Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, SEPT. 24)

Good morning, shopping friends. Since I am home today, I thought I would watch Denim & Co. but see it is a Christmas shopping day. I traded that for the Weather Channel and then HGTV at Noon.

We are having beautiful sunny days with just a sprinkling  yesterday, a pale comparison to what parts of Arizona experienced and PR will soon experience. It definitely is not Fall weather yet.

I have a cardiology appointment tomorrow at which time we will go over the details of the planned cardioversion on October 1. I was to work on Friday but the elementary school called me to warm me that the students would be going to a Mollasses Festival and would be out in the hot sun all day as they visited the exhibits, etc. I immediately decided I didn't want to spend the day with the kiddos under those conditions.

I have not received a mailing or discount coupon from Kohls for a few weeks. I guess that may be a consequence of not buying lately but I wouldn't mind having a sales circular.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, SEPT. 24)

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  I think you were wise to cancel out on that Friday sub job -- I think that weather could be hard to handle.

Hope your cardiology appointment goes well tomorrow, and you have a relaxing day.  We are having a thunderstorm here, and there is a threat of flooding.  Hopefully, the flooding will not happen.  I think other parts of the State are expecting hail, etc.

I have the senior lunch program today and plan to go to the gym later.  No other big plans.  I did make some pesto yesterday from the basil leaves on one of my two plants.  Not at all sure the plant would have lived much longer, but the leaves were perfect.  I love the smell of pesto!  I put it into "ice cube" trays so that I have pesto to use over pasta, in soups, etc.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--I have seen video of the flooding in Arizona. It is so hard to imagine that taking place there so I do hope you are spared. I'm not much of a gourmet but your cooking efforts and uses  of the basil sound great. Enjoy your lunch program and the gym.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Jean, I am with you on not going to the molasses fest. I  Don't do 🌞🌞🌞 unless it's in the 60's.  Good luck with your upcoming tests.

Linda L, when we were in NM, we stayed at a B & B & the hosts were retired chefs.  They live in a gated community & their home was beautiful.  I don't like to cook, but their kitchen was magnificent.  Dozens of pots and pans hanging from the high ceiling.  They had & used all kinds of expensive babe ware.  They had a stone front ysrd, but grass elsewhere.  They had about 10 large pots with different herbs & tomatoes in them.  He made the best guacamole dip.  They eat their meals at 10:00 a.m, 2:00 p.m. & 8:00 p.m.

We got back home at 8:30 Sunday night.  We had a fabulous time except for the hot weather.  We had no rain for 12 days & then just an afternoon shower while we were  at a show.  Then as soon as we got into IL, it rained the rest of way home.

Our weather is fsbulous.  50's at night & 70's by day & sunny.

We had a busy day yesterday getting caught up with laundry , banking, post office etc.bank

We are going to see Mama Mia this afternoon at the senior center.

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

Jean @KonaKat  I think it's a great idea to skip the festival field trip with the kids.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Linda @LindaLatte  Please be careful when you are out and about.  I have some in-laws in AZ and I've heard stories about flash floods.

I read your post last night about your recent visit with your hospice patient.  I know it's sad and it sounds like she and her son are at peace (as much one as can be) with her homegoing/transition/promotion.  I use those words because it's a change for the patient, not an ending Heart

You've been a comfort to her and her son and that is a blessing.

Honored Contributor

Hey @twinny70 Glad you made it home safely.  Did you see the notification from me about the Green Gobbler cloths for the goop on the car?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bernie--The Green Gobler products are great and really work!!

Twinny--Glad you are safely home and you had an enjoyable trip. Now, to get the Green Gobler and clean off all the bugs your car encountered.

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, no I didn't see your notification about the Green Gobbler.  We will have to get them.  We had a good shower on the Subaru last Friday, but my DH took it to a nearby car wash & there is still some bug ****** on the front end yet. Thanks for your reply.

We just got back from seeing Mamma Mia 2 & it was good.

We  a lot of walnuts this year & when I took the fitted sheet off of the clothesline it felt heavy in the one corner.  There was a large green walnut in it.  It's windy so it must have blown off the 🌳🌳🌳.

The squirrels  are very active & leaving shells on the front porch & the hot tub area.  There are a lot of them under my clothesline too.  I have to gather them so I don't stumble on them.

Since Fall is my favorite season, I am going to do my decorating tomorrow.  I bought an orange/black candle at Michael's while we were on vacation.  

Honored Contributor

@twinny70 

Green Gobbler Auto Towels (20-Pack)

I know these can be ordered on Amazon.  I don't know if any local home depots near you carry them.