Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, NOV. 22)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a beautiful but cold sunny day. I can handle Winter as long as there is no snow which is absent today much to my delight.

I saw that eBates has an increased percentage cash back from JC Pennys so I automatically thought of Bernie and wondered if she was taking advantage of it. I did from Sephora online over the weekend when its cash back increased for  items I use. The free shipping also helped.

I had PT yesterday and also paid a visit to the podiatrist who took care of the big toe nail on my right foot. I gritted my teeth at one point but I am now minus much of that nail. After paying the co-pay, I thought that the amount could have gone toward a new pair of boots.  I have PT tomorrow and am waiting to see if I can work in a nail appointment.

I have my " homework" to do for physical therapy as well as odds and ends around the house. Tomorrow is trash day so I hope to make Waste Management's stop a worthwhile one for both of us. I did accomplish something today. I just uploaded to the computer the pictures taken in Puerto Rico.

I don't think theh TSV appeals to me, so that will be money saved. On the other hand, Denim & Co. awaits so perhpas something there will appeal to me as it is one of my favorite lines. I really don't need anything, but time will tell.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, NOV. 22)

Good morning all and thanks @KonaKat for the start. Cloudy day here, temps in the upper 40's, rain expected this afternoon. Good luck with all the PT, hope it is helping you.

I am not interested in the TSV today either. I have what I need as far as a way to go, without carrying a handbag. Been doing it for several years now, most of the time.

Today I will just be tinkering around the house, doing a bit of cleaning, laundry, etc.

Hope everyone has a good day. Waves....

"To each their own, in all things".
Trusted Contributor

Good morning Ladies, sun is out here but very cold and still windy,yesterday afternoon we lost our electric till around 8 pm last night..it sorta interrupted my dusting(LOL).

I have been running around trying to get things done before Thursday,the stores are starting to get wild.   I had the plumber here this morning for a few things....I should have encourage one of my kids to become one with what they charge just for coming into the house....the parts used were a few dollars!  OH well...

Thats about all I want to make some spaghetti sauce this afternoon and also run to the store for one last thing.       Have a nice day everyone.        Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

Marijane--I agree with you about the cost of the plumber. Plumber: "It will cost you obscene dollars to tell you that you have a problem." Me:" I know I have a problem." Plumber: "Yes, but I am going to tell you the exact problem and how much shopping you will have to give up fo the next six months."

Snicks--Yes, the PT seems to be helping much to my surprise. When you get finished with that housework, you can head my way. I really have to grit my teeth to get houswework done. I started but then remembered I was going to upload my Puerto Rico pics and did that. I do have a trashbag filled, however, and another one started.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

@Genny1, plumbers, aarg! I hate it when 2 come and you have to pay for both, one is just handing the main one whatever tool they need, I could hand them the tools for no money, lol.

@KonaKat, the trash thing made me laugh, when I read your OP this morning, it reminded me that today was trash day, I had to get mine to the curb, quick, lol. Thanks for the reminder.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Hello all, it's cold here and I think I may need to get a cup of afternoon coffee.  It seems cool at work today.

I bruised the heck out of my left big toe in July, dancing at a work team event/ barbeque/picnic.  When I say that I 'put my foot in it' when I dance, I am not kidding, rofl.

Anyway, I had purple polish on my nails that I took off to reveal some hideous bruising.  I figured, let everything breathe a month or so and see what happens.  When nothing happened, I painted my toes again.

Well that nail fell off on Saturday morning - first experience with that.  So I find myself with 9 normal toes and a Frankentoe.  Oh well, hoping it looks more normal by spring/summer of next year.

Today was garbage day for me too.  I schlepped out the 6 bags of leaves and two small bags of actual garbage.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening, and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Glad PT is helping, and you are not dealing with the four letter word (snow) there.  I had ordered one of the TSV "wallets" some time back -- it may have been a larger version, but it was that type of thing.  I thought that I would use it on my walks in the morning, but that has not happened yet. Buyers remorse for me.  I have a "fanny pack" that works well, and I don't know why I ordered it.  Maybe someday I'll use it, but buying two more is a no go.  I want to take time to enjoy your PR pictures later.

Hi snicks. Hope you get all those house things done.

Sorry you lost power, Marijane, but i'm glad it is back.  I know plumbers can be very expensive.  I have a reasonable one, at least I hope I have him.  I have been calling for several days with no answer.  Nothing big, but I like to have him drain the hot water heater every year, and make sure the pipes are wrapped.  Hopefully, he is just out of town.  He doesn't have a company or anything, so when he is away that is that.

Hi Bernie -- sounds very cold there.  Sorry about that toe.  I have pretty weird toenails -- including one that is missing completely.  But, I still wear sandals a lot.  Mostly, my toe nails don't show that much.

The senior lunch program went well this morning, and the director brought in her new baby girl (actually born in August).  She is very sweet.  The former director also showed up and played some music and sang for us.

Headed to the gym shortly, and then to visit DH.  I visited him twice yesterday, and he was fine.  Everyone there enjoyed the pecan pie.  

Waves to Kathleen, Arlene, twinny,Charlene (I think our weather is similar), Susan, Barbara, meallen, 3suwm5, butterfly, Rosa, LindaR, Karen, Gayle, pinky ann, and all of our posters and readers.

Have a nice evening everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Hi everybody,

Image result for tuesday evening images