Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, NOV. 26)

[ Edited ]

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a  beautiful sunny but nippy day. Today, I made my first lunchtime special purchase, a H by Halston Black leather and suede jacket. I had been looking for a new leather or good faux leather jacket so the price savings from $272 to $100 was hard to pass up.A311559. Wow! It didn't take long for most of the sizes to disappear but if you are small you might be in luck.

I've done some low intensity decluttering. Tomorrow is trash day, so I have 3 bags ready to go along with boxes that have accumulated. Now, this is speedy shipping: I placed an order with Amazon yesterday and it will arrive today. I don't know if they are employing extra shipping elves for the season but what a great example to other businesses!!

Linda, you will appreciate this. I got a call from the alert company that they had just received an alert. I knew that I hadn't deliberately activated anything and that I didn't get the recording that a call was being made. It turned out when I talked to technical support that the wall button had been activated. I had the box out in which all those things came, including the wall button which I had not done anything with it. When I was moving papers in the box, I had hit the button so it sent an alert. I must say these people don't waste anytime calling to see if you are ok. I wear the wrist thing all the time, so I don't see the need to use the wall button so it is now safely secured away from human touch. For those interested, there is a chain of commmand: If they can't touch base with you then they call  your primary contact person as well as sending text messages to them and then 911, all of this within 5 minutes.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, NOV. 26)

Hello Ladies, it's a beautiful day today...in the high 50's so a bit unusual....but I am not complaining ......waiting for the other shoe to drop.  I was out early this morning to the store and it wasn't too bad....can't believe the holidays are upon us.....

I had ordered a couple of cuddl duds tops on clearance on the 11 th....received 2 emails tney are still in process as of yesterday......I know at other stores if an item is delayed they send you a link to cancel if you want,but not here.    I also ordered from Amazon yesterday afternoon and received delivery this  morning.

Its good to know how efficient your alert system is Jean.

Not much else going on here, have a nice day everyone. Marijane 

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, you got a fabulous deal on the Halston suede leather jacket.  Our weather has been on the mild side.  The snow has been all gone for a few days. It's sunny now, but we are expecting to get quite a bit of rain & then wind advisories for tomorrow. I have been doing a little bit of decluttering here and there.

I have been reading your posts most nights & they keep me in touch with all of you.

Last week was busy with my dh's lab/Dr. visit last Monday.  All is well there.  Luckily I called my rx drug plan to see what the Uloric that I am on will cost in 2020.  Only to find out that they don't cover it or the generic version.  I had an appointment with the ADRC lady & she found a plan that should work for me and I can get 3 months at a time at our new Hometown Pharmacy.  

We have been busy getting the fall jobs done around here before winter sets in. The leaves got picked up this morning.  My cousin's luncheon on Wednesday was nice and my DH didn't have to go for jury duty on Thursday.  

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Marijane--It is amazing how quickly some businesses can deliver. The Q hasn't been longer than its usual time for me but I do realize many people have had problems. The weather here is supposed to turn tomorrow with high winds and rain.

Twinny--It is so good to know that you have found a plan that will cover your meds in the way you need. I know you are busy getting ready for the onset of Winter but do take care that you don't overdo yourself. That was quite a deal on that jacket. I wonder how many they had in each size.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Marijane, our weather has been mild & sunny, but it's supposed to change tonight. It will be cloudy for several days and then a few nice 🌞🌞🌞 days.  I don't mind the sunshine and colder temps.   

Our dsil was on a business trip to Boston last week and was able to meet up with our ds for a nice dinner at Quincy Market.  He told our ds the sad news. Our ds and ddil are as stunned as we are.  

Our dsil keeps in touch with us so we are glad about that.  The dgc seem to be doing fine so far.  We are glad that our eldest dgs is in college, doing well and enjoying it.

We are taking the Subaru in for its "Encore appointment" next Tuesday afternoon, so I emailed our dd and we are going to meet her for lunch at chic fil a in the Capitol City.  It's near JCP & Kohl's.  I am going to be a good listener.  On her emails, we would never know what all she has been up to.

I really do enjoy your thoughts and prayers.  

We had a very good Thanksgiving lunch at our church on Sunday.  We are going to our hometown family restaurant on Thursday.  I can't believe that December is right around the corner.

I only have one thing to try to get on Black Friday.  It's a NESCO roaster from Farm and Fleet for our nieces wedding in January.  

We are hosting Christmas here so I have lots of things to do in a few short weeks.  

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

It's warmer than usual today which is always problematic for my migraines and the dogs allergies. It is nice for everyone else. I have a late start today on getting to the market for some last minute sale items and prescriptions. The pharmacy line is always long so I'm thinking I should probably have lunch before I go. I also want to wait until the dryer is off. I'm always nervous about leaving it when it's running with that old exhuast fan.

We did have a few deliveries from Amazon and they were fast. I was impressed. The few things I ordered from QVC all came at once after weeks. I liked that Amazon delivered to the door. They sent a picture to our phone to confirm it. Great idea. The packages were left at the foot of the mailbox in the street. Honestly!! Terrible.

Yesterday, we had the entire herd of deer and the buck in our yards all day. They were getting drinks from the bird baths and finding something to munch on in the grass. They don't seem bothered by the dogs and the dogs don't bother with them when we're on the patio. (It's fenced it so everyone is safe.) We have GSD's but ours only bark when they are alerting to a stranger.

Our female dog has allergies which she takes medication 24/7. Change of seasons still cause skin irriatations on her. Today we woke up with 2 "boo boo's" on her one hind leg. I have it bandage so I'm hoping she let's it alone. So discouraging to see it resurface because it's been months and months since she had one. I had hoped that maybe we were over this part of her allergies. 

I'm still working with the charity on my furniture pick up. I had to send pictures. They will let me know if they want to send a truck.  This is going to be a longer process than I thought. Crossing my fingers that this is handled by the weekend.

Hope everyone has a good afternoon/evening. 

Respected Contributor

Thanksgiving greetings to all. I read daily but don't post here as often as I should.

my oldest dd, sydnie and the dog are flying here for Thanksgiving.,my dd is worried about the weather, but she has the car service we use picking them up and tge airport at MSP handles snow very well. 

Unfortunately, we will have nasty weather here for a couple of days..rain and highs in the 50s. Hoping the weekend will be decent.

i am doing well with my no shopping attempt. Every time I get tempted, I look at my closet, shake mty head and go on to something.i have more than enough for a long time.lol

have a very good turkey day ..enjoy what you want to do. 🦃🦃💜

Honored Contributor

Jean @KonaKat   What a comfort to know that alert company is so responsive.  I know I get emotional and I try not to make it awkward for others however... I am really thankful this holiday that you are here to post with us after that experience at the end of August. 

Just wanted to get that out.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@twinny70    this is me sending you a hug

Image result for hugs gif

Honored Contributor

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family Barbara @sydsgma1