Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, NOV. 26)

@Fressa   These swings in temperature and humidity make it bad for anyone with sinus, migraine or allergies Woman Sad  My first dog Spottie was some kind of spaniel mix and he would get 'hot spots' (that's what I called them) sometimes.  It would drive me insane because it was driving him insane and I hated to make him wear the cone.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hi Marijane @Genny1   I though the Vera Bradley weekender/tote thing that I ordered would be here any day now.  I suppose if UPS would deliver it, I've have it today because they have it today.  Instead it will be handed off to the post office and I'll probably get it Friday or the weekend.  It's a Christmas present from me to me so there's no hurry.

Honored Contributor

It was another pretty day here so I went to the bank and deposited my last ebates check.  I then went to the pet cemetery to put out the seasonal solar lights, swung past CVS to get my coffee and treated myself to a pizza.  

I was up early (5:30 this morning) and after all those carbs in the pizza and cheesy bread, I'm feeling kinda sluggish.  

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Hope you like the leather and suede jacket you ordered.  Interesting story about the alert.  I did not get the wall button involved.  One of my buddies who has a different alert system set it off when we were having coffee by leaning forward too close to the table (she has a pendant).  I am glad they are so responsive.

Glad your weather is more to your liking Marijane.  I have had extremely slow shipping from here lately.  In one case, they sent an e-mail the day before it should have been delivered saying there was a delay.  I think it took 21 days to receive the item.  Amazon is usually very speedy.

Nice to see you posting, twinny.  You are busy as usual.  Hope things go okay with the lunch with your DD.  Wonder if she knows your SIL has told you what is going on?  Seems strange that she is acting like nothing is out of the ordinary.  Glad you were able to find a drug plan to cover your medication.  

Hope your migraines and your dogs allergy problems aren't too bad, Fressa.  That certainly sounds like a lot of deer in your yard.

Have a nice Thanksgiving, Barbara.  Our weather isn't supposed to be nice for a while.  It was rainy and cool this morning, but now is sunny. 

Hi Bernie.  Glad you are having a pretty day.

I'm back from the senior lunch program and plan to go to the gym later.  My back has been hurting, but exercise doesn't seem to make any difference.  I am using the heating pad which helps.

The director asked me if I would help out tomorrow when they are bringing in the blind veterans for lunch in addition to the regular crowd.  They are serving turkey, etc.  I only need to serve the lunch and maybe pick up the plates after lunch.  I need to do some cooking (vegetables for the church Thanksgiving lunch) tomorrow, but I figure there will be plenty of time.

Today must be the fraud/con artist pre-holiday push.  So far, I have received two "phishing" e-mails plus two calls on my cell phone that are frauds.  I keep blocking numbers, etc., but they just seem to find new numbers and e-mails.  Frustrating.

Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bernie--I do, indeed, consider myself lucky to be here and posting after the late August "event."  Obviiously, the alert system would have been handy then but experience is a great teacher. The accidental alert sent showed me how quickly they react, which is a positive.

Linda--I think it is great that you are taking time to help serve others and make the day special for them. On that alert system, the wall button was a freebie but I never put it up. I do wear my wrist alert button all the time. I also have the fall pendant which goes off automatically if you fall and are unable to press the button. It is sensitive so I don't wear it often as the others would serve the purpose as long as I could push the button. Yes, the fall pendant is sensitive but you can push the button and hold it to cancel the alert. I guess I'm trying to tell myself that I'll always be alert enough to push the button.

Barbara--Enjoy your Thanksgiving with the family. Hopefully the flights will not be delayed so you can celebrate this special time with family. Great success with not shopping!

Fressa--This weather is not good for sinus issues, arthritis, etc. I haven't seen deer in my yard lately. Deer season began this week so smart deer should be in hiding

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

@LindaLatte wrote:

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Hope you like the leather and suede jacket you ordered.  Interesting story about the alert.  I did not get the wall button involved.  One of my buddies who has a different alert system set it off when we were having coffee by leaning forward too close to the table (she has a pendant).  I am glad they are so responsive.

Glad your weather is more to your liking Marijane.  I have had extremely slow shipping from here lately.  In one case, they sent an e-mail the day before it should have been delivered saying there was a delay.  I think it took 21 days to receive the item.  Amazon is usually very speedy.

Nice to see you posting, twinny.  You are busy as usual.  Hope things go okay with the lunch with your DD.  Wonder if she knows your SIL has told you what is going on?  Seems strange that she is acting like nothing is out of the ordinary.  Glad you were able to find a drug plan to cover your medication.  

Hope your migraines and your dogs allergy problems aren't too bad, Fressa.  That certainly sounds like a lot of deer in your yard.

Have a nice Thanksgiving, Barbara.  Our weather isn't supposed to be nice for a while.  It was rainy and cool this morning, but now is sunny. 

Hi Bernie.  Glad you are having a pretty day.

I'm back from the senior lunch program and plan to go to the gym later.  My back has been hurting, but exercise doesn't seem to make any difference.  I am using the heating pad which helps.

The director asked me if I would help out tomorrow when they are bringing in the blind veterans for lunch in addition to the regular crowd.  They are serving turkey, etc.  I only need to serve the lunch and maybe pick up the plates after lunch.  I need to do some cooking (vegetables for the church Thanksgiving lunch) tomorrow, but I figure there will be plenty of time.

Today must be the fraud/con artist pre-holiday push.  So far, I have received two "phishing" e-mails plus two calls on my cell phone that are frauds.  I keep blocking numbers, etc., but they just seem to find new numbers and e-mails.  Frustrating.

Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Linda L, our dd never mentions our dsil.  She never told us that he was going to Boston on a business trip.  He did.  Our dsil sent me an email telling us when the dgc have their HS December band concert.