Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, NOV.24)

Good Morning, Ladies!  I'm much feeling better this morning, and I think this cold may finally be leaving me.  I tried Bernie's remedy -- thanks.  I don't know whether the cold was leaving on its own, or the Zicam did the trick, but I'll keep taking it until the symptoms are gone.  And, if there are leftovers, I'll take them the next time I feel a cold coming on.

It is a beautiful sunny morning here, and it should make it up into the 70's.  We are expecting more seasonal (cooler) weather for Thanksgiving (highs in the 60's).  Guess I can't complain.

DH and I have the senior lunch program today, and I may or may not go to the gym.  I'm thinking of going tomorrow instead (he'll be in the club, so I don't have to leave him alone.)  

Hope Jean is back home from her sleep study and all is well.

Waves to Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, Bernie, snicks, Susan, Rosa, Marijane, LindaR, Barbara, pinky ann, Charlene, Karen, Gayle, and all of our posters and readers.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Valued Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, NOV.24)

Good morning!

Linda I am glad you are feeling better.  With everything that you have got going on a cold can really be draining.

Not much going on here, I need to go to the grocery store after work, I was asked to bring a green bean casserole and a cake to Marks' familys' dinner and I am taking a cranberry salad to my in-laws.  The casserole is not the Frenchs' one I make one with sour cream and swiss cheese.  I am making an apple cake with cream cheese filling and a praline glaze, it is a Southern Living recipe, delicious not hard but time consuming.

I hope that every one is well.

Honored Contributor

Good morning to everyone, and thanks, LL for starting the  thread today. So glad you are starting to feel better. Hope you and DH enjoy the lunch program today.

I'm moving prety slow today...3 days of shampoo-ing carpet has taken its toll on my back, that is for sure. I have mopped the kitchen floor and got started washing sheets and comforter. I think I have decided on hamburgers for dinner tonight, just to make it easy on myself, lol. Need to make a quick grocery store run for just a couple things, then if and its a big if, I feel like it I may rake up the front yard one more time, will wait and see on that. I have cancelled the neurologist appt in Dec., just don't think it's necessary at this point. If necessary I will re-schedule it for later on. Hope everyone has a good day. Waves...

"To each their own, in all things".
Valued Contributor

Snicks, you deserve a rest !  You posts were making me tired just reading them.

Trusted Contributor

Hello ladies...chilly day here low 30,s earlier but by Thursday we may hit 60 and good travel weather for people.      Happy to hear you are doing better LindaL...I will have to try those Zinc drops next time I have a cold.   Have a nice lunch today.

Rosa all your food dishes sound great....do you deliver?  Have a nice time Thursday.

Snicks your poor back....you deserve a rest!

Not muvh here...I'm sitting at the hair salon with " stuff" on my head deciding do I run out to the store ..again,,,,,later or wait till tomorrow morning early.  I do have things to do at home I can get to this afternoon.    Decisions,decisions!

Well time for a rinse out so I'll cut this short.   Have a nice day everyone.....Marijane,

PS I haven't seen Twinny on here or a few days......hope things are ok with her.

Respected Contributor

Rosa: can you post your green bean recipie. I need to take something to a dinner next week. Sounds yummy

Sticks. You have been a busy lady. Yes you earned that back ache!!!

I have got to brave the grocery only s few items but I must. After a bright and sunny day yesterday today is gloomy. They are predicting rain and possible t'storms for the holidays.

Valued Contributor

Green Bean Casserole

2 cans french style green beans, drained

2tsp flour

4 tsp finely chopped onion

2 tsp butter,melted

2 tsp sugar

1 pint sour cream

8 oz swiss cheese ,grated

Stuffing,small package, I use Pepridge Farm

Drain beans set aside, Make a paste of the four and butter,adding the sugar,salt and onion.  Add sour cream and swiss cheese.

Gently fold in green beans and spoon into a greased casserole dish.  Cover with the stuffing, use how much you want to. 

Bake at 350 degrees for about 25-30 minutes.

Respected Contributor

Thank you.  That sounds yummy.  I think I will fix that for our Christmas event next week at church.  I think the men are doing the ham as they usually do.  Ladies do the rest.  Last year I got their early and two of the fellas were sitting in the kitchen--chairs pulled up watching the ham in the oven!!!   I laughed about that one. 

Somehow decorating defauted to me.  Another lady has some items---invitations have been printed and distributed. 

At some point we will need to put up the Christmas tree.  Not sure when that will happen.  One of the ladies said she would purchase another tree---but she said that for a few years before it happened with the tree for the church!.  Will see. 

Honored Contributor

Yep, I overdid it the last few days. As today wore on my back became more and more painful. No raking for me today, got everything else done and when I get the kitchen cleaned up after dinner, I'll be getting the heating pad out and calling it a day. At this point I can barely move. By now I should know better, lol.
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

Hi girls!  Well, seems like the problems with this board never end - there's a new one every week!  I was just about to give up...I kept getting weird messages.

I'm finished with my errands - I had cupcakes to deliver, and stopped at the PO where I found that a package of books that I had sent to a friend's son in prison was returned; I don't know what the heck is going on - he's supposed to be able to receive books. I had a code for a free dozen donuts from Krispy Kreme, so that'll be my Thanksgiving treat.  Fortunately it's warmed up nicely, but I'm now in for the next two days.  Traffic was horrible, and I don't care to drive in it - especially with people talking on the phone or texting while they drive. I might stop at Publix Friday, but I wouldn't dream of going anywhere near the big shopping areas this weekend.

When I got home I moved Angelica's doghouse onto the porch; I can't trust her to not escape from her tieup again, but I can close the door on the porch, so she can sleep in there at night - it's well insulated. No blanket or anything, of course - she tears everything apart. Cat Frustrated

Glad to hear you're feeling better, LindaL.

Snicks, I have to shampoo the rugs again myself, thanks to those *#$ cats. I see there are some leaves I missed but...who cares?  Cat Wink

If any of you sew, or attend churches that have a woman's group that's looking for projects, you might be interested in making these pillowcase dresses.  I had never heard of them until I helped with the Christmas Child boxes, but when I looked up what they were on a search engine, I came across this site.  A friend in CA is going to do them, and I passed the info along to my pastor's wife in Hawaii. She said they already participate in a similar missions project, and told me that children who are nicely dressed are less likely to be kidnapped by sex traffickers, so it's a wonderful cause.

Hope Jean's sleep study went well...

My pot pie lunch is about ready; I'll check in later.

Have a blessed evening, everyone!