Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, SEPT. 15)

I Greetings, shopping friends. It is a sunny but cool day. I guess Fall is definitely arriving. The negative about Fall is that it introduces nasty winter with its dismal days of short daylight, cold temps and sometimes treacherous roads.

I ventured out for the free COVID-19 screening. I arrived before it opened and people were still in lines with their cars. The process didn't take that long once it opened. The state is having free testing in every county and today was finally our turn. 

I did see Denim & Co. and saw a couple of items I really liked, but do I need them I asked myself if I had not seen the show would I be looking for these items? The answer to that was a negative, so they did not get ordered.

I am just now seeing the TSV presented. The black is cute and has black soles, which makes it a winner. I just don't care for white outsoles on winter shoes.

I hope you have a wonderful day. If you shop, shop wisely, and if you venture out, do so safely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, SEPT. 15)

Hi Everyone!

It's cool and sunny today. Last night it got cold so I had to put the heat on. We're in that week of warm during the day but the furnace at night. 

I was able to watch a bit of Denim & co. which is always a treat for me. I didn't buy anything although I was pleased to see some of the new items for the season. It's nice to see D&co wxpanding their designs and fabrics. 

I was hoping to be further ahead on my decluttering and reorganizing but sometimes you just need to take a break from a project/s. I'm still nursing my foot. It is slowly getting better so that's a good thing. Today I was hoping to take the car out for a few errands but decided to wait until tomorrow. I have a stack of paperwork and files that I want to tackle. Slowly,  I'm seeing the wood on my desk. ha ha!!  It's amazing how much misc. paper you receive from insurance, etc. I'm always debating what to keep and what to shred.

The news said we would be able to see the huge bird migration last night but it didn't pass our way. No pictures on our local website so I gues the birds took a turn. 

I decided not to purchase the slim tree and stick with what I have. Good thing I'm behind in that storage closet. LOL I've scaled back over the years. I'm thinking I might even scale it back a bit more. That idea is always a "work in progress" for me. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.   

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  It is still summer here with a high of 94 degrees predicted today, and 98 for tomorrow.   The Fall part is that the sun doesn't come up nearly as early plus the overnight temperatures are cooler.  It was fine on my walk this morning.  We could certainly use some rain, but we are not expecting any rain in the near future.

Sorry the Dennis Basso coat didn't work out, Jean.  That is so disappointing.  But, I'm glad you sent it back when you made the decision.  Sometimes in the past, I spent too long making the decision and ended up missing the 30 day deadline for returns.

Good for you getting the COVID test.  They had some testing in this area a couple of months ago, but the testing facilities were swamped with long lines of cars.  Some people ended up waiting for hours in the very hot sun.  Of course, most had AC in their cars, but....

I am trying to avoid temptation by not looking at shows like Denim & Co. or even reviewing the items presented.  I really have more than enough clothes, and I have been spending too much money on other things (like new carpet, DD's college classes, etc.)  

Glad you are getting things done and avoiding temptation, Fressa.

My audiologist finally called back, and I have an appointment for late Thursday afternoon.  Hopefully, he can repair the non-functioning hearing aid right then, but I may need to return another time.

The American Revolution OLLI course was great except the audio was bad.  The professor sent a note saying that the technical people have figured out how to fix the issue.  This afternoon, I start a "plant based diet" class.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day and stays safe.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello all, I haven't had much to report in the last couple of days.  The cool temps combined with some rain cause my grass to grow like crazy in a one week period so I mowed yesterday.  I also brought out my pressure washer and hosed down two sides of my house.  

I'm in a two story house so the white siding is basically the length/height (don't know how to describe it) covers what would be the second story.  So I guess I'm trying to say half siding/half brick.

I didn't use any detergent as I was curious to see what pressurized water would do.  I can't really say my siding was dirty.  I did the front of the house and the side of the house that faces my neighbor's driveway. 

I had some small webs/dust bunnies on the roof of the front porch.  That's mostly what needed to be rinsed off - dust bunny looking fuzzies.

I bought some mold/mildew stuff by Armor that I will apply to the trim around the front porch that's under the gutter.  That seems to be the only type of area that needs real cleaning and it's not really dark but I can see a dingy-ness compared to blinding white siding, lol.  Thankfully I can use a regular ladder to reach that area.

I bought a pressure washer years ago and I don't know if all pressure washers are like this - I ended up pretty wet from water dripping down the wand. 

I had the idea to do this between cutting the front and back yards so I was kind of chilly cutting the back yard with damp clothes on.  When it was all said and done I took a hot bath.  My lower back was a little achy - I actually used bengay type cream when I went to bad last night.

I think it was all the stooping and bending to gather fallen walnuts as I was cutting the back yard.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise