Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, MAY 31st)

Good Afternoon!  I am back from the senior lunch program where more people showed up than signed up for lunch.  I did my best, but there was no way to stretch a couple of things.  Oh well....  The director thought it would not be a popular meal (tetrazzini, but everyone seemed to like it.  They had bags of dried cranberries, that were also a hit.  But, not enough for everyone.  

The plumber didn't show up at DD's house until this morning, and he said it was the dishwasher itself (not the pipes), and it could be repaired.  DD contacted the appliance company, and they agreed to do the repairs and bill her for the labor if that is what the buyers wanted.  But, the buyers wanted the money instead.  At least that worry is over.  And, the Maryland house is sold.

I am waiting for the pest control company to come (regular treatment), and depending on when they make it, I might go to the gym today.  If not, I will go there tomorrow.

Although the TSV sheets might be nice, I am not buying any more bedding until I buy a new bed/mattress.  Still debating between a full bed or queen size.  I really think a full bed should be more than adequate for one person, but.....

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening.  Please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, MAY 31st)

Linda @LindaLatte  I'm happy that the Maryland house is officially sold and your DD reached an agreement about the dishwasher.  What a weight off of her shoulders. 

With the cost of groceries on the rise I am not surprised that more seniors showed up for the luncheon.  It's hard because you don't want to plan for a crowd and then have nobody show up.  Then again you feel lousy when folks show up and you don't have enough.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

You are quite correct, Bernie.  It is very upsetting to throw out food, and we are not allowed to save it (health department rules)  They ask for a "contribution" of $3 for the lunches, and it is quite a bargain.  No one checks to see if you pay, and I know some don't. 

Money can be very tight for some seniors who have "outlived" their savings.  And, I can't stand the thought of people going hungry.  As my Dad used to say "no one should go hungry in the U.S."  He and his family had a very difficult time during the Depression, and I know they probably had hungry times.

I was pretty upset that the pest control company didn't show by the promised 3:30.  I called and found that they had written down the wrong date.  Now they are supposed to come tomorrow (earlier in the day).  I thought about postponing my gym visit until tomorrow, but went ahead today.  It wasn't too crowded, which was good.  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte---Glad to hear that DD house is sold and the dishwasher issue is resolved. One good thing about the pest control is that it will be handled this week. It "bugs" me when the revised date is pushed back to another week. UGH!! 

I like extra space when picking a bed size but the sheet size is a factor. I haven't seen as many bedding items offered in "full" as "queen" which matter with the fitted sheet. The bedspread/comforter would be more size forgiving. Just my thought.

Have a good afternoon.