Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, MAY 31)

Kathleen---Prepaid phones can be legitimate, but not all prepaid phones are "burner phones." What makes the difference? It is primarily the purpose for which they are purchased and then used. There are many people who use prepaid phones, but most are not spies, crooks or someone who needs to nake a call that will be traced. Most "burner phones" are very cheap and are purchased with cash so the purchase can't be traced. Again, it is the purpose and the primarily one-time use.

Twinny--I am glad that you enjoyed the Dixie Stampede meal. I've read varying reviews. I'm sorry about your friend who had the heart attack Hopefully, there will be improvement. Your friend who is wearing the boot and upper body protection is not letting it interfere despite it being uncomfortable.

Snicks--I've always thought that the Cize infomercial looked like fun, but the reviews at Amazon do suggest that the moves need to be accomodated for those with physical limitations. There is no way I could do the exact moves they do. I love Amazon for the reviews as they are usually pretty fair.

Charlene--Great job on the decluttering and being able to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I remember one of those decluttering books stating that people should find one item a day to leave the house without it being replaced. Just one item a day would be 365 items in a year, but this is practical only after the major job is done.

Bernie--I'm going to use the TSV in the bathroom to save my back. It kills me to lean over and clean the tub as well as stretching to clean the tile in the shower. It looked great to clean around the toilet.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Hi girls!  It's another hot, sunny day out; I have to get a start on this week's homework, rather than leave it for the last minute, and I guess I'll take the dogs to Walmart when it gets cooler this evening - I have to return a coloring book. I like the concept of it (it's a coloring book/devotional), but I really dislike the ones where the picture goes to the very edge of the page.  Last night we went to Ross; I returned the uncomfortable sandals, and didn't even look around - there is absolutely nothing that I need.

The TSV looks like something I'd maybe use once to try it out and then forget about it...  Isn't it funny, though, how sometimes we see something we never even imagined, then decide we can't live without it? Cat Happy

Charlene, I HATE smoking with a passion, and don't permit it in my house or car.  What angers me about Mark is when he's working in the basement, he smokes...and leaves the filthy butts on the floor (and outside in the yard). Even worse (and I don't even want to think about it....) is I can hear him hacking up and spitting when he's down there... Cat Mad  He really is an obnoxious little man, but...handymen who don't charge an arm and a leg are hard to find, so I just remind myself it's for a very limited time.  One thing I won't do is go shopping with him again; it's not just the smoking while pumping gas, but the racial slurs he makes... Ugh! 

Hope you enjoy your trip to Branson, Jean. Is the friend who is going with you the same who accompanied you to Nashville? (I forgot her name...)

Last night I made fish sticks & spaghetti...took a few bites and decided that wasn't what I wanted...  I'm still in that weird mood - don't know what I want. Oh well...

LindaL, I don't know about hot being better than cold; if you're cold, you can put on more clothes or pile on another blanket. There are just so many clothes you can take off if you're hot!  Glad you had a better night. 

Bird, thought you (and the others) would enjoy this:  Funny bird videos

Hi to everyone - have a blessed day!

Esteemed Contributor

Arlene--The person you met in Nashville is also going with me to Branson. You may have a point about the TSV gadget but some of those gadgets have worked well for me. One of my favorites is the thing that has pincher like things on the end to pick up things without bending over. Sorry the coloring book wasn't satisfactory. You have made a significant step by not buying at Ross. I have yet to buy anything from the Ross stores in which I have been. I guess you have to be in the right mood and hit it when the new merchandise arrives.

I just returned from outside where I was bagging those trimmings from the shrubbery. I had to take another break as the sun was intense with the almost 90 degrees. I have two more bags to go before I hit the trash pick up maximum, so I have to save part of that for the household trash.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Jean, to tell you the truth I don't care for the local Ross stores - they're usually half empty - but once in a while I find a treasure.  I don't go there when I want to "shop," I go when I want to "browse," so it's no great loss if I don't find anything.  The Ross in Kailua-Kona, OTOH, was awesome!  Always new merchandise coming in, and the store was always full. I used to laugh at the tourists who would come in on the cruise ships - they'd have a few hours in town, and many, many of them would head right for Ross!  Actually, that was pretty much the only game in town, apart from K-Mart, Walmart, a small (overpriced) Liberty House, and the tourist shops. 

I really don't understand why so many coloring book artists draw their pictures right to the edge of the page - they're difficult to color when they're like that; I prefer a border. I have settled on a couple of favorite artists whose books I know I can buy on Amazon without looking at them first, but I have quite a few coloring books as it is, so I won't be buying any for quite a while.

Well, I had defrosted a burger, but don't feel like having one but had to use the meat, so I have a pot of Sloppy Joes on the stove right now.  

I have a feeling I'm not going to get around to cutting the grass today....

Honored Contributor

@FunkyHulaGirl

Adorable bird videos, thank you for sharing.  Grayson my pigeon likes to talk to 'his friend in the mirror'.  I tell him, you know that's you, right?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise