Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, NOV. 29)

Good evening, shopping friends. I was surprised to see the thread had not been started by the time I came home from work.  I do hope everyone is doing well.

I worked yesterday until Noon and then went to the city for physical therapy. While there, I picked up an order from Kohls which I had placed oline as well as one at Sam's Club I had also placed online.

I have physical therapy again tomorrow and work full days on Thursday and Friday, so this has been a very busy week.

I wore my Aerosoles boots to work today. There was no break in period required and my feet felt so comfortable in them. I may order the gray version of them.

I see the Cyber Monday promotions are still going with some vendors for a "Cyber Tuesday." I have to agree that when busy it is so easy to shop online.

Have a great evening. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, NOV. 29)

Evening, Thanx @KonaKat for the start, I'm just home from the airport & saw your post, yes it is late in the day for a start, but happy you did.

You do have a busy week ahead, hope your pt goes well

Had the picketeers at the airport today, striking for a $15 hourly wage, which is fair, but have to note most of these workers are wheel chair pushers, baggage handlers, etc, they paid $8 per hour due to tips, most have told me they make apprx $100 per day in tips which would bring their annual salary to $40-50K per year, not by any means great but what most secretaries, etc make, if they make it a lot of people will be wanting to push wheel chairs, me included, (lol) no worry about is your work done, can it be done, etc, etc, so no real stress, anyway just expressing what many at the airport are saying 

Weather today was beautiful, 59 & sunny

Waves & Hugs to All

Essie

Honored Contributor

Hi ladies,

Image result for good evening friends thoughts christmas images

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  You are certainly having a busy week.  Glad you liked the boots so much.  I'm really into comfortable shoes/boots these days.  I thought about starting our thread earlier today, but got caught up in other things.

I had heard about the picketing, Essie.  The voters of Arizona just approved an increase to the minimum wage that will start in January -- first increase to be followed by additional increases later.  I am not sure how it will work out, but fingers crossed it will be for the good.  It is funny, but I wondered about tips for the wheelchair pushers.  I guess that theoretically you don't have to tip, but I would imagine most people (including me) do so.  Not that it is any of my concern, but I do get sidetracked on such issues sometimes.

Cute graphic meallen -- hope you have a nice evening.

I was pretty upset this morning because after walking for about an hour, I realized I did not have my house key.  I was close to home, and decided to check to see if I had dropped them as I started my walk, and fortunately, that is just what happened.  I decided to put those keys on a lanyard I got from the 99 cent store.  

My volunteer job went fine, and I did okay at the gym.  DH was sleeping in the chair when I arrived, and he is back sleeping now.  We did walk around several times.  I'll stay to feed him dinner.

I think almost every charity I support sent e-mails or called about Giving Tuesday -- I guess it makes sense, but I had to be selective or go broke.  

Sleep well everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, you have been busy with working & PT.  I have a pair of Aerosoles sandals that are wonderful.  No break in time is always a plus for me.  Good luck with your other purchases too.

SPIX, I hope that the picketers are peaceful.  I always tip the wheelchair pushers as it makes my DH's life so much easier when we are at a busy airport.  It is a come convenience that I take for granted.

meallen, nice graphic again 

Linda L. I am glad that you found your house key near your home.  Not fun when you have to back track your route.  Glad that your DH is doing well despite some wanderers.

I had a busy day with cleaning out all of the kitchen cupboards & drawers today.  A few at a time.   I didn't need to declutter so that was good.  Tomorrow I need to wash floors.  

I got an email from my DD telling us that our DGS #2 has a band concert on Thursday night.  We will go up in the afternoon so that my DH doesn't have to drive up & back in the dark.  We would love to stay overnight, but my infusion is at 9:30 Friday morning.  Their home always smnells so good this time of the year, as she had a big Black Friday sale.  She spent 2 weeks getting ready for it.

DGS #1 has his band concert next Thursday, so we will go if the weather permits.  I don't know when our DGD's is yet.  Sometimes they are a day apart.  Then we will stay overnight.

It was so nice to be sunny & 50° today.  We mopeded to BK for lunch.  This weather won't last for ever.  We got almost 3" of rain so far this week.

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

Hi ladies, @KonaKat, @spix, @meallen616, @LindaLatte, @twinny70.

Hoping everyone is doing ok, a busy, busy day for me. I have read all your posts, but been running in and out of the house all day, appointments, errands, etc.

Will try to do better tomorrow, although it seems it may be fairly busy also, right now. Hopefully not so much as today though.

Waves....

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

My rear is dragging, sorry I'm late.  Second day in a row that the team of 5 has been down 3 people (various ailments and illnesses).  I know the work so I'm trying to support the team and sales.  This cold is progressing.  Now I sneeze like a fool, my eyes are perpetually tearing and I'm tired.  At least my eyes don't feel like hot coals any more and the throat isn't killing me.  

I take my blessings where I can get 'em.  Every once in a while I get a dry hack and I say, oh no you don't.  You are not going below the collar bone and turning into bronchitis - then I hit it with a Zicam.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise