Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, SEPT. 22)

. Greetings, shopping friends. Today is a beautiful sunny day that started off very nippy. I'll be going to the city in about an hour to get my hair cut and to take some things for donation. In addition to that, I'll be taking some of Midnight's toys I found hidden under the sofa to the vet for them to have some backup toys for their cat patients that have to stay over. I previously took a few to the Humane Society.

Yes, the morning was nippy, and perfect timing for the TSV. I have used these for a couple of years, and they are great. I'm not crazy about the pillowcases in plaid as I'm  not a plaid person. I'll use the plain pillowcases, and perhaps find a cute design in percale when I ever go into a store. I actually use these year-round. I have pink on the bed now with a blue backup. The ones I ordered today are berry.

I was up at 4:30 to go to the bathroom. Since it was close to the time I usually get up, I just stayed up and told Alexa to cancel the alarm. I got some re-organizing done. I'm not saying I keep things but in a file, I found my school employee pic for the school year of 1969-70. Oh, if I could go back 50 years, would I do anything differently? We just learn as we can't use time travel yet.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely. If you venture out, do so safely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, SEPT. 22)

It's a cool sunny day here, in fact my heat came on this morning, and it's kind of early for that. I had my yearly eye exam this morning, and had a slight change, so I got new glasses. The doc left it up to me, but I haven't needed new lenses in a while, and I've had my frames forever.  I'm always relieved when my general eye health is good. I mostly wear contacts , but these new frames are cute. A pricey AM, but so worth it. 👓

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 I do hope your new glasses work out for you. I made a change in the Winter. Frames are so expensive, or at least the ones I wanted so I settled for a lower priced pair. Sometimes, I wish I had paid the extra but I can live with these. Shopping for glass frames for me is worse than shopping for clothes. I agree good eye health is important, so it is good t hat you keep on top of that.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Jean, it's going to be near 80° today and tomorrow.  Have fun at the salon.  It's nice that you can give some of Midnight 's toys to the vet that took such good care of him.  

I hope that you enjoy the TSV.

It was a beautiful 70° day yesterday for my DH to sit outside while I was getting my infusion.  Hopefully when I go back in 7 weeks, he will be able to go in with me.

Things went well & I am so lucky not to have any side effects v except for drowsiness.  

Afterwards, we went to the hot tub place for a filter and had a drive thru lunch at Wendy's since its right next door.I

Then it was on to Home Goods where my DH found the last bag of Pumpkin Spice coffee.  I didn't see it because it was at the back of the top shelf.  Next was a quick trip up & down the arrowed aisles of DSW where we bought nothing.  We both have enough shoes.

Our final stop was at Jo Ann Fabric where I bought a yard of Green Bay Packers fabric and two novelty print fabric already pre cut.  One is cupcakes and the other one is USA flags and fireworks.  I will be busy making face masks for both of us.  I wanted to buy a yard of the "Badger's" fabric, but they said that the 5 bolts  they put out on Saturday were already gone.

it's a beautiful day for hanging out laundry.  I will make sure that there are no bees hiding in anything.

It's hot tub time & then off to the gym at 1:00.

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

@KonaKat wrote:

@QVCkitty1 I do hope your new glasses work out for you. I made a change in the Winter. Frames are so expensive, or at least the ones I wanted so I settled for a lower priced pair. Sometimes, I wish I had paid the extra but I can live with these. Shopping for glass frames for me is worse than shopping for clothes. I agree good eye health is important, so it is good t hat you keep on top of that.

I agree about the prices, but I've had my current frames for quite awhile. I've even had new lenses put in them just so I wouldn't need to pick out new ones.  They didn't owe me anything. 😁

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Indoor kitty, enjoy your new glasses.  My DH had to have a lens change in February, so he got new frames too.  Lucky for him because his brother sold his eye clinic in June and retired. Now I wish that I would have gotten new frames.  

