Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, SEPT. 26)

Good evening, shopping friends I am home from work, a day that was very enjoyable. I work tomorrow and Friday, so Thursday is currently open It seems as if the sub days are "feast or famine" in that several days can be scheduled but then there are days where no openings are available.

I am watching The Weather Channel right now and then will watch the local news andd then "The Voice" later. The primary emphasis right now is to rest and then have a light dinner. I do have to get ready for trash day tomorrow.

I am happy to hear that Linda made it safely home and has been able to see DH.  For those who remember Arlene, she is still undergoing physical therapy at home following her accident and extended hospitalization. Kathleen is enjoying her job and the possibility exists that I might be able to see her when I go to Seattle.

I see that the  OTO Earth shoes have shipped. They aren't "se*xy" like the ones Bernie orders and I envy but they look so comfortable for someone who has to spend much time on her feet when working with the kids. I also saw in "The Insider" that Malden Mills has a fleece sheet set with four pillowcases coming up as a TSV. I'm debating getting it.

Have a great evening. Best wishes and prayers for those who are ill or facing any type of adversity.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, SEPT. 26)

Good evening ladies, hope all is well.

Jean -  Glad you had a good day at work today.  Thank you for keeping us update about Arlene.  Hope she continues to do well.  It would be great if you got to see Kathlene while you were in Seattle.   When do you leave for your trip?  I know you have said, but my memory is very short.

I have been busy cleaning and going thru magazines and catalogs that have been piling up.  I also got my ironing done, last week I had two weeks of ironing to do, that was no fun.

Well need to get moving, the dog is "telling" me that it is time for her supper.    

Hope everyone has a great evening.

Honored Contributor

Today was our divisional team meeting (meeting in the morning, activities at a park in the afternoon) so I just got online.

Jean @KonaKat  I like the shoes you ordered.  I'd wear them :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hello all - it was hotter than a match head (93 degrees) with full sun and some humidity.  Suffice it to say, I stayed in the shed at the park for the afternoon activities.  Me and that kind of heat don't mix.

I had a fun afternoon.

Honored Contributor

Image result for good night fall images

Esteemed Contributor

Jean,  glad that you  had a good day & will have a busy week..  I also like your shoes. How nice if you could meet up with Rock Chick.

Bird Mama, it was only in the 80's today & 70's for a couple of days.

Susan, I used to get magazines & catalogs, but they are far & few between.

Meallen, cute graphic.

I am glad that Arlene is doing better & that Linda is back home & could see her DH.

I walked early this morning & then when I got home, my DH wanted to go for breakfast.  It was good & then we had to do a little  grocery shopping.

Our dd is tired.  She said it is like taking care of an infant, except he can tell them what he wants.  Going back to school will be difficult because his classes are a long away apart & he has a full load.  He wants to go see his friends play soccer either tomorrow night or Friday night.  Oh, to be housebound.

It is his right leg, so driving is out right now.  

He has lots of friends & they have offered to drive him around.  They also stop in each day at lunch time & bring him goodies. He tweets a lot too.

We are planning to see him on Friday.

Hopefully we will get our Subaru back tomorrow.

We are hoping to get some rain tonight or tomorrow.  I know that I lead a dull life.

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

I forgot to mention @LindaLatte - I'm glad you enjoyed your trip and that your beloved was happy to see you.

@KonaKat  If you get a chance, please pass on my well wishes to Arlene.

Honored Contributor

@twinny70  It's been hot and dry and my grass is on the verge of turning into hay if something doesn't happen rain-wise.  I think it's supposed to start cooling down tomorrow.  60's by the weekend and I will be glad to feel cooler temps.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Evening, and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  I had my annual mammogram this morning, and then went to the gym.  The hospice nurse came early, so my financial review and ironing are still waiting.  DH seems more with it, and very happy.

Hope you like your shoes, Jean.  Also hope you have a chance to get together with Kathleen in Seattle.

Glad you got your ironing done, Susan.

It is relatively cool and dry here today, Bernie.  Sorry your weather made your time outdoors uncomfortable.

Waves to meallen and all of our posters and readers.  Sleep well everyone!

Hugs, Linda

P.S.  Sorry to hear your DGS is so worn out, twinny.  Sounds like your DGS Is a popular guy.  Hope you will have a chance to visit later in the week.