Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, MAY17th)

Good Evening!  It continues to be hot and dry here -- only 5% humidity at the moment.

It was already fairly warm when I took my early morning walk, but not too bad.  The senior lunch program went well as did the gym.  After the gym, I picked up the hospice mailings, and I have assembled them.  Probably won't go to the Post Office until tomorrow since I am feeling a bit sleepy.

Hope your DH's eye doctor appointment went well. Glenda.  Also hope his appointment tomorrow, and your infusion on Monday go okay.  How exciting about your nephew's wedding after all this time.

I have to admit to being somewhat surprised about your shoe addiction going away, Bernie.  Good work.  I have been retired a lot longer than you have, and still buy way too many clothes and shoes.  

Imagine you have been busy today continuing to get ready for your hot water heater and generator, Fressa.  Hope things are falling into place.

Tomorrow I have two OLLI classes plus a Walmart pick-up, so I'll be hopping.  I heard from Bev that her surgery will be tomorrow (at one point it was supposed to be on Monday).  Thanks for all your prayers for her.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Sleep well everyone, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, MAY17th)

@LindaLatte    and others:    I have to admit that I know few posters by their actual names...jusy their nics. How do you get to know this? Would love to address some by name. I do wish all posters and their families with medical issues a quick recovery.  

I've been traveling the last few weeks. First was a 5 day trip to DC for a huge "convention", workshop, new product displays and demos. It was tiring walking the huge concrete floor venue.

Upside was lots of samples in full sizes and boxes of PR to bring home and give a try.

I stayed on for a few days of museum hopping, Georgetown and Alexandria's Torpedo Factory (a big building w/ artists' studio. They're actually in residence and working so you can watch and of course, I purchased a lot of pottery...always a weakness. Both kids lived in the area (McLean, VA and in Alexandria), so I know my haunts, shops, boutiques and great restaurants.  

*BTW, Jones Road is rather disappointing. (sorry, Bobbi). Have tried it for a week and especially the Miracle Balm is like colored Vaseline. I do like some of the RMS much better. The lines are quite similar. Holding off on the skincare samplings until my stupid slight sungurn on my face goes away.Long story short, I grabbed an expired suncreen with spf 30 and burned through my car's side windows and while walking outside. Stupid mistake on my part.

I reactivated my gym membership and am trying to fit in my classes with my hectic scheule of bridal appointments. Molly's been getting an hour walk at 5:30 in the dark w/ my flashlight, her poop bags and my phone for emergencies. I purchased a small Baggelini crossbody to hold all of these necessities during my walk.

Have a wonderful week.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus 

What was the name of the "convention" that you attended in DC?

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Honored Contributor

I can't speak for anyone else @Shanus .... When I joined this thread I noticed that long term posters addressed other posters by name.  I read the thread long enough to figure out who each person was responding to and introduced myself. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I went for my second Moderna booster on Monday.  Short of chills for several hours yesterday the only side effect I'm dealing with is the flesh reaction on the arm that was injected.  I would call it a skin reaction if it was just the skin.  I have an area 5 inches long top to bottom and 4 inches wide left to right that is red, warm to the touch and hard as a rock.  My arms are kinda skinny so the reaction left to right is kind of wrapping inward (towards the armpit).  This is the 4th time that I'm going through this.

I can't stop the spread - my body is gonna do what it's gonna do.  I control the burning and itching with Caladryl.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nice to see you posting here Shanus.  Bernie's (aka bird mama) response to the name question is a good one.  While I am not one of the original posters, I have been posting here for many years (I think since 2008).  Needless to say, posters have come and gone over the years, and some never do share their real names or locations.  I fully appreciate their reticence with all the identity theft, etc. that is going on.  My real first name is Linda and I live in Arizona, but lived most of my life in Maryland (DC suburbs) before I retired.  Glad you enjoyed your trip to DC.

Is Shanus your name or a nickname?  I think I have seen your name on other threads, but I don't know anything about you.  We get pretty personal here -- out health issues, pets, shopping, daily activities, etc. I think most of us are trying to declutter and make wise purchases.  Am I correct in thinking that Molly is your dog?  That is the name of three of my relatives, but no dogs.  Anyway, I hope you enjoy posting here -- a "no bash" thread of long duration.

Hope your arm is better soon, Bernie.  Glad you were able to get the second COVID booster.  I got mine last month.

Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama---Sorry to hear about your reaction. I have those and also have skinny arms. I don't know if it's a combination of our systems or the size (or lack of thickness of the arem) but it sure is uncomfrotable and frustrating. Hope recovery is sooner than later.