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

It's cool and sunny today. I have 3 crocus blooming. YIPPEE!! They are the lone survivors of the bulbs I planted years ago. I have such a "camo" thumb. LOL

I did purchase the TSV today in white. I'm not a plaid person but that's only on 2 of the 4 pillowcases. I love these sheets because theydon't get hot. You know they're good when the hubby requests them. ha ha!! I was tempted to order the blanket but so far have refrained. I need 1 or 2 lightweight blankets as the thermal ones I'm using have shrung up to the size of a throw. I will have to think about it for a bit longer.

I found out yesterday that we will need to do some construction in order to replace our range and vent with the new models. In addition to that all the appliances are on back order. The man I spoke with said that they are waiting on the electronics boards which I'm assuming are made in China. He was a wealth of information so I will definately ask for him. We think we might be able to do some of the work ourselves and the rest we will pay the installer. Now, I feel that I have enough information so we know what to expect. I have a few more ranges to choose  from since the venting system I have is no longer used. 

I watched a bit of Denim &co this morning while I was running a cleaning cycle in the washer. Carolyn said that D& co. clearance items were 60% off today. 

Have a good afternoon/evening. 

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Hope you like your hair cut.  Glad you are able to take some things for donation.  I have donated quite a bit of stuff, but still have books and other items that local donation places are not accepting at this time.  The library bookstore only takes fiction or large print, and the books I have left are non-fiction books about nature, etc., that had belonged to DH.  They are in good shape, so I'm not going to just throw them away.

Funny about you turning off your Alexa alarm like that -- something I do as well, including this morning.  I checked with my DD, and she thought those sheets would be good for my oldest DGS and wife (currently living in New Hampshire) plus my second DGS who is moving to a rental condo where he will be paying for his utilities for the first time.  I placed the orders which were supposed to arrive October 10th, but have switched to advanced order.  Hope that will not be a problem.  I like those sheets when it is cold, but I would be roasted if I had them on now.  We are still having hotter than normal weather, and they are predicting a high of 100 degrees early next week.  

Hope you enjoy your new glasses Indoor kitty.  I agree about the importance of eye health.

I am amazed that you could do all that plus exercise, etc., today, Glenda.  Glad you were able to get your coffee and some of the fabric you wanted.

A roofing company was supposed to be here between 8 - 9 this morning, but then postponed it to 9-10.  It is almost 10, so  hope he comes soon.  I'd like to get on with my day, including an exercise DVD.

I got some bad news about my friend Bev.  There were cancerous cells in the fluid they removed, and the cancer had metastasized from bladder cancer she had removed about 10 years ago.  It is Stage 4 cancer, and they will try to stop the spread by using chemo, but no surgery.  

On a much happier note, I enjoyed both of my OLLI classes yesterday, and I have another this afternoon (vegan diet).  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day and stays safe.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, I am so sorry about your friend Bev.  Hopefully she won't be in a lot of pain.  I haven't seen the TSV yet, but I would like a cool sheet.  The downside is that we don't use a top sheet.  We have a comforter for spring/summer that's nice and cool to the touch & a fall/winter one that's reversible.  

The gym went well.  I only went on 3 things for 30 minutes total.  I think that this new drug gives me More energy than what I had been on for 19 years.

My nurse's weren't happy that our state is back in the RED.  One of them told me that her daughter had to postpone her June wedding.  Another one said that we have been doing everything right as far as wearing a mask, safe distancing & going to  drive thru restaurants & to keep it up.  She said that college kids need to watch what they are doing & people need to stop having large get togethers until a vaccine comes out.  Labor Day weekend didn't help.

Our hometown has a large company with hundreds of employees & they had to shut down.  Our local HS is shut down for two weeks and going virtual.  Several students and teachers tested positive & they don't have enough Subs.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Today was an easygoing day - my only chore after putting the garbage out for pickup was the grocery shopping.  I picked up a fall themed flannel backed tablecloth for my kitchen table.  They had 4 or 5 patterns and I chose woodland, lol.

HARVEST WOODLAND 60x84 PEVA TABLECLOTH

My fall wreath is dropping fake flowers like nobody's business.  I guess after nearly a decade it's served me well so I ordered a wreath from Walmart for the front door.

Way to Celebrate Pumpkins and Leaves Harvest Wreath, 24"

Linda @LindaLatte   I'm sorry to read about Bev's results and I will continue to pray for her daily.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise