Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, MAY 9)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Congratulations to Cleo and the rest of the family, Charlene.  What a surprise that she had two babies instead of one.  Hope you were able to get the milk replacement with no problem. 

Our weather is pretty nice today, but they are predicting cooler weather for tomorrow and the possibility of rain.  I certainly cannot complain.

The AC man showed up around 11:15 or so, and he turned out to be a very nice man.  A couple of parts of my AC needed to be replaced, and he told me that the cost of those parts plus the $75 "spring cleaning" coupon I had would be nearly the same as buying a service contract for a year (since I would get a discount on the parts.)  I decided to go for the service contract and they will be checking both the AC and furnace in six months.  My AC is still okay, but if the coolant leaks or there is another issue, I'll need to replace it.  Hopefully, that will be at least a year off since replacing it (and probably the furnace) is not inexpensive.

I use the elliptical machine at the gym most of the time when I go there (unless the two machines are in use), so the TSV appeals to me.  But, I will not be buying since I have the gym and the gym version also exercises my arms..  I'm also a L'Occitane fan, but my DD gave me a set for my birthday so I won't be ordering that either.

Hope all is okay with you twinny.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, MAY 9)

Linda L, I am so glad that Cleo delivered two babies and not just one.  What a nice surprise.  We were a double surprise to my parents when they were told that it was going to be an 8# baby boy & they got 2 baby girls six weeks early. I think that you have a very nice gym that you go to on a regular basis. No TSV for me because it's hard for me to pedal when I don't have a seat and a back.

My infusion went well yesterday, but I was surprised when I told them that it was my first infusion there & they asked me if I had been getting them at the UW Clinic.  I said "no, I had been getting them at my hometown clinic.  Then just before I was all done, & I said that I heard that the gama gard wasn't available at my clinic, they said that I was getting Gamunex which was ordered by my neurologist at the UW Clinic.  

They told me to call the UW Clinic & ask if I can get this drug in my hometown clinic.  Yesterday I was on hold for almost 30 minutes when I had to hang up to use my Trac Phone, because I only have 30 free minutes per month which we don't usually use.

After another 30 minutes on my Trac Phone, I finally got a rep to talk to.  I told her my situation and said that  i wanted to speak to a nurse.  She said if I didn't get a call back that afternoon, I would get a call back today.  I am still waiting for the phone call.  If I don't hear back by 4:00 this afternoon, I am going to put a letter in the mail.  It's ridiculous that they don't have an 800 number.  I need to make an appointment somewhere for my next infusion in 8 weeks.

We had rain yesterday as we were leaving the hospital.  It's cloudy and mild today with sunny days on the way & 60's-70's.

I am having a lazy day.  The hot tub was nice.  Tomorrow is our grocery shopping day.

My DH is  visiting our friend whom was having a lot of different problems & it's his birthday tomorrow.

On Saturday morning we are taking the Subaru to get the recall problem fixed & then we are going to meet our dd & her family for an early Mother's Day lunch at chic fil a.  It's a nice place to take the dgc too.

On Monday we are going back up to the Capitol City to go to Kohl's & then on to our dgs's band concert that night.  Back home afterwards because my DH has 7:00 lab work and a follow-up two hours later on Tuesday morning.  By now the Subaru knows the way.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread.It is good that you have your AC serviced and have chosen a contract that will give you multiple benefits. Yoiu are an active person and also have access to a gym, so I can see how the TSV might not be a purchase for you.

Twinny--I'm glad the  infusion at the new clinic appears to have gone well. Those call backs can be a nuisance when you tie yourself up awaiting the call that never comes when expected. You deserve a lazy day.

I worked today and received part of my QVC order. I haven't tried them on yet as I'm tired. I also received a FedEx food delivery which was supposed to arrive two days ago, but the driver had an accident and couldn't fulfill the delivery. The products were items I like to use..protein bars and drinks which were on a special sale.  Everything was well packed in insulation and ice packs despite it not being food that would ruin although I did think the heat might cause some melting but all is fine.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

The Beachpants TSV fit. I got one pair in black and one in the animal print both in the same order. What did the Q do? Send them in separate packages when both could easily have gone into one package.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Hello all, I'm happy to read that everyone is doing well today.  I received my blouse from JCP today and it's in the washer as I type this. Woman Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jean, enjoy the new pants.  I just got a call from the UW Clinic after calling them a few minutes ago.  They told me to call our local clinic and ask if they can get a gama gard replacement.  Apparently our local hospital is going to become SSM sooner or later & then they might be able to get it.  So tomorrow I will talk to one of my nurses.

Bird Mama, enjoy your new JCP clothes.  We went to JCP yesterday after my infusion & neither of us found anything that we couldn't live without.  On Saturday we going to Kohl's and try our luck.  I am hoping to send you several days of nice 🌞🌞🌞 weather.