Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, OCT.4)

Hi Everyone!

It's cool and partly sunny today. YIPPEE!! So far no rain in the forecast for today. It did rain during the night but not storm. The last plot of grass is still looking promising so fingers crossed. I'll be so glad to get that entire area back for the dogs. 

I was hoping to get some medical tests accomplished today before my  annual check up but my migraine had other plans. UGH!!! I'm hoping I can tackle a few small nagging fix-its around the house. (It takes my mind off the migraine) 

We had the deer back in the yard last night and the cat was on the front porch. I guess most of the "scary" wildlife have left the woods. At least, that' what I tell myself. 

I did order the new Mally undereye product. I always have such dark circles under my eyes  I have been using Doll 10 undereye and it works fairly well. This looked like it might be the "boost" I need on the bad migraine days. Crossing my fingers that it works.

I was double checking my orders and invoices and noticed that I had not received the coconut snack bars. I requested a refund and was told by CS that most food/snack items are on back order. No refunds will be given or orders cancelled until after the back orders are processed. (whenever that is) Good thing it's only snack bars. I thought something was wacky because the hubby's steakburgers were delayed and then 2 orders arrived within the same week. (Not a problem for him because he enjoys his burgers) Budget and freezer planning gets a little tricky. Good  to knwo for future orders. I'm not sure if this applies to just food items or other items as well.

Prayers and good thoughts to those in need.

Have a good afternoon/evening..  

Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, OCT.4)

Good evening ladies, hope all is well.

Fressa - Sorry about the migraines, hope you are feeling better soon. We are also having the cool and sunny days here.  It has been nicer when we work in the yard, the cool temps make it much easier.  You will have to let me know how the Mally under eye product works.  I am using Clinique but not sure it I am super fond of it.  Actually, I am just too lazy to go and look for new stuff. It is too bad the food orders are so late.  I don't buy food from QVC, so I don't know how the deliveries are.  

I have been reading the blog, but not writing much.  Nothing too exciting to write about here.  We have been working and finishing projects around the house.  We are still waiting to get our fence in the back yard done ( we had to take a side of it out to fill in a large dip in the yard), so now we wait until the company can schedule us in.  

I can not believe it is October already, I did not get the projects I wanted to get done, but we did get suprise projects done.  So I guess we accomplished something.  

Off to make supper, hope everyone has a great evening.

Honored Contributor

I had my appointment with the fence company today.  At this point in the season fence contractors are booking winter or early spring appointments.  I'm not that desperate for a new privacy fence to do it in the dead of winter so it's looking like mid March, early April.

I'll probaby go with the company that came by today.  The man answered all of my questions, even the silly technical ones and I think overall the price is competitive.  When I said I would pay cash, he knocked off 3% which is money I can used towards the tree guys, lol. 

I'll most likely sign the contract in the next 2 weeks and even though he said 1/3 of the cost is required as a downpayment, I'll give him 1/2.

God's time is different than my time and I'm good with the delay.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening and thanks for getting us started, Fressa.  So sorry about your migraines.  Hope the Mally product works for you.  I have never ordered her products, but might do so in the future. Right now, I have tons of Laura Geller -- her products last me a very long time.

Interesting about the deliveries.  Like Susan, I don't order food from the Q, at least not for a long time.

Hi Susan.  It is amazing that it is already October.  I got my flu shot yesterday -- the strong one for people over 65, and my arm hurt.  But no other problems.   Since I had COVID in August, I don't plan to get the new vaccine until next month or even December, but a couple ahead of me got both the flu and COVID vaccines at one time.

Glad you were happy with the fence company Bernie.  Good that you can wait until the spring.

I contacted a landscaper to help trim my bushes and do some weeding in the alley, and he turned out to be very nice.  The landscaper I used last year didn't respond to my email, and my neighbor suggested this man.  His English isn't the best, but he seemed to understand what I wanted, and quoted a price less than half of what the other landscaper charged.  He will try to do the job next week when I will be home.  

The senior lunch program went well -- busy.  The salad bar is certainly popular.  And, the gym went okay.  We had heavy rain while I was in the lunch program, but it was lighter when the landscaper came.  The temperature really went down, but is up to 69 degrees now.  

I heard from Jean that she isn't planning to do substitute teaching regularly -- perhaps once in a while.  She was exhausted after doing so yesterday.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Sleep well everyone.

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Linda - I get my flu shot tomorrow, then will wait a couple weeks to get my covid booster.  I want to get the booster soon, because we go to Miami for a weekend wedding in November and I want to be covered.  I am not looking forward to a plane full of people.  

