to a nearby mall.  My boot should deliver to the local store sometime today and I need to take out some food while I am thinking about it.  Trying to cook and not wait until the last minute to decide what to cook. 

I took Kyanne for a walk but now it is raining hard again.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

twinny, good for you getting that laundry done early and hung outdoors to dry. Enjoy your lunches out and BLT's & corn on the cob sound good too.

Honored Contributor

FHG, just curious, how many pets do you have? I have one dog and that little girl keeps me busy, she's like my child. Just finished giving her a bath, lol, which is always interesting.

I can remember my mother doing laundry with a wringer washer, and with a large family  it was pretty much an all day job, once a week. We really have it easy now.

Donating things that are really just in our way is a smart thing to do, on many levels. I will get back to decluttering once Fall weather arrives. Now I spend most of my time outdoors.

Honored Contributor

RC, no energizer bunnies here, lol. Not planning on doing much more today. Glad you enjoyed the beach, even if it was raining. I have to think each morning what to take out of the freezer for dinner, if I don't do it early each morning, I totally forget about it, then have nothing ready to be cooked. Good for you getting your walk in before the rain this morning.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

FHG, It is so nice that you are sending so many goodies to the troops. Sorry autumn peed in the bed. Good thing for a water proof mattress cover. SNICKS, I don't have a dishwasher, but DH knows that when it is hot he is my "personal" dishwasher. I hate the heat & hot water makes my hands sting. I love my new clothesline. When we were in Shipshewana last week we saw lots of wringer washers for sale at one of the Amish Stores. Some of them were several thousands of dollars ($6,900). My DH usually asks at breakfast time "what's for dinner." Today was Pizza Hut for lunch, so dinner will be tomatoes & fruit as we are too full for the originally planned BLT's & corn on the cob. How quickly we change our minds around here. RC, How fun to get a beach day. We had rain Friday night & into Saturday morning, but we needed it. It made for a cool pool parry, but we still had a fun time. My laundry is dry already. It always smells so good when it is out in the fresh air. Hopefully tomorrow I will get the rest of the laundry done. I didn't have to clean house this week, but I will be busy next week cleaning for a guest to come. My DH has his 50th class reunion Sept. 11-12th. One of his classmates (my former boss) will be here for 3 days. I haven't seen her for over 14 years so we have lots to catch up on.  P.S.   I do know that tomatoes are fruits too.  My brain is slower than my fingers.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. I'm glad that you have those tests out of the way but hope it is a short wait for the test results. Enjoy selecting your classes online. You definitely are keeping those brain cells active.

Snicks--I agree with the others that you seem to be an Energizer bunny rabbit when it come to getting things done. Pacing yourself is important. Yes, it takes planning meals ahead when things must be takenn out of the freezer.

Twinny--You arrange your shopping expeditions to take advantage of senior discounts, etc. I know you will enjoy the coming lower temperatures as it will be more comfortable for you to walk. BLTs and corn on the cob sound good to me but I understand that the pizza lunch has postponed that meal.

Arlene--You absolutely have the most patience I have seen to put up with some of the antics of your pets. On the other hand, they are also great company. Your energy in doing all that baking amazes me, but I know you get great pleasure out of it.

Kathleen--I'm glad that you and MJ were able to enjoy the day together despite the rain. The tour of the historic home as well as the lunch was a great way to spend a rainy day.

The day at work went very well. Tomorrow, I sub at an elementary school as a Title I reading teacher. Thursday and Friday, I will sub in  middle school English classes. Today, I was a special education resource teacher working in a regular teacher's class.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.