Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, NOV. 2nd)

Good Afternoon!  Another lovely day here -- cool and cloudy in the morning with a high of 84 degrees predicted.

Hope everyone is having a nice Tuesday.  I was very pleased with my eye doctor's appointment yesterday.  No sign of disease, and my cataracts can wait.  I did get a new prescription, and ordered new glasses.  I pay for vision insurance, and it is a wonderful policy that covers for a new pair of glasses every year, etc.  They had a special if you got a second pair (half price), but that turned out to be more than $600.00 more.  I would like a spare pair, but that is too steep for me.

One of my smoke alarms went off this morning, but fortunately I was fully awake, and I had a new battery to install.

Barbara's husband is in the hospital again.  As of yesterday evening, Barbara reported that there is evidence of a heart attack, but he was in quite a bit of pain.  And, Barbara is understandably upset.  I'm sure she would appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

I have some nice vegetable soup in the crockpot, and plan to go to the gym this afternoon.  My vegan Zoom group meets this afternoon.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.  Please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, NOV. 2nd)

[ Edited ]

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. I am sad to hear about Barbara's husband. Prayers are in order. Great news on your eye appointment. The veggie soup sounds great!

I did watch two hours of Denim & Co. this morning. Afterwards, I actually vacuumed one room and did a little organizing. I have to admit that my energy level wasn't quite up to doing it so the afternoon was spent relaxing by reading a new novel I had gotten as part of the freebie Kindlle books I get each month.

I'm really not into the Christmas buying mood yet. I had debated the Ninja TSV but passed. I guess my new phone is my Christmas gift from me to me. It was good that I paid attention to the warning signs as the old phone completely died a week after I got the new one. 

Tomorrow is my official release from quarantine. I've become so used to being a "prisoner" that I think I could handle a few more days. People locally have been so good to drop things off for me or to run errands. They would alert me when the drop off took place so that there was no face to face meeting.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely. The SG pants are on their way to me.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Linda L, thanks for telling us about Barbara's dh.  Prayers are going out to all of them.  My dh got a call from the vision center yesterday and was able to get them & go to the gym.  They fit perfect so I am glad.  $600 would be a no to me too.

Jean, I think that being in quarantine isn't so bad when there is an end in sight.  When we went on the "shutdown" 20 months ago, we decided that we would do an early spring cleaning.  It was fun doing a different room each day.  The reward was supposed to be a fun 2-3 week 50th anniversary road trip.  Now Lord willing,  we are hoping to go on this special vacation next April.  

The BIG NEWS here is that we got our Booster shot this morning.  I heard an ad for getting the Booster on the radio yesterday saying you could go on Monday,  Tuesday and Thursday.  Off we went at 8:30 this morning and we were all done by 9:30.  So far so good.

We are going to take it easy for a few days.  My right foot is a bit better.  No gym for either of us until Thursday.

My brother is coming up tomorrow and we are going to a sports bar for lunch.  It's under new ownership & he graduated from HS with the owner whom he hasn't seen since they graduated from HS.  I hope that the guy is out there.  My brother is now allowed to drive and wants to get out of the house.  He is getting "cabin fever" as he can't go back to work until next Monday and is on light duty until March. 

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

ETA:  My dmil was taken to a rehab place yesterday for 20 days.  Then a decision will be made whether she is able to go back to her apt.  She is in quarantine for 14 days, needs to get her 2nd Covid vaccination and a flu shot.  

Esteemed Contributor

Happy you will be out of quarantine tomorrow, Jean.  Glad you got your booster, Glenda.  Fingers crossed for your MIL.  Have fun with your brother tomorrow.

Just wanted to let you know that a heart attack/heart issues have been ruled out for Barbara's DH.  They are waiting on the results of an ultrasound to see if he has gallbladder problems.  He may be released from the hospital tomorrow. 

Honored Contributor

Oh no, I am sorry to read that news about Barbara's beloved @LindaLatte   Of course I will include them in my prayers, thank you for letting us know.  Glad you got a new pair of glasses.  I have to wear 2 pair because I can't take progressive lenses no matter how many times I tried.  $800 is steep for a second pair.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Jean @KonaKat  I treated myself to the Philosophy TSV in Unconditional Love.  It restores my fatth in people to read about the kindness that neighbors have shown you during your recovery.  

Honored Contributor

Congrats on getting the booster Glenda @twinny70  I hope that you have fun with your brother tomorrow.