Glad to hear you like this new landscaper.  We had to find a new one also, the first one we spoke to never got back to us and when we called him he had no idea who we were.  The second one we spoke to did a great job and he started the job a week after we spoke to him.  

Hope everyone has a great night.

Esteemed Contributor

PALady---Most of our days are uneventful and I love it. I had such a crazy work schedule and careers for so many years that I regard them as a luxury. Yesterday my migraine never got better to go for a blood test but I was able to get outside to pull the old tomatoe plants from the veggie planters. First year I was able to do this before the snow was flying. LOL 

We were able to fix some of the solar liights around the one side yard (aftermath from all the updating) and I moved one planter next to the birdbath so it looks nicer from the mailbox. ( I'm crazy because I worry about that stuff--) Now I'm done with fussing around with that outside "stuff".

The number of inside projects are coming along but I'm not certain the wallpaper peeling or painting will be done before the holidays. Oh well.

Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama--That's good news with your fence. Gives you plenty of time for the trees. It makes me nervous to have any construction or major deliveries from Fall thru Winter around here.We've had snow flying around here for St,Pat's day so it's always a guessing game when Spring is really arriving.Good Luck.

Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte---I'm glad you found a landscaper that works well for your needs and budget. There is a shortage of landscapers or even people to help with weeding & yardwork. I have two friends (one here and one in SC) and they have a  heck of a time finding anyone to do weeding and mowing. My firend here said that decided it was better to pay $140 for him to weed the hill than her trying to do it herself.Sometimes you just have to give yourself a break and reallocate your budget amounts. 

I like the Laura Geller products and the B&b lines that she has. I swear that compact never goes on empty. I was using a tiny brush to pick out the shades to ccver the under eye dark circles from the compact but mine are too wide. I did get a sample of Doll10 concealer and it works great. A little goes a long way. For some reason my under eye area seems to make makeup products pill if I have foundation next to them. I have dry skin so this always amazes me. I've used Mally's products in the past so this applicator looked better for application.  I think with the under eye area you have use the less is more and that can be difficult to measure in some of these products. 

Glad to hear that Jean is only going to teach here and there.  We need to remember to take care of ourself first and every thing else second. (I'm still learning that part.)

Esteemed Contributor

I just got done reading your posts.  Some days I can't get on the internet.

I can't believe that it's October either.  The scenery has been spectacular.  I hope that it's beautiful in WI when we get back home.  Then I will be busy washing windows.

We finished the Blue Ridge Pkwy Drive and the Shenandoah National Park later this afternoon.  It was 4 days of great scenery and Deer.

Yesterday we saw 12 deer and 9 of them ran across the road in front of me.  As we left the campground this morning, there were four big deer right at the edge of the Hwy.   We saw at least 8 more that were either at the edge of the Hwy or crossing it in front of me.  

We are at a nice motel tonight.  We were able to walk across the street to the Spelunker's Restaurant  Restaurant for supper.  Never heard of it, but it was crazy busy and good.

So far so good with my dh.  I need to do my strengthening exercises tonight as I didn't do them yesterday or this morning.

My exercise for tonight was to help my dh remove his insulin pen from the fabric holder.  He has to soak the case in water every so often.  Then the new pen is good for 25 days.

We have done some fun shopping.  Nice mugs for us with Blue Ridge Pkwy Drive on mine & the sign that says to go North or South on the trail on his.  They will get a lot of use once we get back home.

Talking about getting back home, we are heading to Lancaster, PA  tomorrow  to see what they have at the QVC Outlet Store. I need to use my GPS tonight to see how far away it is.    My last trip there was  5 years ago .  

Prayers for safety on the road would be appreciated.  So far we have driven  just over 2,000 miles.

Christopher will be graduating from college in December and has had three job interviews and two of them have had him come back for two & three interviews.  They are companies that he is interested in.

Today when we got off at a look out point, there was a SUV with a WI license plate. They were a young couple from the same city that our dgd works at SB. Small world.

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

Yesterday when we were listening to Sirius XM, we were saddened to hear that Loretta Lynn had passed away.  We went to her restaurant & took a couple of pics of her tour bus and beautiful home in May.

As we were driving down Hwy 76 in Branson, MO also  in May we were also saddened to see a bill board in front of Mickey Hillary's theatre saying RIP.  He had passed away that day.  We saw both of them in Branson and they put on a wonderful show.

Glenda